Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed on a SOHO setup

• 11-11-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is running a small office.

He wants to be able use an app on company IPhones to allow the office based people dial UK and US landlines and also each other for free. I searched but couldn't find anything myself.

He also wants to record business calls. I was thinking that there must be some kind of SIP gateway/proxy server that would let him do this locally.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

He wants to be able use an app on company IPhones to allow the office based people dial UK and US landlines and also each other for free. I searched but couldn't find anything myself.

He also wants to record business calls. I was thinking that there must be some kind of SIP gateway/proxy server that would let him do this locally.

Any ideas?

There are apps available like Linphone for Android, Blackberry - not sure about iPhone - which allow you to make such calls .......... provided you have a service from a provider which allows such calls.

Any of the Betamax companies could do this as well as other providers ....... I see Vomino mentioned for the first time recently on this section. Their mobile rates are a bit high.

EDIT
    yes Linphone is available for iPhone
    http://www.linphone.org/eng/features/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Check out http://www.vmxphonesystems.com/ based in limerick, they support iphones via bria(its on the app store) and do call recording.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I suggest you setup an iPBX with SIP accounts, Setup freepbx installation on a good enough server.

Then add extensions through the browser GUI for each iphone/blackberry/andriod etc and set this up with each phone application. You can add trunks etc from a betamox or google voice if you like and you can call other extensions for free. Obviously your going to be charged for data services etc which are paid usually for anyway.

Worth it if he wants to call from a dial inbound number (from voiptalk.co.uk etc) and not pay high mobile rates.

Recording calls both outbound and inbound are not a problem. You can also have this automatically done or manually record by a code during a call. You may need to tell callers though.

Hope this helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

And of course, you will be fully compliant with the the Data Protection Office. Surely you have done an equal amount of of compliance.

This is seriously a git forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

malachy47 wrote: »
    This is seriously a git forum.

Am I reallythat bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Am I reallythat bad?

Well I dunno ....... as I have no idea what a 'git forum' is :(

Forgive me. It's just that some seem to get into all sorts of contortions without really having to. I didn't mean to paint all with the same brush :-)

Advertisement