Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

One thing I'd LOVE to see them patch....

When you're trying to position a tank on an uneven surface and it starts sliding, very annoying and should be easy to fix, if I want to move the tank in any direction I can do it manually, apart from that it should stay still.

So a handbrake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

An anchor would be better, so you could also shoot noobs with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

What I'd fix with the tanks is the fish tailing when you boost. WTF is that all about anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I feel like a snake for doing this but..

I followed a support guy around for a minute or two while I was engineer. He'd run and plant c4 on the tank, I'd then shoot said c4 and get the double kill. First time I didn't cop what happened so I had to repeat it 4 times to be sure..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

aaronh007 wrote: »
    What I'd fix with the tanks is the fish tailing when you boost. WTF is that all about anyway?

The equivalent of spinning out in a car I assume. Boost is only meant to be used for relatively straight runs or slight cornering.
    Given that you can hold it "indefinitely" it wouldn't really be a boost if there were no side-effects, it'd just be a standard top speed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just be glad there are no snowy maps.

5uspect wrote: »
    Just be glad there are no snowy maps.

**** your honda iva tank outside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

That is class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

What I have encountered the last few days and is really annoying me is when I jump into a tank or chopper with someone who isnt my squad-mate they don't go anywhere, while their squad-mate stands there jumping around obviously trying to get me to leave the vehicle so he can sit in it while the driver or pilot refuses to move.

I just be stubborn and sit there, and I would do it the whole round too just to sicken them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I just be stubborn and sit there, and I would do it the whole round too just to sicken them.

Lol, I'd be the exact same. But at the same time, you can't blame a guy for wanting to fly/drive with his mates, you can generally rely on them more than you can randoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Lol, I'd be the exact same. But at the same time, you can't blame a guy for wanting to fly/drive with his mates, you can generally rely on them more than you can randoms.

True, but It has happened me loads. Even worse, when I am in a tank with a mate and he jumps out to repair and some cheeky fecker hops in and steals his seat I still try and play the game and not sit there in a huff because my friend has to walk!

If they get the seat first no bother!

And you never know,the guy you are in with might be the best pilot out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Is there anyway to get the picture to go full screen?
    Always a space at top and bottom, not a great space but together they add up to about a quarter of the screen.

42" LG LD450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kleefarr wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get the picture to go full screen?
    Always a space at top and bottom, not a great space but together they add up to about a quarter of the screen.

42" LG LD450.
    Go to options on the main menu,then go across to video,open screen adjust and move the arrows to the edges of your screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

So I thought I'd be really smart and lay some C4 around the flag my squad was capturing as a little surprise for the enemy.

Until a tank shell lands at my feet and BOOOOM, wipes us all out.

celebrity-pictures-homer-simpson-facepalm-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

So I thought I'd be really smart and lay some C4 around the flag my squad was capturing as a little surprise for the enemy.

Until a tank shell lands at my feet and BOOOOM, wipes us all out.

I've done something similar but from the other end of the stick.

On a few occasions, I've been about to clear away enemy AT mines when a hostile tank rolls around the corner. So being the evil little git that I am, I time my frag to set off the mines while the enemy tank passes over them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I've done something similar but from the other end of the stick.

On a few occasions, I've been about to clear away enemy AT mines when a hostile tank rolls around the corner. So being the evil little git that I am, I time my frag to set off the mines while the enemy tank passes over them. :pac:

I saw AnCapaillMor trying to be sneaky on a friendly fire server and blow up a wall with C4. A random grenade from someone set off his C4 and killed his entire squad and a few others. I can't remember if he was instanta kicked for that.

I myself missed while firing a rpg at a tank and then saw a line of enemy mines explode like a gunpowder trail leading back to the tank. Disable vehicle, Kill 2 enemy, destroyed vehicle, 2 destroy enemy explosive ribbons, flag defence. Best score from 1 rpg :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

My one gripe is team members jumping in vehicles and speeding off without waiting to offer a lift! I'm sure this was covered before.
    And no quit game or edit classes between games still on ps3!

Great game though, I'm pretty crap at it, but enjoy it more than CoD. Love sniping in squad death match.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    My one gripe is team members jumping in vehicles and speeding off without waiting to offer a lift! I'm sure this was covered before.
    And no quit game or edit classes between games still on ps3!

Great game though, I'm pretty crap at it, but enjoy it more than CoD. Love sniping in squad death match.

Can you not customize when you die?

On PC the sync saves your settings per class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »

You can indeed. Which often leads me to suicide before the rounds starts if I start on a vehicle heavy map with Assault class. What's one death when near useless than to be able to muller many more with an RPG or C4

You can indeed. Which often leads me to suicide before the rounds starts if I start on a vehicle heavy map with Assault class. What's one death when near useless than to be able to muller many more with an RPG or C4

We get saved classes per level too so Seine is Support PKP for me but when Firestorm loads it goes back to Engineer with G36

or last class used.

Btw anyone want a free B2K code? EA gave me 2 to fix my PS3 issue.

Assume they PS3 only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

On PC the sync saves your settings per class.

You can, but in between levels there's nothing to do but watch the 40 second countdown, would be the perfect time to change your kits

You can, but in between levels there's nothing to do but watch the 40 second countdown, would be the perfect time to change your kits

Same for us but you can change it before you spawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Same for us but you can change it before you spawn.
    Yea and while you're changing your loadout,equipping your mines or whatever,everybody else has pissed off in vehicles.
    It's an issue that should have been sorted long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5eanf

I was playing a game of Rush on Kharg island, at the start of the game jet and heli were taken. I spawned on the deck of the carrier. Game starts, jet takes off, heli takes off, jet crashed into heli! both destroyed! FFS!

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Yea and while you're changing your loadout,equipping your mines or whatever,everybody else has pissed off in vehicles.
    It's an issue that should have been sorted long ago.

We have 20 seconds from map loading to game starting. So during the 20 seconds you have plenty of time to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

We have 20 seconds from map loading to game starting. So during the 20 seconds you have plenty of time to change.
    Yeah 20 seconds is loads, too long sometimes.

I remember BC2 Vietnam having no start countdown, so unless the other team were on the ball with the sprint perk I could be half way to the first m-com before anybody else had even spawned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

support people drop fvcking amp when ever you can !!!!!!

:mad:

had that trouble a lot recently people in your squad not helping properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Soflam deployer needs to get far more points when a target is destroyed. Fair enough not as many as the guy chuckin the javelin but still needs more points. When i'm a sniper, there's no incentive for me to deploy a soflam other than if a perticular heli is buggin me.

I'm about 600-900 meters away from any threat anyway. Soflam just gives away my position for a measly 10 points per lock. It's actually in my interest NOT to put one down and get an 800 meter headshot instead which will give me 950 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You know you can deploy the solfam and bugger off across the map, just switch to sniper rifle when someone approaches it.

Totally agree on the points, its a boring bloody task and he points return doesn't help.

• Advertisement

You get points for a target being hit? Think you do as i get them in CITV station. Havent fired a single bullet in Recon so not sure about the soflam.

Advertisement