Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has "Pheasant" on the menu next week

Options
  • 11-11-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Any restaurants in Dublin serving Pheasant, now that the shooting season is in full swing !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭HugoBradyBrown

amadain wrote: »
    Any restaurants in Dublin serving Pheasant, now that the shooting season is in full swing !

I don't know about restaurants, but Lidl are selling excellent quality frozen shot pheasants in a box, and for less than 10 Euros, so the restaurant could be at home.

Hugo Brady Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

lidl also sell venison.posh nosh at very affordable prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

I don't know about restaurants, but Lidl are selling excellent quality frozen shot pheasants in a box, and for less than 10 Euros, so the restaurant could be at home.

Hugo Brady Brown

Hmmm, sounds good. Do you know if they're Irish pheasants? Not that I really care....the price is right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭HugoBradyBrown

crushproof wrote: »
    Hmmm, sounds good. Do you know if they're Irish pheasants? Not that I really care....the price is right!

Sorry for the delay; mine was deep in the freezer. They are labelled as 'Scottish pheasants prepared and packed in Germany'. Shot in the wild, too, the box says. 900g on average per pack. In a largely white cuboid cardboard box, under the 'Deluxe' label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Do a search for pheasant on menupages using the 'site' filter tab on the homepage search. Don't use the restaurant or menu tab filter as they won't give you the results you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

tricky D wrote: »
    Do a search for pheasant on menupages using the 'site' filter tab on the homepage search. Don't use the restaurant or menu tab filter as they won't give you the results you want.
    THANKS AGAIN Tricky.

Davy Byrne's and the Westbury Hotel were two that I found in the city centre.

That menupages dot ie is a good site.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

amadain wrote: »
    THANKS AGAIN Tricky.

Davy Byrne's and the Westbury Hotel were two that I found in the city centre.

That menupages dot ie is a good site.

Follow the following procedure

1. Go to ''menupages dot ie'' website
    2. Go to "Choose Dublin (or what ever county you prefer) Restaurants by Area"
    3. On the right you will see a search facility by "Restaurant" "Menu" "Site"
    4. Now press on "Site" and type in the food your want i.e Pheasant
    5. Click GO to search and up come the results you required.

Fallon & Byrne are certainly selling fresh pheasants. It may well be on their evening menu aswell :)

Advertisement