Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pocky / Toppo appreciation thread

Options
  • 11-11-2011 1:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So with the day that's in it - Pocky Day! - seems like a good opportunity to post a thread about those glorious Japanese snacks.

Anyone have any particular favourites? If I had to choose between the standard, plain chocolate models of either I'd go with Toppo. But Pocky wins on sheer variety. Of the ones I've had, white chocolate winter variety and the multiple Chocolate on Chocolate brands have emerged as the most delicious of the wide variety available. It always disappoints when the selection over here is so limited, but milk chocolate ones or plain milk are always a tasty snack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Okay I'll play along. I'll have to admit it's been quite a few years now since I've had a full pack near me. On most occasions in the past the kids would offer me to dip and have one and I'd take one.

There was a night i was rummaging around the drawers for something and came across a pack, opened it, a stuck one in my mouth. I think you only get about 20~25 in a box . You start off with a nibble of one and you might nibble on the second one in a girly fashion. The third dip you take two and by the forth dip you know you are going to finish off the lot so you have a bunch of sticks in your gob.

You then feel so ashamed having found and eating them and deprived your loving children of their treats you find yourself screwing up the box and hiding it deep in the rubbish box hoping your wife is not going to find out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm in Dublin tomorrow, where sells them? I'v. Never had any... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm in Dublin tomorrow, where sells them? I'v. Never had any... :o

Asian Market on Drury street!

Have only had chocolate and strawberry. They're yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I ate a full pack of em in about 10 minutes flat this week.. love that first break of the stem..

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Pocky for the win!

The extra variety is also great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

It hurts my teeth and pains my gums for long after I eat it, but I still really enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I tried Pocky for the first time last weekend at Eirtakon. Just the chocolate flavour and mmmm, delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

There's no more pocky in the Asian supermarket near me =( I heard that they closed down because Mikado copied them. Put I'm not 100% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

If you get a chance to try the salty chocolate Pocky.....trust me. You will NOT be disappointed!

Advertisement