Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distributors Margin?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am selling into a market where the retailers margin is 35%, what margin should a distributor be looking to achieve based on this 25-30%??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lucky Dub

30% is pretty much the norm, do you deliver the goods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭usainbolt

Delivered by courier at retailers expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lucky Dub

Rare for the retailer to pay the carriage?

Are they a big retailer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

20% on sales is normally the minimum for a distributor. Get your minimum order at a good value is key.

I know of distributors that go as low as 10-15% but to compensate they have higher minimum orders of £3000+.

Out of 130 suppliers, we pay carriage to only 1 person. Carriage is always built into the price. Free delivery over €300 of an order for example!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oneis

Does anyone know what the retailer margin would be on Adidas and Nike clothing? I am in the process of setting pricing for a range I am looking to import and need to get an idea of the level of margin that retailers would get for similar items of clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

What they get from adidas might be 30%. What they would expect to get from your would be closer to 60% margin. Adidas and Nike spend billions building their brands and unless you intend doing the same over decades then don't expect to ask for high prices!

Advertisement