Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Clinic Saturday?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Can anybody let me know if there is a gp in the kildare area that will take blood tests on Saturdays?
    Many thanks

Comments

As far as I know blood samples are taken in the morning and accepted by the hospitals in the afternoon, Monday to Fridays only. Most gp surgery's I've had experience of have done this. Best bet is to ring around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

About the only thing i could suggest is that if its a serious matter you present yourself at naas hospital early in the morning and hope for the best. Half the doctors around don't work saturday never mind take blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are no labs available on Saturdays for routine bloods. Blood doesn't last that long drawn.

You'll need to find somewhere you can get to on a weekday, generally before 3pm or so too.

Advertisement