Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hucklebucks NH and NH Ante Post Log

Options
  • 11-11-2011 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I wont be posting every day and am keen to try this, this is as much an exercise in being disciplined as trying to be the new pyro!

The odds I use are Bet365 who are best odds guaranteed so I will update to sp if higher.

My style of betting is mainly bigger odds ew bets with the occassional short priced selection.

HANG ON TO YOUR HATS I AM STARTING AGGRESSIVELY!!

Cheltenham today:

1:10 - Pigeon Island (12/1) 5pts ew

2:20 - Gullible Gordon (8/1) 5pt ew

4:05 - Grands Crus (2/1) 30pt win

2012 - RSA - Grands Crus (8/1) 10pt ew

Balance -70pts

Good luck:-)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck with the thread mate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Cheers Pyro, I am looking to out do you by the way ;)

Ok, decent start then, Grands Crus looked very impressive and is now 4/1 in some places for the RSA so that looks decent. Unfortunately Gullible Gordon and Pigeon Island were both just outside the places in 4th.

1.45 - Cheltenham - Woolcombe Folly 11/10, looks a very smart chaser in the making and should dispatch the field handily enough - 20 pt win

2.20 - Cheltenham - Pateese 11/2, I really can't understand how he is drifting, he won a handicap really well last week and looks very well treated here, sure you can argue he ran 8 days ago but he is miles ahead of the handicapper and now R Johnson is onboard - 10pt ew (b365 pay 1-5).

Balance -20

Ok, I took a break as I was all out of luck, better this weekend so far even though on Friday I picked 7, had three winners and three second (combined losing margin 3/4 length!! - grrr)

Today I am concentrating on Fairyhouse, all my selections are based on liking of conditions and/or track:

5pts ew - 12.50 Midnight Game @12/1, had some rough luck in running last time out and was still travelling beautifully but found nothing. Willing to forgive that today and now stepping back to 2m and with an engine that looked incredible in his last race.

1pt ew Accum:
    12.50 - Midnight Game @ 12/1 (2 places 1/4 odds)
    1.20 - First Lieutenant @ 6/4 (2 places 1/4 odds)
    1.50 - Voler La Vadette @ 7/4 (win only due to no of runners)
    2.20 - Our Victoria @ 5/1 (3 places 1/4 odds)

8pt win double
    1.20 - First Lieutenant @ 6/4
    1.50 - Voler La Vedette @ 7/4

Antepost
    10pts ew - Midnight Game - Supreme Novices Hurdle @ 25/1 (3 places 1/4 odds)

Bal -50 :eek:

Good God, what an utterly shocking display of finding winners!

Midnight Game did not seem too happy today, my initial instinct after the last race was he was not happy with the ground but I revised that to bad luck in running. Perhaps I was right the first time!

10pt Win @ 7/4 - Voler La Vedette - 1.50 - 7/4
    2pt ew @ 5/1 Our Victoria - 2.20 (3 places 1/4 odds)

Bal -64

Voler won well.

2.20 - Our Victoria 3.5pts win @ 5/1

Bal -40

• Advertisement

Rory O Moore 5/1 - B365 - Punchestown 3:00 - 5pts ew

He was very unlucky the last day, a very bold front runner and doesn't mind the ground. I am not convinced the Mullins yard is in its usual imperious form so worth taking on with this selection.

Bal -50

Rory O Moore went off as expected but sadly faded very badly at the end of the race.

Today I am going for Cry Of Freedom, Mussleburgh 3.45, last time out he travelled fairly well inspite of the fact that he kicked nearly every hurdle out of the ground and was on ground to my eye that looked too soft for his liking, inspite of all that he still managed to finish second, well clear of the field. Slighty quicker ground today and on the basis that he has been schooled to improve his hurdling and is getting 14lbs off top weight, Ubi Ace, I think he could go close as his trainer is no mug.

To try get things back on track I am inclined to side with Cape Dutch, Mussleburgh 4.50, for a trainer double, no real science other than John Ferguson has started his training career very well.

