Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooker switch

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

hi i fitted a new cooker switch after the old one had burnt out. i fitted the new one exactly the same as the old one but the neon light stays on all the time. is this a feature of some cooker switches or have i done something wrong thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

You have the live input connected to the output part of the switch check the back of the switch and make sure the live is going to the "in" terminal and the wire going To the cooker is going to the out terminal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Note also that its not just the Live, both live and neutral to the cooker need to be connected to the L out, N out, or it could say Load between the L and N where the cooker should be connected to.

If only the Live is changed around, the neon might light dimly when the cooker isolator is switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭avfc1874

thanks to ye both for your advice the in's and outs were the opposite way on the new switch had just changed the wires . corrected it now works fine thanks again :)

Advertisement