Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk about Being Up your own *** as a county!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Considering the majority of Cork voted Fianna Fail in the last election, I wouldn't rule it out.

It's a Fine Geal Councillor suggested it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

thelungs wrote: »

Much better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

thelungs wrote: »

That explains a lot actually!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

to whom it concerns,

this document entitles the bearer to notions of delusion about himself and cork. please allow these delusions to go unchecked and without hindrance.

The office of the minister for langers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

quick, everyone grab their shovels and start digging at the Cork border, we can send Cork out to sea, seperate it from the rest of the country

• Advertisement

quick, everyone grab their shovels and start digging at the Cork border, we can send Cork out to sea, seperate it from the rest of the country

Having a "Passport" would make sense in that case!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

They should bring in their own currency as well. Then when the Euro collapses the langers will have the last laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

What made me laugh was the earnest Councillor's claim that Cork is known 'world wide'

I mean, Ireland isn't known worldwide, let alone Cork!

It's amazing how much societal division there is in such a small country: you'd swear we're living on the CONTINENT OF IRELAND the way people hype up differences from one locale to another. Blows my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Cork bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

ilovesleep wrote: »
    The sooner Lisbon quakes and sends a tsunami to the shores of Cork the better. Those langers won't be as full of themselves swimming around in a tsunami of their own sh1te.

They're already full of sh1t.

A tsunami of sh1t wont change that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh dear - irony bypass methnks....

Look - it's a MARKETING TOOL!! Personally, I think it's a great idea. Where I come from, we have the 'Brixton pound'and the 'Croydon pound'. It's great marketing, encourages people to spend money locally, and puts the place on the map.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think it's not a bad idea actually. It has the potential to raise some cash and bring tourists in.

The amount of people worldwide who claim Irish heritage through their great great grand aunt would be happy to have this little cert. Then once they have it they may be inclined to actually go visit the place. It's not going to make billions of course but every bit helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

its not a marketing tool...its comedy gold...and the gold rush has started.

Oh dear - irony bypass methnks....

Look - it's a MARKETING TOOL!! Personally, I think it's a great idea. Where I come from, we have the 'Brixton pound'and the 'Croydon pound'. It's great marketing, encourages people to spend money locally, and puts the place on the map.

If you ask me it sounds more like the council just finding more ways to take money off people for something irrelevant and pointless. But again each to their own.
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think it's not a bad idea actually. It has the potential to raise some cash and bring tourists in.

The amount of people worldwide who claim Irish heritage through their great great grand aunt would be happy to have this little cert. Then once they have it they may be inclined to actually go visit the place. It's not going to make billions of course but every bit helps.

I really don't see how a piece of paper saying "I'm from Cork" will up the tourism levels......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Would they not be better off with an RFID chip inserted in their shoulder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Lot's of Cork hatred on Boards. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Cllr Laura McGonigle

Well, would ya? :D

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Cllr Laura McGonigle

Well, would ya? :D

That would be a Hell No!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Why would anyone want to prove their from cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Talking about it now on 4fm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i remember living in cork 10 years ago, they are lovely people and they are fiercely proud of their own city,heritage in that they really believe in the 'people's republic of cork' mantra. think the passport is a bit crazy really
    Oh god, the people's republic stuff as a joke I can tolerate (although it's a bit old by now) but actually taking it seriously? This Corkonian is scarlet...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why would Cork people need a certificate, t shirt or bumper sticker to let you know they are from Cork. They will let you know within the first 10 seconds of meeting them anayway.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Why would Cork people need a certificate, t shirt or bumper sticker to let you know they are from Cork. They will let you know within the first 10 seconds of meeting them anayway.

Houwiyaa dooin biy my names Jon and I'm from Coooork, aren't I grayt!!!! lol

Houwiyaa dooin biy my names Jon and I'm from Coooork, aren't I grayt!!!! lol

You sir, seem to have a real thing about people from Cork. Why??:rolleyes:

Nah I dont really, I'm just having a bit of a laugh, its all a bit of banter. I dont mean to offend anyone so hopefully I'm not and if anyone has taken offence I apologize. , as I said its just a laugh. I do however have a real thing about that passport thingy though, just think its ridiculous.

Nah I dont really, I'm just having a bit of a laugh, its all a bit of banter. I dont mean to offend anyone so hopefully I'm not and if anyone has taken offence I apologize. , as I said its just a laugh. I do however have a real thing about that passport thingy though, just think its ridiculous.

Nah mate - you're all right! I'm married to a Corkman, and I STILL don't understand a bloody word he says! I joke we're not married as I never understood the words of the service....:D

Now why don't you all talk proper like wot I does from London.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they just have to tell everyone they live in Cork, like in their userna....oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh god, the people's republic stuff as a joke I can tolerate (although it's a bit old by now) but actually taking it seriously? This Corkonian is scarlet...

you aren't the only one! this is the first i heard of this and im in cork :o (although i tend not to listen to idiots which could be how i missed this whole thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Wow, seriously? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

If i was from cork i'd use that money to forge my birth cert to change my place of birth:cool:

Advertisement