Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

You know you can deploy the solfam and bugger off across the map, just switch to sniper rifle when someone approaches it.

Totally agree on the points, its a boring bloody task and he points return doesn't help.

I know you can deploy, bugger off, and control remotley. But if you go put a soflam say half way up a mountain (where you have good visability) and then decide to run up the mountain or accross it a fair bit for a good vantage point yourself, the enemy will still see the Soflam and automatically know there's a sniper nearby. That's how I find snipers half the time.

It's basically a bright red laser beacon shouting (and beeping) "HEY EVERYONE, THERE'S A SNIPER HERE SOMEWHERE!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

question: if c4 is placed and the one who placed died from my bullet, can he still detonate that c4 when he respawns on the other side of wake island?

i fecking raged... i ran out of tank and kill support prick placing c4 on my tank, then after few seconds i went airborn and death by c4. kill cam showed him miles away from where i died...

so mines disapear with your death, but c4 not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The dude got you in the air ok thats weird, because the C4 would stay on the tank.

Mines or claymores don't dissapear, same with C4. They only disspear once you place new ones, 6 is the max(with explosive perk) and 2 clays.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The dude got you in the air ok thats weird, because the C4 would stay on the tank.

Mines or claymores don't dissapear, same with C4. They only disspear once you place new ones, 6 is the max(with explosive perk) and 2 clays.

Wait... Did they changed that? I was not playing it for awile.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

question: if c4 is placed and the one who placed died from my bullet, can he still detonate that c4 when he respawns on the other side of wake island?

i fecking raged... i ran out of tank and kill support prick placing c4 on my tank, then after few seconds i went airborn and death by c4. kill cam showed him miles away from where i died...

so mines disapear with your death, but c4 not?

Did the C4 make you airborne? Or you got in a chopper? Seems weird unless it was STUCK TO YOU!!!.... Thens its ****ing epic :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Could it simply have been another support player planting C4 on an aircraft? Unless you were playing US?

Wait... Did they changed that? I was not playing it for awile.

Yeah, claymore's died with you but that's been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Soflam deployer needs to get far more points when a target is destroyed. Fair enough not as many as the guy chuckin the javelin but still needs more points. When i'm a sniper, there's no incentive for me to deploy a soflam other than if a perticular heli is buggin me.

I'm about 600-900 meters away from any threat anyway. Soflam just gives away my position for a measly 10 points per lock. It's actually in my interest NOT to put one down and get an 800 meter headshot instead which will give me 950 points.

I usually deploy the soflam when we're getting slammed by good pilots, find a nice place to sit and use the remote control to turn it around and scan for planes and helis.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I don't think that maps are as good this time round, especially for sniping, other than selected areas, everywhere else is flat and open and uncovered.

The AA tank on that one rush level also dominates the skies and the infantry too hard.

vader65 wrote: »
    I don't think that maps are as good this time round, especially for sniping, other than selected areas, everywhere else is flat and open and uncovered.

The AA tank on that one rush level also dominates the skies and the infantry too hard.

I used to think so too, but there's a few ways you can take it out. (in oreder of preference)
    • Get on top of the big boat shed and use Javelins if engineer.
    • Place soflam on top of big boat shed, Javelins can be launched from carrier if locked on.
    • Littlebird with laser designator + guided missile
    • Blackhawk heli with engineer either side, both with repair tools and with javelins.
    • Get in the AAC (seriously heavy armor), and ram it. The driver will get overwhelmed with people spawning on you, and all one of you then has to do is take advantage of confusuon and put c4 on him.
    • Get in any heli with C4 (and explosive perk) and make a bee-line straight for it, jump out right on top of it with parachute and drop C4 all over it and boom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sniping on karkand is amazing, use ur mav to get to snipe spots.

only gripe i have with the game is joining servers and not even getting a chance to spawn, it just goes to the "your team has lost" screen, and it counts as a lost game for you.

WHAT THE FOOK LIKE! that sh1t needs to be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Team mates playing conquest on operation metro.

Struggling to recapture B coming from A.

STOP GOING IN THE EXACT SAME WAY INTO THE STATION EVERY SINGLE TIME FFS!

There are 3 different entrances, was playing last night and every single person on my team kept trying to use the same route in. Enemy lying in wait every single fúcking time.

RETARDS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

vader65 wrote: »

It's a bit of a joke, especially on consoles as you don't have enough people to send after it and go for the mcoms at the same time.

Saying that, I dominated a game the other day with it, 26-0. Won the game at the first set of mcoms. Took massive damage a few times from C4ing kamikaze pilots but there were a few engineers handy to patch me up.

Another game though I set up a soflam, jumped in the AA and had a team full of guys with Javelins. You should've seen the pilots panic when they got lock on after lock on. It was suicide after suicide :pac:

But, either the AA be set further back on the map so the attackers get an advantage of a few minutes without it or the attackers get an extra little bird, something needs to be done for consoles.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    or the attackers get an extra little bird, something needs to be done for consoles.

