Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Servers down for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

game4it70 wrote: »
    The abilty for snipers to use the mav to get on high buildings is really getting on my t!ts.Its like the new version of c4 jumping from bf2 :mad::mad:

I really hope the change it in the next patch.

To be honest I quite enjoy counter sniping them. If they on the overpass on Tehran highway and you are on the team that starts on the Hill it can make for quite the sniping battle. If you get position on them and don't stay too stationary you can pick up alot of kills

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The abilty for snipers to use the mav to get on high buildings is really getting on my t!ts.Its like the new version of c4 jumping from bf2 :mad::mad:

sweet...I never knew that :D

Only problem then is you lose the soflam...and my engineers so love the soflam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ah I've been wondering how the feck they were getting on those buildings! Have yet to unlock that thing, gas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Playing earlier a squad member deliberately killed me, I decided to get him back and then he did the same, He got kicked on the 5th time he killed me(Which is what I knew would happen) then while using a chopper gun another player jumped out through my line of fire.

I got kicked for team killing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Playing earlier a squad member deliberately killed me, I decided to get him back and then he did the same, He got kicked on the 5th time he killed me(Which is what I knew would happen) then while using a chopper gun another player jumped out through my line of fire.

There's always some twat at that.
    I've had a few games where I've been activating the mcom and some dickhead off my team kills me and arms it himself for the extra points. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Heh, there was a lad trying this on Caspian, trying to get to the top of the mast. I showed him though. Fired a Javelin up his arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

Anyone else not able to get into a game? keeps telling me that i lost connection or to check my network connection? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Only got the game a few days ago so my gripes are pretty small: Why do team mates with tac lights/laser sights go and shine them into your damn eyes or does this just happen to me?! And the usual: people not playing objective games properly, just dicking about in tanks/APC's etc and not being any help to anyone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

For some silly reason lights are turned on by default. In daylight it's difficult to see if your light is actually on since it illuminates so poorly from your perspective. Add to this that fact that people are retards and you get blinded by your own team mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Yeah, I don't know who had the bright idea of being able to incapacitate your team-mates with them. It'd be fine if it was limited to hardcore but it's such a pain in the regular modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah was on some infantry only karkand(no rpg, m320, mortar etc) and they kept doing that, so myself and yankinlk switched to support with mortar and the dudes on the roof asked for us to be kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

My main gripe would be 1000 ticket conquest servers with no auto-balance. I like a challenge but when your team starts badly and suddenly it's 24 v 18, I get sad. I don't like to disconnect when I'm losing so this becomes a recipe for some disastrous scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Only got the game a few days ago so my gripes are pretty small: Why do team mates with tac lights/laser sights go and shine them into your damn eyes or does this just happen to me?! And the usual: people not playing objective games properly, just dicking about in tanks/APC's etc and not being any help to anyone.

Playing rush yesterday, enemy armed the last MCOMM. We managed to kill any attackers in the immediate area so I go and sprint to disarm it, to my relief I see one of my comrades at the station, cos I know I won't get there on time. He'll disarm it, any second now, nope he just stands there and lets it explode. WTF? Some people just don't seem to understand the objective part of the game. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Yeah was on some infantry only karkand(no rpg, m320, mortar etc) and they kept doing that, so myself and yankinlk switched to support with mortar and the dudes on the roof asked for us to be kicked.

add to that , getting ban warnings for Javelin spamming ...............I know I know. how can you Javelin spam .

(Infantry only on Craggy for a week would be and Idea.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah I've been wondering how the feck they were getting on those buildings! Have yet to unlock that thing, gas!

I have it unlocked and I still can't do it - I fall off it all the time
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    There's always some twat at that.
    I've had a few games where I've been activating the mcom and some dickhead off my team kills me and arms it himself for the extra points. :mad:

How do they kill you ? Aren't you immune to you own teams weapons/grenades ?
    Ricky91t wrote: »

PLaying yesterday game of rush. Some tool on the team continually crashed the chopper into the sea on take off from the ship. So if you were spawned, saw chopper on the move and spwaned into it, said clown was usually in mid crach and you died. Whether that deliberate or him learning how to fly I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Some people seem to only play so they can fly the jets and choppers. They contribute so little to team play. They are usually the same morons who team kill you if you get the jets/choppers before them are the biggest arseholes. I've been rpg'd by team mates on the run way, C4 detonated after take off....just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Some people seem to only play so they can fly the jets and choppers. They contribute so little to team play. They are usually the same morons who team kill you if you get the jets/choppers before them are the biggest arseholes. I've been rpg'd by team mates on the run way, C4 detonated after take off....just ridiculous.

