Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

bought this game today for the 2nd time (said I'd give it another go)
    Started off with a bit of tdm just to get used to the guns and stuff.
    It's just game after game of instakills. Pumping tons of bullets into people only for them to turn and drop me instantly. If I'm moving about.....I will drop instantly.....no sign of me being hit at all :confused: It's like I'm playing harcore, but I'm not.
    I'm losing every single 1v1. I'm using the eng class, even the lmg's are betting me at close range.

I don't remember it being like this the first time I bought it :confused:
    I'm playing on xbox upc 25mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yup infinite amount but about 5 seconds between reload.

If your taking out a plane get another lad beside you and coordinate your firing, one fires for flares other for the plane.

if in the AA you dont need the heatseekers.

Thought it was about 15 seconds, feels like an hour when I'm in the plane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

bought this game today for the 2nd time (said I'd give it another go)
    Started off with a bit of tdm just to get used to the guns and stuff.
    It's just game after game of instakills.

i felt the same at first, had way more deaths than kills, but kept at it till i found out a setup i like for each class, now i have more kills than deaths and love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

My biggest bitch with the game at the moment is cheaters / glitchers on the Pc version. Most servers kick em quickly others you're not so lucky and it ruins the game:( .
    my second would be the nerfed stinger / aircraft flare . wait forever to get lock..fire....flare......reload....lock.....fire.......flare...reload :pac:
    also: chopper +2x gunners+ 2x engineers with repair tools = invincible flying fortress of death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

vex wrote: »
    My biggest bitch with the game at the moment is cheaters / glitchers on the Pc version. Most servers kick em quickly others you're not so lucky and it ruins the game:( .
    my second would be the nerfed stinger / aircraft flare . wait forever to get lock..fire....flare......reload....lock.....fire.......flare...reload :pac:
    also: chopper +2x gunners+ 2x engineers with repair tools = invincible flying fortress of death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put down the stingers and rake it with machine gun fire. The chopper may live but they won't.

Also, any 5 people working together well on a public server are basically invincible :P

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i felt the same at first, had way more deaths than kills, but kept at it till i found out a setup i like for each class, now i have more kills than deaths and love it!

you mean that's the norm? ffs how would you get any enjoyment out of the game if you drop instantly :confused: What is hardcore mode like? lol

how do you mute someone in the lobby? toggle mute does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

you mean that's the norm? ffs how would you get any enjoyment out of the game if you drop instantly :confused: What is hardcore mode like? lol

how do you mute someone in the lobby? toggle mute does nothing.

Try go into Infantry servers to get used to the game. A lot of Xbox servers are ruined with a high proportion of players connecting from the US to European servers. The lag compensation means that they get a major advantage - instakills against lower pings because you're hit before the bullets reach you. Bogey netcode, especially bad on frantic maps (Métro CQ for example, or any map with a jet).

However, the infantry servers don't have vehicles other than jeeps and transport choppers so they have very low populations - you'll be lucky to find more than one you can join at any given time.

Alternatively, you could become part of the problem and join US servers and laugh at players who can't hit you quick enough because you've killed them but they don't know it yet.

I don't think Hardcore has lower health, but there's no health regeneration, so med-packs are needed. You can end up with very low health, and see things in black and white for a very long time.

As for lobby muting - don't think it can be done. When you go into the Squad menu in a game there's an option to turn off VOIP, that might stop chat on the scoreboard too.

raze wrote: »
    Try go into Infantry servers to get used to the game. A lot of Xbox servers are ruined with a high proportion of players connecting from the US to European servers. The lag compensation means that they get a major advantage - instakills against lower pings because you're hit before the bullets reach you. Bogey netcode, especially bad on frantic maps (Métro CQ for example, or any map with a jet).

However, the infantry servers don't have vehicles other than jeeps and transport choppers so they have very low populations - you'll be lucky to find more than one you can join at any given time.

Alternatively, you could become part of the problem and join US servers and laugh at players who can't hit you quick enough because you've killed them but they don't know it yet.

I don't think Hardcore has lower health, but there's no health regeneration, so med-packs are needed. You can end up with very low health, and see things in black and white for a very long time.

As for lobby muting - don't think it can be done. When you go into the Squad menu in a game there's an option to turn off VOIP, that might stop chat on the scoreboard too.

thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    I had the game when it first came out and I really don't remember it being like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thought it was about 15 seconds, feels like an hour when I'm in the plane :pac:

It's 10 seconds. And try use a Soflam / Javelin instead to bring them down.
    1 hit by a Stinger wont kill them anyways, they will just fly outside the map boundary and regen their health.
    Leave jets to other jets or soflams.

