Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You get medals, unlocks etc but dont get the kills or points from round end.

Thats sh*te isnt it! At least the 10K XP medals i keep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Soflam + javelin is fúcking retarded. Why put something in the game with zero counterplay??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seifer wrote: »
    Soflam + javelin is fúcking retarded. Why put something in the game with zero counterplay??

Choppers can see the Soflam and tanks can reverse really fast.

You'd be doing very well to see the soflam as you take off from the carrier in Noshahr Canals rush cause you've only got about 5 seconds before your dead.

It's insane. The counter to air from the ground is the anti-air launcher not the anti-ground launcher that one shots littlebirds. They really ****ed up their rock paper scissors dynamic with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

IR smoke interrupts the SOFLAM tracking. If it's already locked on pop smoke and move your arse since the incoming missile will just fall at your last known location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Use ECM.

5uspect wrote: »
    IR smoke interrupts the SOFLAM tracking. If it's already locked on pop smoke and move your arse since the incoming missile will just fall at your last known location.
    If you waste your flares breaking every track signal then you'll just get shot down by standard anti-air. And there is no way to tell a javelin missile is in the air.
    Jonny7 wrote: »
    Use ECM.
    And get crapped on by standard anti-air.

I don't think you guys get the point of a bitching and moaning thread.

If you waste your flares breaking every track signal then you'll just get shot down by standard anti-air. And there is no way to tell a javelin missile is in the air.

And get crapped on by standard anti-air.

I don't think you guys get the point of a bitching and moaning thread.

Did I say flares? IR smoke on tanks.

Did I say flares? IR smoke on tanks.
    What relevance does the soflam have to land vehicles besides a slight damage boost? The javelin can lock onto them anyway.

It increases the range also.

• Advertisement

It increases the range also.
    Cool story. Well I'm bitching and moaning about the soflam + javelin being able to one shot a little-bird with zero counterplay. I'm not looking for a solution because there is none. Bring on the next patch where they hopefully fix this cheese way of taking out aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Aircraft is overpowered anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What relevance does the soflam have to land vehicles besides a slight damage boost? The javelin can lock onto them anyway.

also makes lockon quicker, and they dont have to be in direct line of sight, they could be behind a building your looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Is it just me or has everyone taken to base raping on PS3 lately? The last twenty times I've gotten a seat in an attack helicopter, I've been allowed to take off with 100% health exactly once. And that was only because the other team's chopper was busy ****ing up our jets on the runway. :mad:

This. I want either invulnerability on the runway, or ricochet damage to apply to shots fired to air support on take-off.

Before I started flying jets I thought they were useless, because I only ever saw them being used for spawnkilling.

Now I know they're seriously OP for taking out tanks I'm doubly annoyed that idiots only want to spawnkill and not play the objective.
    Zomg Okay wrote: »
    On another note, has anyone any tips on using flares in choppers? When I fire heatseekers at other choppers, they pop flares and fly off no problem. When I pop flares, there's the audio indicator that they've fired off and then bang!, I'm hurtling towards the ground in a heap of burning metal.

I'm waiting for the rapid beeping that warns you the missiles are airborne but it has no effect whatsoever.

You're doing it right. The game just hates you. Personally, I'm convinced without evidence that it's caused by Americans playing on European servers. I fully believe that my flares (and my turning circle) are affected by my gunner's lag. Why else would their effectiveness take a half second to kick in?

And while I'm bitching - Havoc needs to be the same as the Viper, it's stupid that Russian choppers are inferior by design, and the Frogfoot cannon needs a nerf. I can kill a tank in one attack run in that thing with rocket pods & main gun. It should require two passes at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

raze wrote: »
    And while I'm bitching - Havoc needs to be the same as the Viper, it's stupid that Russian choppers are inferior by design, and the Frogfoot cannon needs a nerf. I can kill a tank in one attack run in that thing with rocket pods & main gun. It should require two passes at least.

not disagreeing in any way, but im interested to know how the russian choppers are inferior?

russian chopper is a pig to maneuver

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jonny7 wrote: »
    russian chopper is a pig to maneuver

Exactly. Viper is quick and nimble, Havoc is bulky and barge like

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I might be wrong on this, but despite being a dog to maneuver, the Havoc doesn't appear to have been given any advantages over the Viper. Better weapons / armour etc. Maybe it is a bit tougher but I haven't noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

LeighH wrote: »
    I might be wrong on this, but despite being a dog to maneuver, the Havoc doesn't appear to have been given any advantages over the Viper. Better weapons / armour etc. Maybe it is a bit tougher but I haven't noticed.

I think, so don't quote me on this, the weapons are slightly better. Splash damage wise anyway. It does however take longer to fire a full payload in comparison to the Viper.

The gunner in the Viper has a greater range of view as well. Can almost turn right around whereas the Havoc, the gunners range is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

I read somewhere that the Russian chopper has a 6% armour advantage.. dont know how true it is but since you guys were talking about it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If true, that's a fairly rubbish trade. I'll take agility all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In BF2 it was given the best weapon in the game to compensate for its lack of mobility.

With laser pointer and guided missile unlocked the littlebird can turn into a very lean mean chopper killing... thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Spawned in a helicopter at the start of Firestorm last night. Pilot takes off, flies a little bit then dives straight at the ground killing me. Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Spawned in a helicopter at the start of Firestorm last night. Pilot takes off, flies a little bit then dives straight at the ground killing me. Twat.

I find it worse again when you get the gunner spot, and the pilot won't take off because he wants someone else there. I was there first :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Thats when you play the waiting game

get up turn on kettle
    reach for finest jar of Nescafe Alta Rica
    Boil Kettle and make coffee
    Then sitdown and you should now be midair enjoying flight 101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

So just got the Gunslinger trophy on PS3. I don't know how they justified making it a Bronze Trophy; you have to beat all the Assignments and then get 10 kills with each unlocked weapon. Not an overly difficult task but certainly it takes long enough to justify a Silver Trophy.

It's also glitched so that when you've gotten all the kills, you need to go off and get an additional 10 FAMAS kills in one match to seal the deal.

Cloud bollix is a load of ****e, got my main pc back and all my settings gone.

had to rekit everything, and now i dont get the cloud thing at all :confused:

For the TIggers D22 should be online in a few days, found out what he did and how he TK`d my pc :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Half rant and half question: Damn the flares on aircraft I'm trying to shot down! And on the flare topic, do aircraft have an unlimited amount of flares or what? Other night I was trying to bring down a plane and each time I locked on and fired the flares would come out!

• Advertisement

Half rant and half question: Damn the flares on aircraft I'm trying to shot down! And on the flare topic, do aircraft have an unlimited amount of flares or what? Other night I was trying to bring down a plane and each time I locked on and fired the flares would come out!

Yup infinite amount but about 5 seconds between reload.

If your taking out a plane get another lad beside you and coordinate your firing, one fires for flares other for the plane.

if in the AA you dont need the heatseekers.

Advertisement