Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install Airtricity Monitor if your Elec. Meter when you dont see cables

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

How to install Airtricity monitor if you electric meter is like sealed with plastic covers ?

Thanks for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

hmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Take a decent photo of the meter setup and put it up.

If single cores are not accessible, you will have to have an electrician install it at the MCB board. Its a better place for it anyway, but is not really a DIY job putting it there.

I have one myself and put the sensor at the DB.
    PICT0249.jpg

yes

certainly highlights the problem with customers attempting to fit these gadgets

what info comes with these things

regarding installation and hazard?

M cebee wrote: »
    yes

certainly highlights the problem with customers attempting to fit these gadgets

what info comes with these things

regarding installation and hazard?

Im not sure, didnt look at them at all, must see if i still have the leaflets off it. I had it out at the meter for a while, nothing to it once there are single cores.

But if people are going to be getting kitchen knives out to strip t&e then there might be a problem alright.

Just found the leaflet with it. Just says place the clip around the live into or out of the meter. At no time should any undure pressure or force be used on the wiring.

Thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MENACE2010

Hi
    I have posted an installation guide as a reply on another post. but this is the short version of it .

the easiest thing is to place the clamp in the meter box. Check if there is a brown cable either coming from the meter or the main fuse. try to place the clamp around the brown wire ( or the blue one)

This will work in your fuse box , you can take the cover off once the main power is off , but space wil be limited in the fuse box, the same applies though only one cable can be clamped either blue or brown not both.

if there is no visible brown cable in the meter box you should contact an electrician to help out to get the insulation of the main cable ( no change on the cable is required).

hopefully this helps ...

bit of a grey area this really between diy and electrical work

Advertisement