Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer DVR-720H DVD Recorder

• 11-11-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have a Pioneer DVR-720H DVD recorder.
    It must be over 6 years old and it's now got a faulty power supply.

I've got a lot of unfinalized VR mode discs made with this recorder,so the plan is to get another Pioneer DVD recorder to continue using these discs and having access to the material stored on them.

If i can't get hold of this exact model(very unlikely),what other Pioneer model is going to be able to use these discs?

Im guessing it's going to have to be equal or greater than the one i have?

A Pioneer DVR-LX61D model is available at the moment.Would this be suitable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Some experienced people on www.avforums.com may be able to answer this for you. Especially a poster named Gavtech

Any way of getting the power supply repaired or replaced ?

I have a Pioneer LX61D if you pm me I can send my address and test one for you if you want to send to me.

For archiving I always finalise, only takes a few mins.

This Pioneer model won't be compatible with Saorview for recording via the tuner so need to consider if worth buying. Otherwise a v good machine, didn't think they were still on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daithi McNulty

Thanks for the avforums link.Got some useful there.

I think it would probably cost too much to get repaired.Might aswell replace and upgrade on the one i have.

The LX61D is no longer available but i might send you a disc to test anyway we'll see.

Would finalising the discs in VR mode be good enough to be compatible on other recorders?

Advertisement