Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with logic pro 9

Options
  • 11-11-2011 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

new enough to producing so sorry of this is an obvious fix.

Been using logic pro for a few months now and have noticed this really annoying pop or click on bounced audio files, if i bounce say 8 bars of midi then import the audio and copy the audio loop along the track then the start of each segment there is a really noticable pop/click, its not too much of an issue at the moment as i mainly just work with midi but im sure down the line i'll have to work with both and can see this being a problem.

anyone have any idea what i can do to solve this?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'm not familiar with logic but the click sounds like a common artefact problem you can get with audio clips. If you zoom into the waveform of the sample you will probably notice a peak at the very start of the clip. You can try and edit this out or else creat a very short volume fade envelope to eliminate it. Mind you that wouldn't be a very suitable long-term solution if it happens to every loop to use. Maybe someone else will know what's going on with the exporting stage that's causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

Can you post a sample? Haven't a clue what your talking about otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Havent used Logic in ages.. but when I'd bounce stuff, I'd usually stick a little curvey fade at the start & end.

Never did it with kicks.. but a slight little curve would normally do the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 revolv909

audio clips pop/click if the very start or very end of the clips waveform isnt on the 0 line or baseline ( not to be confused with bass line ). Happens on all platform and programmes.. In Logic if you double click the audio file thats clicking it will open up at the bottom of the screen too in the Sample Edit window... Go to the very start of the audio file, high light it ( click and drag )youll get used to how much you need to highlight))... then select either Insert silence or fade in from the functions drop down menu in the same window ( not the main drop down menus at the top).... The same can be done for the end of the files... .... you just get used to it after a while... hope this helps

Advertisement