Try focus on choppers instead I'd say, or get a javelin and do in everything (tanks, jeeps, jets, choppers, mortars, mavs etc etc.. ) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

vex wrote: »

How much of an issue is the cheaters on the PC, just outta interest? I hear it is real bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's really not that bad. I'd say about once a week I come across a blatant cheater who ruins the game. But it's simple enough to just change server.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, it doesnt affect games much.
    Also, with the PC it's easier to communicate facts to squad/team/all via typing up a message.
    You can ask for an admin, assuming there is one on the server etc.

Also, with the limit being up to 64, it's not really noticeable if you're driving round in a tank or vehicle.

And as above, its easy enough to find another server

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Only came across it twice and both times the guy was kicked pretty quick, so its not that bad. You'll hear waay about the bad things on something than the good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sick and tired of running to a fallen body to try and revive him but his body disappears. Would love it if they implemented something like this

FboQz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

the hackers aren't really a problem.

Once you find a decently admined server just favorite it... soon enough you'll only be playing on favorites

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Conclusive proof that beer in Bf3 causes 2 things to happen.

1. You become a killing machine murdering everyone with ease.
    2. You then turn to complete **** and try to throw bullets at the other guy.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/bf3beer.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Quite simply, nerf the ****ing USAS with explosive shells!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've found the frag rounds kinda useless, I emptied extended mags into bunches of guys without a kill whereas buckshot would wipe them mostly out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

They are useless now. They were class before the patch. It's easy to counter lads using it. Stay back, flank them, dont play on metro, c4 etc..

ktulu123 wrote: »
    They are useless now. They were class before the patch. It's easy to counter lads using it. Stay back, flank them, dont play on metro, c4 etc..

Joys of consoles and mainly being a Rush player.

Metro it's(USAS) a pain plain and simple. But when looking to defuse an M-Com in general and people are defending in a enclosed space that is were I find it really annoying.

That aside, the game is grand is for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Ive been having problems getting onto servers PS3..

I hit find game and the joining server box comes up (normally only appears for split second and then joins a game) but it tends to stay up for bout 20seconds and then a message pops up saying check your internet connection etc.. But I'm all hooked up to the internet land!

Even picking a specific server.. wont let me join!

Anyone else have this problem.. I generally have to quit the game and restart it and hope it works..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

hypermuse wrote: »

I hit find game and the joining server box comes up (normally only appears for split second and then joins a game) but it tends to stay up for bout 20seconds and then a message pops up saying check your internet connection etc.. But I'm all hooked up to the internet land!

Anyone else have this problem.. I generally have to quit the game and restart it and hope it works..

I have that problem with Quick Match but not Server Browser. Bloody annoying though, as I can only ever find servers that are full or don't have enough room for both me and my mate.

hypermuse wrote: »

It's been like that since Xmas apparently mate. Most part myself and the other lads do find a game but at times we do have to wait around for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Like I was saying last night, I can't connect to EA servers, even those in the UK. Rarely I can but I just stick to the official DICE servers nowadays. Near guaranteed to connect

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Like I was saying last night, I can't connect to EA servers, even those in the UK. Rarely I can but I just stick to the official DICE servers nowadays. Near guaranteed to connect
    Same here, I get the "could not connect" 90% of the time on non DICE servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got my 20 320 kills, felt dirty after it :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got my 20 320 kills, felt dirty after it :(

I know how you feel. :P And don't get me started on the 50 RPG kills...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I know how you feel. :P And don't get me started on the 50 RPG kills...

They dropped the ball on the assignments somewhat. I think they're a good idea, just could have been better. Asking for rocket spam just encourages use as anti-infantry.

I wish they'd set one for getting revives in M320 smoke screens - lots of players are unaware how much useful fun can be had with those.

Also, even if there was no XP for it, it'd be nice if an assignment gave engineers a reason to pick up mines/C4, or snipers a reason to shoot them. So many engies waste grenades instead of just picking up explosives.

Definitely think they could have taught people new play styles via class challenges.

raze wrote: »
    They dropped the ball on the assignments somewhat. I think they're a good idea, just could have been better. Asking for rocket spam just encourages use as anti-infantry.

I wish they'd set one for getting revives in M320 smoke screens - lots of players are unaware how much useful fun can be had with those.

Also, even if there was no XP for it, it'd be nice if an assignment gave engineers a reason to pick up mines/C4, or snipers a reason to shoot them. So many engies waste grenades instead of just picking up explosives.

Definitely think they could have taught people new play styles via class challenges.

Agreed. The Assignments were a bit useful as a sort of mini-tutorial, certainly I've noticed more people being spotted, etc. since the B2K release. But the game really needed a physical tutorial (guaranteed to be one of the best sellers of all time; and they're too cheap to even print a manual :rolleyes:) for explaining things like spotting and dropping first aid/ammo packs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

TBH that's what the SP should have been, not the shooting gallery snorefest it turned into.

Advertisement