Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found This On Gumtree, Above Board Or A Scam?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-ViewAd?AdId=328885553&MessageId=MSG.VIEW_AD.EMAIL_TO_FRIEND_SENT&mpname=LocClass-E2F&mpuid=%3B328885553%3B63123614%3B3008508%3B9302%3B18346%3B%3B%3B%3B1320981855888

Was browsing on Gumtree and came across this, i emailed them and got a reply back, they saying i can stay with my current employer after six months but ill be working for this company and they will be paying my wages and it will count towards 2nd year visa as their company is in an Regional postcode.

This is the email they sent me:

No you dont have to be in a regional area. Because our company is situated in an area which has a regional postcode.

Basically how it works should you and your employer wish to go a ahead is that you would still work at the same company however you would work for us and we would pay your wages, superannuation and workers comp. If you and or your employer wish to know more please contact Kieron on 08 **** ****

Best Regards

Ally Scott

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Sounds like a scam, you work for an employer (or not) and they sign your sheet off for immigration.

Question is what's it it for them?

Obviously a fee of some sort.

There are already farmers under investigation for the same sort of thing, obviously this crowd is doing the same thing in the construction side.

If you get mixed up in a scam..... bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I dose sound like a bit of a scam alright but it may just be a company exploiting a loophole in the law for a fee. If the company is paying your wages and contracting your services out to another company then that pay them slightly more then they pay you. It could be legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doc wrote: »
    I dose sound like a bit of a scam alright but it may just be a company exploiting a loophole in the law for a fee. If the company is paying your wages and contracting your services out to another company then that pay them slightly more then they pay you. It could be legal.

What loophole.
    The requirements of regional work clearly state that work has to be completed in the regional area.
    Specified work must actually be done within an eligible regional Australia postcode area. Work that is completed in a non-eligible postcode area for an employer, whose office or post office box is in a regional Australia postcode area, does not meet the requirement.

OP, what's described in the OP doesn't count towards the 2WHV.
    It might not be a scam, as such. I'm sure they'll pay your wages, issue paysilps etc. and if called they'll say you worked for them.
    You might even get away with it. But if 3 months down the line, somebody messes up and gets caught, then you'll be investigated and sent home. Your risk. There are far easier optinos for 2nd WHV imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Mellor wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »

What loophole.
    The requirements of regional work clearly state that work has to be completed in the regional area.
    Specified work must actually be done within an eligible regional Australia postcode area. Work that is completed in a non-eligible postcode area for an employer, whose office or post office box is in a regional Australia postcode area, does not meet the requirement.

OP, what's described in the OP doesn't count towards the 2WHV.
    It might not be a scam, as such. I'm sure they'll pay your wages, issue paysilps etc. and if called they'll say you worked for them.
    You might even get away with it. But if 3 months down the line, somebody messes up and gets caught, then you'll be investigated and sent home. Your risk. There are far easier optinos for 2nd WHV imo
    When I saw it first on GT I was saying this is too good to be true, they def something fishy about it.
    I would never risk of getting thrown out of Oz for it.

Advertisement