Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk about Being Up your own *** as a county!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

krudler wrote: »
    they just have to tell everyone they live in Cork, like in their userna....oh.

And???

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

John Doe1 wrote: »
    If i was from cork i'd use that money to forge my birth cert to change my place of birth:cool:

Im from cork and if I had the money I'd do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

in fairness to corkonians...this is brilliant. its self parody...and the balls to put it out there for the rest of us to take part in having a laugh .

you have to be secure to put this stuff out there.

i hope it makes a few bob.....

where are the cork people standing up for this and looking down on us lesser counties..

cmon corkonians..give us your best langer

what other county could even attempt this...kudos like boi.

we still gonna rip the piss ...and be quitely glad that in this lil country of ours...we can laugh at each others stereotypes...and play up to them for the craic.

anyone who refuses to get the cork passport is like a irishman who doesnt encourage americans to believe in leprechauns...and starts telling them there are none.

no fun in that. its not the irish way. we dont care what image others have of us...those images make them our playthings.

theres only one country on earth that has the craic. the rest immitate.

im glad cork is part of that...until partition anyhows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Elevelyn wrote: »
    John Doe1 wrote: »
    If i was from cork i'd use that money to forge my birth cert to change my place of birth:cool:

Im from cork and if I had the money I'd do it!!!
    Nah I don't go in for the proud Corkie stuff and I enjoy the piss-taking of us - it's only a bit of fun - but I wouldn't change it either. I like being from Cork. :)
    Sometimes you get the odd mentalist here on Boards who genuinely hates Cork people and blames them all for Roy Keane or some other illogical sh1te, but the vast majority of the putdowns are just having a laugh, and they can be hilarious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

It has to be said, the Cork wimminz are great. Love the accent on the women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

People are getting their impressions wrong though: it's Carrrk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Dudess wrote: »
    People are getting their impressions wrong though: it's Carrrk!

Correction......... It's Carrrk Byy!!!!

Advertisement