Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to Wear to Job Interview

Options
  • 11-11-2011 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone tell me what would be the usual dress code for a job interview in oz?

I have an interview lined up next week with a bank for a temp role. In Ireland I would usually wear a suit but I didn't bring one with me to oz as we were travelling around before we got here so couldn't really pack one. I have a shirt and slacks...will this be ok or do I need to fork out and buy a suit?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Shirt and slacks would do - maybe a tie too

No need for a suit (for the interview) but defo smart

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

WiltonC wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what would be the usual dress code for a job interview in oz?

I have an interview lined up next week with a bank for a temp role. In Ireland I would usually wear a suit but I didn't bring one with me to oz as we were travelling around before we got here so couldn't really pack one. I have a shirt and slacks...will this be ok or do I need to fork out and buy a suit?

Thanks!

Buy a tie from K-Mart, target or one of the charity shops and you'll be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

your agency should advise. the interview for my current temp job was corporate attire - so had to go buy a suit. Even though its a temp job, its going perm.
    As they say - dress for the job you want.....

Some of the agencies i went to meet requested that i attend the initial interview with them in corporate attire - i guess they need to make sure you will look the part as when they send you on interviews/assignments you are representing them.

You will pick up a suit here cheap enough - that's just my experience and advice. A bank is corporate attire. If it was say a call centre/general office i would say not so much.....

GOOD LUCK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

For a bank interview you would need a suit and tie . Best of luck with interview

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

If you have a suit wear it. No one has ever lost a job because of being over dressed. Best to suit up n make an impression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A smart shirt, tie, slacks and shoes is fine imo.

You can get away with not wearing a suit jacket due to the weather imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Mellor wrote: »
    A smart shirt, tie, slacks and shoes is fine imo.

You can get away with not wearing a suit jacket due to the weather imo

I wore my suit jacket to my last interview recently specifically because of the weather, it made things uncomfortable but at least it hid the numerous sweat patches that no doubt covered my shirt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Same for women? slacks and shirt? (womany ones :pac:)

Advertisement