Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnivore site has had an overhaul

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I got an email yesterday off Barnivore (the vegan booze guide), they've re-vamped their site;

"We used to just list companies, which caused all kinds of confusion. For example, everyone wanted to know if Sam Adams beer was vegan. It is (mostly,) but it wasn't in the list - the Boston Beer Company was instead because that's the parent company's name. Yeah, not the brightest idea, but anyway...

So as of today, the Barnivore booze list is a list of products, not companies. And we've got a lot of products in there.

This is going to be HUGE moving forward. We used to have all kinds of weird status entries, like "mostly vegan friendly," "somewhat vegan friendly," "probably vegan friendly" and so on, based on the products that a company made. Now everything is either vegan, not vegan, or unknown. WAY simpler.

Oh, and now we can do cool stuff like have a company that makes both wine and beer, or a company that makes wines from more than one region. And a lot of other things that were holding us back.

There's still a bit of work to do (some of the entries need to be cleaned up, there are a few dupes, and the site needs a speed boost) but I wanted to let you know the news as soon as possible, because we're incredibly proud of this update! "

I was surprised to see Bulmers Pear and Bulmers Berry, on a quick check - I thought they started off vegan friendly but then changed. Anyone got up to date info for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

As far as I know all Bulmers products aren't suitable. I haven't checked out the new Barnivore site yet, but I do refer to it often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

bulmers pear was def vegan before it was on there website and it was my drink ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

just chec ked barnivore and bulmers pear is vegan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'd check with Bulmers themselves with all this confusion... The information on Barnivore is out of date. You should email Bulmers and let Barnivore know the result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

8. Is Bulmers Pear suitable for vegans/vegetarians?
    Yes.
    http://www.bulmers.ie/about-us/pear-faqs.asp

it's still piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Site looks much better tbh!

And the Bulmers FAQ:

Number 5: Does Bulmers have any side effects?

I would say yes, it gets you drunk if there's nothing else:pac:

Advertisement