Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORBX expands to the UK

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Following some months of discussions and successful meetings in the UK last week I am pleased to announce that Orbx is expanding its Hampshire UK based development team with a view to release a new series of FTX Great Britain terrain regions:

FTX GB England (ENG)
    FTX GB Wales (WLS)
    FTX GB Scotland (SCO)
    FTX GB Northern Ireland (NIR)

Over the coming months we will begin to arrange the necessary contracts, licensing of source data, staff training and then GB England production will commence in March with a view to release in December 2012. Please note however, that there are many milestones to be achieved before we formally announce the project commencement and you won't see any preview screenshots until mid 2012 at the earliest.

However, for us a company this is a positive and exciting expansion of our FTX regions which will provide for a launching pad to European countries and beyond. It will also provide the base layers on which to develop Orbx high fidelity airports and other sceneries.

I will keep you all posted of progress in the months ahead.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38871-orbx-expands-uk-development-team-announces-ftx-gb-series/page__pid__339556#entry339556

And the good news is that FTX Ireland will come soon afterwards...
    Ireland is not part of GB but will be the region developed immediately after GB NIR, which makes sense of course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

I'm trying to imagine Ireland given the Orbx treatment...mmmmmm.

The rest of the UK would be a must too. I'd even buy VFR charts.

Stork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

storker wrote: »
    I'm trying to imagine Ireland given the Orbx treatment...mmmmmm.

The rest of the UK would be a must too. I'd even buy VFR charts.

Stork

Hope they include the ghost estates and unfinished developments!;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Nforce wrote: »
    Hope they include the ghost estates and unfinished developments!;):p:D

Don't forget all the AI aircraft and ferries full of people leaving...

:)

Stork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Happy time :D

God darn it, it means I'll have to fly in the UK now... though this should do wonders for my virtual 'supliment' to my flight training... Hopefully it will be fully vfr'able' like the canadian stuff :D

Advertisement