Attack heli instead of littlebird in my opinion.

Attack heli instead of littlebird in my opinion.

Good idea tbh

My main gripe at the moment is this

82183999.jpg

Unless I'm playing with lads off boards the above is the usually the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Absolutely sick of the problems with this game.They don't give a shít about ps3.

Can't get in a game at all today,there's **** all servers in the list and any I click on either say server is full (6/24 players when I clicked) or check your network connection(bc2 playing fine).

It's bollox since day 1.
    Input lag,VoIP issues,connection issues.
    It's nothing short of a joke,if it's not working don't ****ing release it.
    If it was almost any other product they would be offering a full refund,game developers get away with murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

How do guys gets points even before the round has started? :)

Playing on XBOX 360 and while the timer is counting down if you check the scoreboard you see a player or two with a score of 20 :P how do they do that? ... sure even if you throw a medkit/ammo to someone else it cant give you a score as no one needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

LighterGuy wrote: »
    How do guys gets points even before the round has started? :)

Playing on XBOX 360 and while the timer is counting down if you check the scoreboard you see a player or two with a score of 20 :P how do they do that? ... sure even if you throw a medkit/ammo to someone else it cant give you a score as no one needs it.
    spawning on a squad mate gives him 10 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Tea_Bag wrote: »

I feel so stupid now :o

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    LighterGuy wrote: »
    I feel so stupid now :o

Lol... don't feel too bad though, I've gotten points for throwing ammo boxes after they've thrown health packs. Think it resupplies them or something :/

• Advertisement

Barely finished a round today.

You have been disconnected(1)
    Game session kick you

bah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

- Still cant see my own ping (which is the only one I care about)
    - SOFLAM designation assist is borked, ye don't get the damage assist points half the time....which doesn't give people an incentive to spend the time spotting things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Barely finished a round today.

You have been disconnected(1)
    Game session kick you

bah :(

Is there any solution to this problem? I got alot of it on Saturday night, really frustrating whe having a great round with alot of high points, medals etc.

If you get kicked but have unlocked medals etc do you still keep them or is it like it never happened? I had some amazing sniper / c4 kills but kept getting kicked, gutted

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is there any solution to this problem? I got alot of it on Saturday night, really frustrating whe having a great round with alot of high points, medals etc.

If you get kicked but have unlocked medals etc do you still keep them or is it like it never happened? I had some amazing sniper / c4 kills but kept getting kicked, gutted

Same here--Keep getting that you have been disconnected from ea online error (1)

This is doing my head in.But I think its a network problem as when it happens I loose my broadband connection completely and have to reboot the pc--strange one.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Same here--Keep getting that you have been disconnected from ea online error (1)

This is doing my head in.But I think its a network problem as when it happens I loose my broadband connection completely and have to reboot the pc--strange one.

Sometimes I will have to restart the broadband as my laptop will lose signal also i noticed, im on Xbox though.

8 times out of 10 however I get the same kicked message, but Im still in the party chat with my mates, so I dont understand this one.

Reading peoples gripes about being kicked by others for doing well etc, do you know when you have been kicked by peopl eon the server on Xbox, or is this specific to the PC only?

I have only ever seen the same error message as your post above.

Are you playing wired or wireless? I'm using a powerline adapter and I've no issues apart from being kicked from a server for using a USAS12 even tho the admins said it wasn't an issue...

5uspect wrote: »
    Are you playing wired or wireless? I'm using a powerline adapter and I've no issues apart from being kicked from a server for using a USAS12 even tho the admins said it wasn't an issue...

I was wireless, but few weeks ago went to wired, but now and again il have a day of being kicked for no reason other than cannot connect to EA servers.

Is this an admin kicking me for something? Its when im usually having a great game too ive noticed, but not sure if its possible on Xbox to kick players like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PS3 servers are seriously messed up. Takes ages to get into a game, and also randomly being kicked from games. Been like this for the past couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Is it just me or has everyone taken to base raping on PS3 lately? The last twenty times I've gotten a seat in an attack helicopter, I've been allowed to take off with 100% health exactly once. And that was only because the other team's chopper was busy ****ing up our jets on the runway. :mad:

Spent the last round I played on Oman confined to the aircraft carrier. We couldn't defend/retake positions on the map because regardless of whether we went by jet, chopper or boat the whole team couldn't get more than 30ft from the spawn.

On another note, has anyone any tips on using flares in choppers? When I fire heatseekers at other choppers, they pop flares and fly off no problem. When I pop flares, there's the audio indicator that they've fired off and then bang!, I'm hurtling towards the ground in a heap of burning metal.

I'm waiting for the rapid beeping that warns you the missiles are airborne but it has no effect whatsoever.

• Advertisement

You get medals, unlocks etc but dont get the kills or points from round end.

Advertisement