Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to quit contract

Options
  • 11-11-2011 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Generally you have to pay the remainder of the contract. But you should make a case to Three, explaining as you have here. They will probably look for proof. Whatever you do, don't just walk away. It will result in your credit rating being blacked and remember Hutchinson-Whompoa(Three) are a huge company that have a wide-rangeing network in SE Asia & Australasia.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Hi all. I got myself an Xperia Arc off Three back in April with a 24 month contract. Have paid all my bills so far, but lost my job recently and cant really afford the €40 each month. Also, I've been offered a job in New Zealand with my brother. If I want to leave Three, do I have to buy out the rest of the contract or is there any other options?

another option would be to try and get someone to take over the contract but what you should try and do is drop your tarriff but as i said if you have a friend that likes your phone try and get them to take over your account not sure if it can be done but worth a try three won't care once they are getting the money

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

greg_f wrote: »
    another option would be to try and get someone to take over the contract but what you should try and do is drop your tarriff but as i said if you have a friend that likes your phone try and get them to take over your account not sure if it can be done but worth a try three won't care once they are getting the money

That an insane idea, give someone a contract in your name. It's all good until they run up a massive bill and don't pay and op gets dragged to the district court without her knowledge as she's in new zealand. Nice idea but could end in tears.

OP you lost your phone, you just need to get any 3 phone and put your sim in it to get back up and running. Go into a store to get a replacement they might also have some second hand phone they could sell you cheaply to get you back up and running.
    If you haven't already done so call 3 and get them to put a block on you account until the sim exchange is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

I didnt lose my phone at all. Just wondering was it possible to get outta a contract. And also.... Im a fella.

If you did happen to lose your phone, hint hint, you could then claim on the insurance (money for new phone or whatever whilst still having old one to slot a different sim in) and the contract is voided. Otherwise, pay up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Right. So I have this Xperia Arc. My first one was faulty after a few months so I brought it back and got a replacement. Amazingly, the replacement I got was also faulty. Now im on my 3rd different Arc and low and behold, I think its also faulty (drops signal altogether, freezes, reboots and the battery is unbelievably bad). Im getting rightly sick of this now. Can I leave the contract if my phone is constantly faulty? Im not getting what I paid for.

No. Phone reliability or what you chose isn't the networks faults. The phone you get is only sort of a gift that you sign up to them and to allow you to use the services.

The only way out is to pay up, or go through hell and under if you have no coverage. Dropped calls or for whatever reason their service is unsuitable for your use. But i know a fella who had horrible service traveling around the country and it took him a good 3 months or so to prove to three that their network isnt up to scratch.

Its the only reason im not with them. They do have the best offer for your phone. Just not the best mobile phone service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Simtech wrote: »
    If you did happen to lose your phone, hint hint, you could then claim on the insurance (money for new phone or whatever whilst still having old one to slot a different sim in) and the contract is voided. Otherwise, pay up!

What, what, what, what??????
    How in the name of God does claiming off your insurance mean your contract is void? Worst advice I've read here in months!! OP ignore that poster...

Advertisement