Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jake Hecht

• 11-11-2011 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

MMM/Boxing CLinic coach Jake Hecht signs a 4 fight contract with the UFC and debuts against Rich Antonito dec 10th on the Jones/Machida card.
    Everybody at the gym wished Jake the very best of luck and look forward to celebrating with him when he gets back to Cork after tearing it up in Toronto!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

congrats jake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

great news guys well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Congrats, great achievement

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Great news, well done Jake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Thrilled for Jake, go kick ass dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

i cant wait to see jake on the H2O while everyone will be partying at the BATTLEZONE after party lolol

on a serious note congrats mate, super achievment !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Seen this last night. Congrats Jake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Great news. Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Excuss my ignorance but is jake irish. Longshot with the surname but would love to see another Irish lad compete at that level

• Advertisement

Excuss my ignorance but is jake irish. Longshot with the surname but would love to see another Irish lad compete at that level
    Hes American.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

I'm sure there will be a new crop of Irish guys in the UFC soon.

But having guys like Jake in Ireland will only help the younger guys at the Boxing Clinic get better as they start their careers. People forget that MMA isn't a spirit event, it takes time to develop, but I'll be amazed if a few top tier Irish guys don't make it Stateside next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kerley1979

Jake may have Irish heritage or descent, but he is from a town North of Saint Louis, Missouri. Born and raised there before starting his career in MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

And your point is?????

kerley1979 wrote: »
    Jake may have Irish heritage or descent, but he is from a town North of Saint Louis, Missouri. Born and raised there before starting his career in MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

His point is he was answering another guys question maybe?

Great to see a guy who is training out of Cork compete at such a high level. Fingers crossed for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Jake wins by tko rd 2, nice to see the mma clinic cork city logo in the UFC! Well done jake ya legend!!

Boom! What a finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Great performance, well done!!!

Only person fighting out of ireland to win a fight in the UFC, Major Achievement. Jake "The Beast" Hecht what an animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Congrats Jake :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

how come he's living in cork? that's mad i only read this thread now. well done.

how come he's living in cork? that's mad i only read this thread now. well done.
    He came over to Coach the MMA Clinic in Cork
    374308_323877024290350_100000041661806_1256233_762013287_n.jpg

what's the background? was he head hunted or arrive anyway? where did he do his training camp for this fight? ufc?

no offensive to anyone in cork but it seems a bit bizarre someone beginning their ufc career would relocate to this country

what's the background? was he head hunted or arrive anyway? where did he do his training camp for this fight? ufc?

no offensive to anyone in cork but it seems a bit bizarre someone beginning their ufc career would relocate to this country
    Heres an Interview with Jake from May.
    http://fighthounds.com/interviwes/cork%E2%80%99s-redfm-104-106-interview-with-jake-hecht/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭nino1

what brought him to Ireland?
    no disrespect intended to the mma scene in ireland but it seems a strange move when he could be in one of the big camps in the US.
    Just curious.

I listened to the interview and it seems he was offered a job and he took it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I listened to the interview and it seems he was offered a job and he took it.
    Incredible story.

The strangest ones are the true ones.

• Advertisement

he was back in Cork training the guys last night, less than 48 hours after he was in the Octagon in Toronto. Incredible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

"When he accepted the fight on November 13, Hecht weighed 204lbs but managed to make weight of 170.5lbs at Friday’s weigh-in in Toronto".

That's pretty amazing. It depresses me to think that I'm going to do the exact opposite of that over Christmas.

Ian Whelan wrote: »

That's pretty amazing. It depresses me to think that I'm going to do the exact opposite of that over Christmas.

That's impressive.
    And the cut too, more than a bit dangerous though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Niall0 wrote: »

man it was painful listening to that intro to get to the interview. Cheers for the link decent interview, won't be tuning in reg though :)

Advertisement