Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Them F35 jets hovering around is a ****in joke....they love to **** the game up they really do. Even when you hit them with an rpg they still have time to kill you pack up the sambos and fly off.....pure bollocks.

Was on Oman last night and getting raped by a chopper for well over an hour, took off in my own chopper and hammered by jets. Cant even get from the carrier to land with a good jet pilot in chase. I dont have a problem with good jet pilots but when nothing works on them effectively the game is bolloxs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Think the F35 pilots would disagree with the hover hearing nothing but bitching about it because apparently they're useless in dog fighting. I didn't like the hovering initially but then i managed to chuck a C4 on an F-35 nose.

Agree with Oman, if the guys flying on your team are no good, it can be a really bad map, if you do get a flag, you've got the heli beating down on you and if you survive that you've got 3-4 apcs and possibly 2-3 tanks heading your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Them F35 jets hovering around is a ****in joke....they love to **** the game up they really do. Even when you hit them with an rpg they still have time to kill you pack up the sambos and fly off.....pure bollocks.

Was on Oman last night and getting raped by a chopper for well over an hour, took off in my own chopper and hammered by jets. Cant even get from the carrier to land with a good jet pilot in chase. I dont have a problem with good jet pilots but when nothing works on them effectively the game is bolloxs.

Any F35 hovering around should be taken down in about 5 secs by the Migs/Su's. Even an average pilot will kick ass against the F35's.
    The F35 is shocking and is even worse than in BF2 where the J-10 overpowered the F35..
    DICE really fúcked this up and I honestly can't see them fixing it..they should just remove the F35 and replace with the F18...it would make a lot of ppl happier.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blazer wrote: »
    Any F35 hovering around should be taken down in about 5 secs by the Migs/Su's. Even an average pilot will kick ass against the F35's.
    The F35 is shocking and is even worse than in BF2 where the J-10 overpowered the F35..
    DICE really fúcked this up and I honestly can't see them fixing it..they should just remove the F35 and replace with the F18...it would make a lot of ppl happier.

You should have seen it last night though. Wave after wave of choppers and jets. We couldn't even get off the ground on Wake Island, as they kept destroying everything that spawned. The ****ing F35 just hovering over the hangar, and then my rockets wouldn't even lock on to the ****ing thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Enderman wrote: »
    We couldn't even get off the ground on Wake Island, as they kept destroying everything that spawned. The ****ing F35 just hovering over the hangar, and then my rockets wouldn't even lock on to the ****ing thing.
    This bull**** should have been sorted out ages ago,Noshahr Canal is just as bad.
    Could they not make them areas the same for choppers as they are for infantry or am I missing something here???

You can hover above making sh1te of infantry,choppers or jets but God forbid you step outside the chopper with your little parachute and puny rifle or you only have 10 seconds to live........crazy stuff :confused:

• Advertisement

Enderman wrote: »
    You should have seen it last night though. Wave after wave of choppers and jets. We couldn't even get off the ground on Wake Island, as they kept destroying everything that spawned. The ****ing F35 just hovering over the hangar, and then my rockets wouldn't even lock on to the ****ing thing.

Isn't there an AA vehicle in one of the hangers on Wake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Soflam + Javelin ....solution ?

And yes, the F35s are useless. I've taken to only using them for having a laugh, capturing flags with them or putting them ontop of hotels.
    They are crap for dogfighting as their turning ratio is huge compared to the enemy jets.

Also, I take it you are referring to the Craggy server....it felt like the respawn time of choppers/jets was changed midgame to be instant.
    I can't remember it always being that quick

Craggy vehicle spawntimes have always been a tad bit quick.

Craggy vehicle spawntimes have always been a tad bit quick.

think JT reset it back to normal now....
    PLus Soflam and javelin is lethal to jets...takes down them in one go and flares are no good.
    Guys on the S18 server was killing me constantly last night with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I got shot down by this yesterday in the chopper but I never heard the missile in the air beeping so didn't deploy my flares. Anyone else get that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Recon soflam ( + javelin) is extremely effective plus damn difficult to destroy from the chopper.

Fitting ECM is decent, but your gunner needs flares to deal with enemy chopper, igla and jet lock-ons. Then there are the soflam tanks, snipers taking potshots, LAV's, small arms fire, etc, etc. Basically if you've done a lot of damage to the enemy from the chopper, they can response by going almost purely anti-air... and if your chopper starts to beep from multiple locks the moment you take off from your spawn, yeaah..probably best to stay on the ground.

Seifer wrote: »
    I got shot down by this yesterday in the chopper but I never heard the missile in the air beeping so didn't deploy my flares. Anyone else get that?