1.5 Point EW - Cry Of Freedom, Mussleburgh 3.45 @ 12/1 (1/4, 3 places)

1 Point EW Double - Cry Of Freedom & Cape Dutch(1/5, 3 places) @ 41.25

Balance -55

Antepost
    RSA - Grands Crus (8/1) 10pt ew (3 places 1/4 odds)
    Supreme Novices Hurdle - Midnight Game (25/1) 10pt ew (3 places 1/4 odds)

I may do more on the Irish Racing later

Still stunned Grands Crus could not manage even a place, not sure what went wrong there :confused:

Not a bad card in Cheltenham tomorrow and I think I have unearthed a few gems:

5:30 - Megastar is a big horse with a big engine and his trained has kept him jumping until the Coral which distance wise was beyond him, this trip is 4f shorter and Joshua takes weight off. Megastar 5pts EW @ 16/1, 3 places 1/4 odds

4:20 - Rossmore Lad has had 4 runs on good ground with 2 wins and 2 places, he had 7 runs over the trip with 3 wins and a place. Charlie Longsdon is having some season and Maguire is a curious booking, worth an interest.
    Rossmore Lad 3pts EW @ 12/1, 1/4 odds, 4 places

3:10 - Red Not Blue seems to love Good ground which it looks like he will get, he has 7 runs, 6 wins and a place on it so worth a small interest at big odds. 2pts EW @ 16/1, 1/4 odds, 4 places

Balance - 75

Not a bad day,

Red Not Blue found only Patese too good for him and went down by 2 1/2 lengths, he drifted to 20/1 (+12pts)

Megastar was a non runner (+10pts)

Rossmore Lad didn't run well, poor effort at the 6th and never improved and was pulled up (-6 pts)

Unfortunately I did not tip Battlecry 16/1 & Bench Warrant 18/1 but gave them a mention here and back them myself

Maybe more big priced selections tomorrow, keen to get on the right side of zero!!

Bal -53

My old friend Megastar has resurfaced again following his late defection from the Cheltenham race and this race looks a much stiffer test. It is great seeing Petit Robin back for his second race after a long layoff and curiously it is another hurdle race for him after a long lay off. Edgardo Sol is a worthy favourite as he is well treated in this after his victory last time out. Charm School creeps in at the bottom and looks a bet to nothing and there is of course this years Ladbroke winner Raya Star who has performed quite well in handicaps all season. All said this is a very tough assignment for Megastar but worth a 2pts EW punt at 25/1.

Ayr 2:50 - Megastar - 1pt EW @ 25/1 1/4 odds 3 places

The Scottish Grand National looks quite an open affair but for me there is one absolute stand out horse. Merigo absolutely thrives around Ayr, in 7 runs he has won 4 and placed in 3. He has also won over 4m1 and was just touched off last year by 1/2 length by Beshabar. Taking this in to consideration along with the fact he is only shouldering 10-2 makes him an excellent bet at 7/1.

Ayr 3:25 - Merigo - 20pts EW @ 7/1 1/4 odds 5 places

Bal -95

• Advertisement

Megastar was very poor and never got in to the race. As there was an error in my post I am taking 2 off the balance. (-4 pts)

Merigo looked a smart bet at those odds as I could not see him finish out of the places, he won well with a smart ride from Murphy. (+215)

Today I have two selections in Punchestown, God knows what else the weather is going to throw up.

530 - With the potential of the exertions of Cheltenham taking its toll on Sizing and with Big Zeb sadly looking in decline it is worth taking them on with a small bet. Of the rest the most appealing is Capt Cee Bee at 14/1, he has won over two miles here, goes well fresh and has a tongue strap fitted for the first time. While he prefers quick ground he has won on soft and heavy and at the price is more appealing than Gauvain and Realt Dubh even though they probably appreciate softer ground more.

3pts EW Captain Cee Bee - 14/1, 1/4 odds 1,2

450 - Burrenbridge Lodge looks well worth some money he looks very well treated compared to others around his mark and he has also won on soft / heavy. He beat Minsk last time and hopefully he can produce something similar here. It will be tough for a 4 yo to win this but at 12/1 worth an interest.

