Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

winter socks vs winter tyres

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 headstar23

Hey Nissan Doctor maybe i should have been clearer but even still 'seriously' was a bit harsh!We all dont know everything and surely thats why 'Boards.ie' was created? Anyway, I meant the difference in them when driving in the snow. I know how they drive the car but what happens when driving in the snow depending on the drive of your car!?
    Thanks CiniO i'll check that out about my car so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

headstar23 wrote: »
    Hey Nissan Doctor maybe i should have been clearer but even still 'seriously' was a bit harsh!We all dont know everything and surely thats why 'Boards.ie' was created? Anyway, I meant the difference in them when driving in the snow. I know how they drive the car but what happens when driving in the snow depending on the drive of your car!?
    Thanks CiniO i'll check that out about my car so!

I apologise, the 'seriously' comment was ment as I though you were litterally asking what was fwd/rwd etc i.e, because the explaination is in their description.

As for the differences in driving on snow... to put it a short as possible, for driving on normal snow covered roads, 4wd best, fwd a close second and rwd a very distant third.

What car have you got? Unless you have a large 4x4(landcruiser/pathfinder/pajero etc) then there is no facility to do anything about what WD your car is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 headstar23

I apologise, the 'seriously' comment was ment as I though you were litterally asking what was fwd/rwd etc i.e, because the explaination is in their description.

As for the differences in driving on snow... to put it a short as possible, for driving on normal snow covered roads, 4wd best, fwd a close second and rwd a very distant third.

What car have you got? Unless you have a large 4x4(landcruiser/pathfinder/pajero etc) then there is no facility to do anything about what WD your car is.

Apology accepted thanks!get where the confusion was. I drive a Ssangyong Actyon which caused so much trouble last year. I know there is an option to change the drive on the Rexton and the buttons are actually on the dash of the Actyon but they are not in use so thats why I was wondering if a garage can do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

headstar23 wrote: »
    Apology accepted thanks!get where the confusion was. I drive a Ssangyong Actyon which caused so much trouble last year. I know there is an option to change the drive on the Rexton and the buttons are actually on the dash of the Actyon but they are not in use so thats why I was wondering if a garage can do it!

If yours has no buttons for selectable 4wd then yours is the 2wd model:(

Advertisement