Bad servers, try to avoid.

I generally stick to the same servers and never encounter this thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

On a kinda related note, I was playing on Gulf last night and some guy was planting C4 on a buggy when I jumped in. I was thinking "ah feck, he is going to detonate it now just for stealing his jeep!"

Anyway I drove off to see an enemy shooting at me, I drove at him and jumped out to kill him when your man detonated the C4 as the buggy trundled towards the enemy killing him!

Was mighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Not so mucha gripe with BF3, more so with people.

Why is it that:

When my team is supposed to be defending, they all run towards the enemy like a pack of retarded gibbons.

When my team is supposed to be attacking, they all sit around the objective spraying bullets at it like they're suddenly afraid of getting shot at?

• Advertisement

Not so mucha gripe with BF3, more so with people.

Why is it that:

When my team is supposed to be defending, they all run towards the enemy like a pack of retarded gibbons.

When my team is supposed to be attacking, they all sit around the objective spraying bullets at it like they're suddenly afraid of getting shot at?

I have encountered this far too often and end up trying to save the day for my team myself... its stressful and anger inducing.

I've made a promise to myself that if I'm ever playing rush I'm going to play with friends rather than random morons.

Found more of this happening now, especially on Karkand. I just mortar the fcuk out of them now. They complain? Too bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I have encountered this far too often and end up trying to save the day for my team myself... its stressful and anger inducing.

I end up having to do it all myself aswell alot, I may die a few times in the process but in the end I ALWAYS come out with a higher score than campers and still have a decent k/d ratio.

Like I dont mind if they're crap, fair enough, just as long as they make an effort and stop being such morons!

also; Ditto to the MAV exploit, pain in the ass. satisfying to headshot them though. even more satisfying to roadkill them with you're own MAV :D

Speaking of not playing the objective,I was playing BC2 last night with randomers.
    The team we were up against almost all had the same clan tag.

We were defending on rush but after a couple of minutes that had positioned themselves around our side of the map in a way that we could only spawn in one spot.
    There was 2 of them standing there waiting to kill us everytime we spawned.

Not once did they bother with the mcoms,what do people get out of ruining games like that??
    Spawn rape is common but this was taking it to a new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Speaking of not playing the objective,I was playing BC2 last night with randomers.
    The team we were up against almost all had the same clan tag.

We were defending on rush but after a couple of minutes that had positioned themselves around our side of the map in a way that we could only spawn in one spot.
    There was 2 of them standing there waiting to kill us everytime we spawned.

Not once did they bother with the mcoms,what do people get out of ruining games like that??
    Spawn rape is common but this was taking it to a new level.
    Name and shame. If it was an established clan the clan heads will usually stamp that ****e out pretty quick. Do you remember the clan tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

If it was on xbox I think I know who you're on about, completely ****e at the game, ****ing excellent at spawn trapping, if you escape they're ****ed though

It was on ps3.I don't remember the clan tag but each player had the same word in their name and the clan tag was an abbreviation of it.

I googled it at the time and it turns out it's a Maori word,they're from New Zealand.
    I found a forum where there was people asking to join their clan and they were talking about spawn raping and all that shite.

Probably shoud have reported them alright but if that's all they do then I'm fairly sure they have been reported already.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

even more satisfying to roadkill them with you're own MAV :D
    I've yet to find out how to roadkill with a MAV: I've tried making the mav go at them, but they never die from it. Is there a certain way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

the_syco wrote: »
    I've yet to find out how to roadkill with a MAV: I've tried making the mav go at them, but they never die from it. Is there a certain way to do it?

You need to build up a bit of speed. Going slow is no good and it's really easy to miss the guy you're trying to hit.

• Advertisement

One thing I'd LOVE to see them patch....

When you're trying to position a tank on an uneven surface and it starts sliding, very annoying and should be easy to fix, if I want to move the tank in any direction I can do it manually, apart from that it should stay still.

Advertisement