Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Other half getting lazy?

• 11-11-2011 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FashionLover

So I've been in a relationship for about 6 months now. For the first few months things were going really well, sweet texts, calls etc. from my OH. He'd also text me first thing in the morning when he got up, constantly texting me just to say I love you and so on. But now I'm the one that needs to text him, and he never says I love you anymore. I only see him about once or twice a week because we both work. He used to take breaks in work just to give me a quick call, but this has all gone down the drain the past few weeks.

I read some articles saying that as men become comfortable in a relationship, they become lazy; could this be the case? Or is it that he truly doesn't love me anymore and has become less interested in me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fuck his best mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Halal Butcher

I would have him tested for polymorhisms of the RS3334 gene.

Extra copies of this gene can inhibit release of the hormone vasopressin, a hormone closely related to oxytocin, the so-called 'cuddle-chemical'.

The inhibition of vasopressin will render males less likely to commit to relationship or more likely to cheat if in a relationship.

Conversely, males with no extra copies of the allele are more likely to be in a happy, long-term relationship.

Just sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Wrong forum I'm afraid.............
    ........you need the..............Conspiracies forum, dat-away >>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Put broken glass in his sandwiches and then say you did it because you love him.

I have no idea what this will do for your relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Meh, Why you want to be with such an annoyingly needy person anyway. Seriously all that texting 24/7 is retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

a bit soon on the other half stuff there... or have you been married 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Has he start farting in your presence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you measure the strength of his commitment by how often he tells you that he wuddly-wubbs you, then you are doomed to a life of six-month relationships.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

he's got to contact you first and constantly...

are you afriad of phone bills or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I suspect from your post OP, well all the lovey dovey crap anyway, that you are both young. Cold hard fact, he has lost interest. Dump him and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So I've been in a relationship for about 6 months now. For the first few months things were going really well, sweet texts, calls etc. from my OH. He'd also text me first thing in the morning when he got up, constantly texting me just to say I love you and so on. But now I'm the one that needs to text him, and he never says I love you anymore. I only see him about once or twice a week because we both work. He used to take breaks in work just to give me a quick call, but this has all gone down the drain the past few weeks.

I read some articles saying that as men become comfortable in a relationship, they become lazy; could this be the case? Or is it that he truly doesn't love me anymore and has become less interested in me?

^ Theres your problem. Reading articles and such is a load of bollox, ask him abuot his feelings. i wouldnt judge any of my relationships on what other people have experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Blast him with face-kickings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Does he have a rabbit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Get a dog instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Put broken glass in his sandwiches and then say you did it because you love him.

I have no idea what this will do for your relationship.

I'm certainly interested to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

You're only 16, arent you op??

You're only 16, arent you op??

He says stroking himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FashionLover

23 I'm afraid, he's two years younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

seamus wrote: »
    wuddly-wubbs you

;)

Therein lies the issue.

He wants to fire into younger mots as you're pushing on a bit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Suck him off while he plays the new COD.

And if you don't want to do that, then don't be bitching about him not wanting to do gay sh!t like buy you flowers.

• Advertisement

Is his name 'Fashion'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Make him a vasopressin sandwich?

One thing that's definitely gonna make him stick around is to get pregnant. Then he'll realise how much he wants to be with you and you'll b 2getha 4eva

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Have you gained weight OP? I'd start with working on that.

That's actually pretty good advise Frada.

OP I recommend you take this approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

he is a guy, so to perk him right up you might need to do some further anal-ysis on the matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭EarlyStorms

There's no great secret with us guys it sounds like he's lost interest. I expect he'll be ending the relationship soon so you might want to get in ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

He's lazy because he doesn't ring or text you first.

First world problem.

He's lazy because he doesn't ring or text you first.

First world problem.

Female logic...

If he does ring or text before she does does that make her lazy?
    No it makes her happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Give him an dramatic ultimatum, it doesn't matter about what, us men always respect and love ultimatums. You will have a life of everlasting love from then on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Have you put on any weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

What i'd do here if i was you is start acting in the same way - if he's not saying he loves you then you stop saying it to him, if he has stopped texting you, then you stop texting him......and see where it leads then.

He could be acting cool cos he wants an out but due to the level of interest/i loves you's/attention he paid you in the first few months feels he's dug himself a hole he can't get out of. Us men can be notorious cowards at this sort of thing.

I had to do a double take at this post and check the date - i thought for a second you were my girlfriend - but then we split up 2 weeks ago but the lead up was exactly the same as you described.

If its run its course it's run its course, no point dragging something out that is just going to go downhill. Get out while there's still good feelings going.