You don't !! That's the beauty of the guided missile :D

You may hear the soflam lockon, but the missile will just be an eventuality :) , either from a Javelin, or tank or IFV

I'm still unsure if they should bring back AA emplacements, what with the amount of AA already ingame .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Soflam and Javelin work, but not when you are getting absolute **** kicked. Also you have to be on a TS or in contact with the team. A bunch of randoms and forget about it......

The game should be so that no matter what skill a person is or has they cannot rape in the round. The biggest **** ups with this game are the vehicle damage (disable bollocks) and the in-consistency with the AA weapons, BAD LUCK ****e and the ejecting from air vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I have the CITV thingymabob for the tank, it would help if people use guided missles instead of a coaxil/etc not enough people use JAV's.

Do yous all be on the Craggy or Boards TS ?

I'd come on, when I join it's normally with about 5 DoWUK though and we are usually on vent, but could do both depending on who was in me squad etc.

As above, you really need communication for Soflam etc...no use painting things if noone is shooting it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Chorcai wrote: »
    I have the CITV thingymabob for the tank, it would help if people use guided missles instead of a coaxil/etc not enough people use JAV's.

Can only use Guided when your sure you are getting a decent machine gunner.

I do be on mumble.

3 of us in tank on Craggy other night 100% we were all on different comms.

Stupid 50 suppresion assists for the mg36 is absolutely masscaring my kd ratio, still though 11 more to do.

And stupid cars explosing and detonating the C4 that wonda left on the ass of my tank, at least he didn't get credit for the kill, actually one thing that annoys, destroying cars and tanks to kill enemy doesn't give you any credit. Took out a squad one day in firestorm by getting the tanker near b and got sfa for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

so to follow up on an earlier post here. pressing the right stick is the assigned button command for changing vehicle camera. yet it won't change when i press it. it's not a controller fault either as i've checked it with both controllers and its the same and the right stick works for crouching and such so anyone have any idea why i cannot change camera with the assigned button? happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It doesn't work in Hardcore mode. If that's any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

5uspect wrote: »
    Yes, here it is:

Great link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

right is that so. well i'll live without it then because **** softcore.

This game is pissing me off no end.
    Do the bars that gauge your ping even mean anything???
    I'm getting a 5 bar connection on all of them yet it lags like crazy.

I have to empty nearly full clips into someone before they die yet if someone so much as breathes on me I'm dropped.

Been playing BC2 the last while and only really turned this on tonight to see had it improved plus I really want to play the game I paid for but it's still sh1t and BC2 plays a thousand times better.

The ps3 version in my opinion is a mess,it's 2 months since it was released and it plays worse than when I got it first.
    Rant over,does anybody else on ps3 have similar issues with lag???

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Rant over,does anybody else on ps3 have similar issues with lag???

I find the PS3 version is pretty good.

One thing that is essential is ensuring you find games with the server browser not the quick search, and look for games on European servers only.

Inasmuch as there's a pattern to the lag I've experienced, it's at its worst when US players are close by (gunner in my chopper for example). I end up sharing their lag - which in a vehicle is immediately noticeable by an increase in turning circle/slower turning, and flares not working unless fired half a second early.

I think there's compensation, so the higher the latency of your connection the greater the priority of your inputs over others.

It's inconsistent, but I choose to believe the problem is other people, not a bogey game engine - because it can work perfectly well at other times.

raze wrote: »
    I find the PS3 version is pretty good.

One thing that is essential is ensuring you find games with the server browser not the quick search, and look for games on European servers only.

Inasmuch as there's a pattern to the lag I've experienced, it's at its worst when US players are close by (gunner in my chopper for example). I end up sharing their lag - which in a vehicle is immediately noticeable by an increase in turning circle/slower turning, and flares not working unless fired half a second early.

I think there's compensation, so the higher the latency of your connection the greater the priority of your inputs over others.

It's inconsistent, but I choose to believe the problem is other people, not a bogey game engine - because it can work perfectly well at other times.
    It wasn't nearly as bad before the patch,it just pisses me off too much now,I'll leave it until there's another patch out.

I have it set to European servers only since I got the game although I do end up with mostly Americans half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Got the game for xmas for xbox and its says my online pass is already used. Was brand new too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

redman85 wrote: »
    Got the game for xmas for xbox and its says my online pass is already used. Was brand new too :rolleyes:

Take the game back to the shop, maybe?

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    redman85 wrote: »

Take the game back to the shop, maybe?
    Ssssshhhh........he probably got it off Santy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Ssssshhhh........he probably got it off Santy ;)

Santy always arranged to get a receipt, just in case. He is very smart that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Santy always arranged to get a receipt, just in case. He is very smart that way.

Knowing Santy in my house the receipt is long gone. Oh well I'll try the shop and if that fails I'll send a strongly worded email to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

The abilty for snipers to use the mav to get on high buildings is really getting on my t!ts.Its like the new version of c4 jumping from bf2 :mad::mad:

I really hope the change it in the next patch.

Advertisement