Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Co. VEC, has anyone got their grant yet?

• 11-11-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about their grant from the Co. VEC, I'm still waiting for confirmation and can't even get through to the feckers to find out when I'll get that because apparently they are unable to take calls. They were supposed to start taking calls after the 28th of October:rolleyes:. Its getting a bit long in the tooth now, Christmas is coming up and the savings are getting thin on the ground.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I got mine 1st Nov but applied back in June/July for it. Apparently this year they are paying it in 9 installments not the usual 3. bit of a pain really.
    if they are still not answering the calls, try getting put through to another dept, sometimes you might get through to the right person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I got mine 1st Nov but applied back in June/July for it. Apparently this year they are paying it in 9 installments not the usual 3. bit of a pain really.
    if they are still not answering the calls, try getting put through to another dept, sometimes you might get through to the right person.

If you don't mind my asking do you know what no. you were on the list, they sent mine back with the letters, birth cert etc. Still can't get through and it might just give me a better idea of the time frame I'm looking at. I'm 621, somehow I think I'll be waiting a while:(

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    If you don't mind my asking do you know what no. you were on the list, they sent mine back with the letters, birth cert etc. Still can't get through and it might just give me a better idea of the time frame I'm looking at. I'm 621, somehow I think I'll be waiting a while:(

Hate to say it but I was 122 on the list, its an absolute joke:mad:

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

Hate to say it but I was 122 on the list, its an absolute joke:mad:

Oh god, that does not sound good, looks like I will be waiting until next year. Your right it is a disgrace, honestly can't get over how utterly incompetent they are. I mean what have they been doing for the last few months :(, thanks anyway atleast I know now I can make some sort of a plan with regards to how much longer my savings will have to last me.

Just got a text today telling me they were closing for the rest of the week to "process the large volume of applications received". you never know you might get a payment this side of xmas:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just got a text today telling me they were closing for the rest of the week to "process the large volume of applications received". you never know you might get a payment this side of xmas:rolleyes:

Fingers crossed anyway, I won't be holding my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

Was in there today, they taking calls between 11.30 and 12.30 tomorrow..
    They processing the applications in numeric order, girl at the reception said they are in the 600's

Advertisement