2pts EW Burrenbridge Lodge 12/1 1/4 odds 1-5.

Balance +108

Well neither of my last two were in their races, AP took it handy on Cee Bee possibly to keep him for nother day.

I am in my second last day in work so no time for write up.

Cairdin at 8/1 looks huge.

Heavy - 3 runs, 1 win 2 places
    Punchestown - 2 runs, 1 win 1 place.

605 - Cairdin - 10pts ew 1/4 odds 1-5

Bal +88

Punchestown 715

Village Vic - "Won very easily on heavy ground, turning over odds on fav" - first run in Chepstow was awesome, just beaten in second run in quicker ground. I can forgive anything after first race as the yard was under a cloud and are now back in form.

715 - Punchestown - Village Vic - 4pts EW, 1/4 odds 3 places

Bal +80

Today I have two horses in my tracker but sadly locking horns in the 340 Haydock.

Sapphir River 14/1
    Lifestyle 14/1

"Sapphir - hasnt run too well since coming from France but keep an eye for him on easier ground."

"Lifestyle - looked to be held for run at the festival, back next time"

Lifestyle won his subsequent race and reappears here with a 1 last time, still
    improving imo

5pts ew Lifestyle
    2.5pts ew Sapphir

1/4 odds 1-4.

Bal +65

Sapphir River looked a ****ebox and has been deleted.

Lifestyle looked to be running all over them coming to three out, Geraghty flicked the reins a few times and starting easing her before two out, even being eased she was only about three lengths off the leader. Absolutely sickened by that blatant holding job. Will leave in tracker as I expect her to win next time out.

Go Native looks to have retained his ability so looks way overpriced at 50/1 for Champion Hurdle with Hills.

2.5 EW Go Native - Champion Hurdle @ 50/1

Bal 60

Sadly Go Native was fatally injured so we won't get to see him back where he belongs in the Champion Hurdle.

Bakbenscher running in Betfred & Levy Board Heroes Handicap Hurdle looks a cracking each way bet at 7/1 with the bookies paying the first four.

It looks like the ground will be at least soft and Bakbenscher is 4 wins and one place from 5 runs on heavy. He has had one run at Sandown and placed in it.

I think the favourite looks really strong (Oscara Dara) but given Bakbenschers record on the ground, the fact he has a light weight of 10-8 and the yard are in better form I would be surprised if he finishes out of the top 2.

5pts ew Bakbenscher @ 7/1 - Betfred & Levy Board Heroes Handicap Hurdle - Saturday 02/02/13

Bal 50

Bakbenscher's race was abandoned due to the stupid weather and we run back into stupid weather today but thankfully it is looking good.

I am waiting for the going to post my selections and I may just deviate from my norm and post a horse in each race of the festival.

Bal 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought you were dead !

Slattsy wrote: »
    I thought you were dead !

I nearly was... Work has been mental, working 8 - 7 and I have been painting the house in my spare time so I could just relax, gamble and drink for the festival :D

• Advertisement

Bondage 20/1 (B365) 2pts EW (1-5) - Coral Cup

This could be an inspired selection or a pile of ****e, well worth an interest anyway.

I put Mister Hyde in my tracker after his race in Kempton on 02/02/13, he ran a nice race that day from the front. He had the other horses in the race at it as they were swinging in and when he was needed some persuasion it appeared to be extremely gently.

Given that he is trained by Jonjo who is a master at laying a horse out for a big handicap and Dougie Costello has been booked for the ride as AP and Richie are riding JPs two horses.

He is not the best jumper and his record at Cheltenham is 4 runs and no wins or places and his best form seems to be on the softer side of good so conditions are not ideal.

As stated if my suspicions are correct and Mister Hyde has been layed out for this shouldering 10-4 with Dougie in the plate he could make his price of 140 on Betfair looks very generous indeed.

1 pt win @ 140
    2 pts place @ 15

Balance 53

Advertisement