And the weight thing mentioned above...................is that an issue? The scales will tell ya that....opinion doesn't come into it. Us men can get pretty lazy emotionally. IMHO - women can get pretty lazy physically in the comfort of a relationship. You start going out with them and their all hot, sexy and in great shape, then they (please note the previous IMHO) get all comfortable and start letting themselves go...................wrong and all as it may be it's nice to have your woman looking good, for herself and for you. I wouldn't dream of letting myself go physically and personally i'd like to be with someone likeminded.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carlosvan

what id do is just stop calling and texting full stop and do something you enjoy like a hobbie that doesnt have anything to do with him, if he's interested he'll make a efort to get in contact , if he doesnt just get on wiuth your life , and go bang some more men untill you find the one you want ot kep banging for the rest of your life

Nothing worse than riding a boombalatty in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carlosvan

I wouldn't dream of letting myself go physically and personally i'd like to be with someone likeminded.[/QUOTE]

you sound like my kind of partner!!!! **** i bet your a man arnt you ,,, well feck that anyway!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

He is cheating.

I heard there are 2 lovely girls out during last 2 weeks.

One is intelligent brunet named battlefieldia and the other one a playful wind headed blond moderna warfer.

I don't know which one is he going out with now, but don't worry, it won't be long lasting relationship.

gavredking wrote: »
    ^ Theres your problem. Reading articles and such is a load of bollox, ask him abuot his feelings. i wouldnt judge any of my relationships on what other people have experienced.

ask him about his feelings?? what is this, oprah?

bluewolf wrote: »
    ask him about his feelings?? what is this, oprah?
    She's fat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

In fairness, what you described would drive me mental - whether I was on the giving or receiving end. Plus, I don't think I'd normally be comfortable telling a girl I loved her until around the six month mark.

Different strokes and all that, I suppose.

carlosvan wrote: »
    I wouldn't dream of letting myself go physically and personally i'd like to be with someone likeminded.

you sound like my kind of partner!!!! **** i bet your a man arnt you ,,, well feck that anyway!!!!

I sure am.

You're really putting your ass in the breeze making a comment like i did above.......and not to be mean - there is a margin of fatness allowed - but if you're unhealthily fat and fall outside recommended guidelines you need to do something about it...................fat isn't a personal opinion - its a fact, hop on the scales and they'll pretty much tell you if you're fat......if in doubt get a body fat percentage done - that'll tell you straight up.....................and no - the above does not apply to people with underlying medical conditions.

The question "do you think I'm fat?"..............can be answered straight away - "hop on the scales if you want an honest answer"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Confront him with your issues and get right in his face while your at it.
    Lads love that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Don't worry about it OP. Your other half has simply realised that you're not worth the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

He could be bored, he could be lazy- it's hard for us to tell really.

I'm with my other half 7 years this year. Every day I'll tell her I love her, text her multiple times each day. Whenever she comes home from work I'll greet her at the gate with a big smile/kiss/cuddle. She's wonderful, I'm lucky to have her and appreciate her. I'm not trying to say I'm great or whatever but if you're in a relationship with someone you need to work at it and make them realize that you appreciate them.

Regardless of whether the OP is genuine or not and regardless of the fact that they have chosen to post in AH, the comments thus far have been bitchy, mean and less than helpful. Rather than snipe at the poster perhaps someone could have been kind enough to direct them to the forum below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1174

newuser89 wrote: »
    Confront him with your issues and get right in his face while your at it.
    Lads love that

Better still, hold out til your down the pub, get drunk and do it then, with some wailing and crying thrown in "You'd don't love me BOO HOOO HOOO"..............make a scene - guys love that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

He could be bored, he could be lazy- it's hard for us to tell really.

I'm with my other half 7 years this year. Every day I'll tell her I love her, text her multiple times each day. Whenever she comes home from work I'll greet her at the gate with a big smile/kiss/cuddle. She's wonderful, I'm lucky to have her and appreciate her. I'm not trying to say I'm great or whatever but if you're in a relationship with someone you need to work at it and make them realize that you appreciate them.

Regardless of whether the OP is genuine or not and regardless of the fact that they have chosen to post in AH, the comments thus far have been bitchy, mean and less than helpful. Rather than snipe at the poster perhaps someone could have been kind enough to direct them to the forum below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1174

You should check out normalisation. Its going to kill your relationship at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You should check out normalisation. Its going to kill your relationship at some stage.

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

If you measure the strength of his commitment by how often he tells you that he wuddly-wubbs you, then you are doomed to a life of six-month relationships.

I actually had a major argument with my gf one day because of this. I hate all this lovey dovey stuff and when she said she loved me etc., I just replied thats ok!

Anyways it came to a head one day and I explained why I don't do all this lovey dovey sh!te and she accepted it. Married 4 months now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

I actually had a major argument with my gf one day because of this. I hate all this lovey dovey stuff and when she said she loved me etc., I just replied thats ok

Legend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Wow, Op is caaaaaarrrrazzzzyyyyy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

One thing that's definitely gonna make him stick around is to get pregnant. Then he'll realise how much he wants to be with you and you'll b 2getha 4eva

No, dey luv each udda 5va!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement