Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just got this:
    190265.png
    for simply saying that the server had got a bit 'laggy'. What a tool.

The server had ridiculous amounts of rules too, auto-killing snipers on certain maps, no explosives, no vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

5uspect wrote: »
    Just got this:
    190265.png
    for simply saying that the server had got a bit 'laggy'. What a tool.

The server had ridiculous amounts of rules too, auto-killing snipers on certain maps, no explosives, no vehicles.

I joined that when i seen you on it, Metro without rockets and m320s is different!

Strange server.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I joined that when i seen you on it, Metro without rockets and m320s is different!

Strange server.

Once people start pulling out the USAS/Saiga with frag rounds (or simply semi-coordinated hand grenade volleys), it all comes flooding back... :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've seen plenty of servers where M320/RPG/USAS are not allowed on metro, but this one has different rules for different maps.

Robby91 wrote: »
    Once people start pulling out the USAS/Saiga with frag rounds (or simply semi-coordinated hand grenade volleys), it all comes flooding back... :P

Didnt matter you could get down the stairs at the chokepoints easily. And it was 64 man server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I'm playing on the xbox 360 and one thing that annoys me is that stinger missiles are generally useless.

Flares are easy to unlock and everyone has them equipped. Not to mention stealth and any decent player immediately goes to destroy a Soflam.

So it can be next to impossible to destroy a helicopter.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I'm playing on the xbox 360 and one thing that annoys me is that stinger missiles are generally useless.

Flares are easy to unlock and everyone has them equipped. Not to mention stealth and any decent player immediately goes to destroy a Soflam.

So it can be next to impossible to destroy a helicopter.

Guided shell.

as i like to say "dodge this mother****er"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Just unlocked the USAS. it begins ...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Just unlocked the USAS. it begins ...

:pac:

Pathetic gun which has helped to ruin the game. My quit ratio is nearly 30% because if I am against a team USAS spas I simply quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

USAS is deadly up close particularly in metro but you might as well be throwing wet paper if there's any distance between you and you're target. It was absolutely deadly about 2 patches ago, frag rounds especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

USAS is deadly up close particularly in metro but you might as well be throwing wet paper if there's any distance between you and you're target. It was absolutely deadly about 2 patches ago, frag rounds especially.
    Yea but if you're on console it's still absolutely deadly.
    It's never been patched on ps3 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

On the ps3, the server browser is really annoying. Well, just the way you can filter maps, but there's no single map only servers.
    For instance, if you want to play Caspian Border. Great, click caspian border in your filter. But that game is going to be over soon, and it's some random map afterwards!
    I seem to remember in Bad Company 2 being able to play the same map over and over.

Here's what happens to me: Click Baspian Border hoping to join a game early, get into a game, find out it's over in about 10 seconds, game ends, have to wait for the menu to load, wait for the 40 seconds between games to pass (can't quit), wait for new game to load and it's Operation Metro - which I hate - quit game, wait for main menu to load. Repeat. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Paparazzo wrote: »
    it's over in about 10 seconds

I don't even get that, I select a certain map on a server and it loads a game halfway through a different map. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I don't even get that, I select a certain map on a server and it loads a game halfway through a different map. :rolleyes:

Are you sure you are refreshing your server list!?

LeighH wrote: »
    Are you sure you are refreshing your server list!?

Yeah, last time I refreshed it I still got a half over game that was definitely a different map to the one on display in the list.

Although, it is possible I accidentally clicked the one under it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Althalu5

The most useless class? Recon. Without a doubt. The maps are just not designed to use recon unless you spend a hell of a lot of time jumping out of a chopper and parachuting onto an otherwise unreachable roof or tower to set up a spawn beacon >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Althalu5 wrote: »
    The most useless class? Recon. Without a doubt. The maps are just not designed to use recon unless you spend a hell of a lot of time jumping out of a chopper and parachuting onto an otherwise unreachable roof or tower to set up a spawn beacon >:(

There needs to be a better incentive along with the SOFLAM and the MAV I feel. They are great tools but I hardly use them when the reward is so poor.

A sniper in real life does not just shoot, their skill set is much broader! The clue is in the class name!!

Recon is the most fun class to play on some maps. For instance, on gulf of oman, you can spend an entire game picking people off from the top levels of that unfinished skyscraper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's hard to see the benefits of Recon when you're playing an objective based game. It's massively frustrating when you're on the losing side of a close game of conquest with a **** K/D but 6000 points to your name and some lad has 12-1 but 1600 points in total. One more guy helping to capture those flags may have made the difference. Can't help but feel that some of these guys should play TDM instead.

If they place a soflam up there it can be a game changer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Althalu5

Recon is the most fun class to play on some maps. For instance, on gulf of oman, you can spend an entire game picking people off from the top levels of that unfinished skyscraper.

Im not denying that if you can find a sweet spot the recon class can be fun, but outside of one or two maps there are very few places that afford you a big enough view of the map to stop you from getting bored ;)

Im not denying that if you can find a sweet spot the recon class can be fun, but outside of one or two maps there are very few places that afford you a big enough view of the map to stop you from getting bored ;)

That's where the mav comes in ;)

Making it so that you can put the MAV / T-UGS in the Radio Beacon slot instead would go a long way toward fixing it.

The motion sensors and AS VAL in BC2 made it a fantastic class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

absolute no skill dipshit stole the helicopter on Kharg from me and my mate while we were switching seats. What does he do?! He goes with me as gunner to the enemey runway and lands behind their planes spawnpoint. Just spawn rapes the plane every 30 seconds getting his kill.

at first I refused to shoot, but figured the best thing I could do to annoy him is get the kill before him.

Am I out of line sending him multiple messages like "retard" "no skill shithead" "noob" "spawnraping asshole" ....etc... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

absolute no skill dipshit stole the helicopter on Kharg from me and my mate while we were switching seats. What does he do?! He goes with me as gunner to the enemey runway and lands behind their planes spawnpoint. Just spawn rapes the plane every 30 seconds getting his kill.

at first I refused to shoot, but figured the best thing I could do to annoy him is get the kill before him.

Am I out of line sending him multiple messages like "retard" "no skill shithead" "noob" "spawnraping asshole" ....etc... ?

No you not spawn raping really annoys the **** out of me

Nope. I had a great argument the other day actually, with some eejit who crashed us into the ground tail-first trying to spawn rape choppers on Sharqi.

His arguments were so idiotic I stopped taking them seriously after about thirty seconds. One message informed me that what could only be described as a failed, all-out attack on the enemies spawn was a "defensive maneuvre". Another informed me that I was an idiot because by my logic I'd be happy to let a Taliban soldier take off before shooting him down in real life.

That last argument had me in stitches, it was so stupid. I replied with this:

"This would not be a problem in real life as the Taliban don't have helicopters."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Spawnrapers are scum.
    I know it's an online game, but you need to have some form of integrity and fair play to maintain.
    I will purposefully move back from a spawn/base if it's the last place the enemy have. And will never strafe the airfield, unless some fella is constantly doing it to my team.
    That's where the mav comes in ;)

Coming in a close 2nd to spawnrapers are glitchers
    Me and my clanmates left the IBF2 server yesterday because apparently "anything goes" , incl MAVING, and we are just not up for cheating/glitching in any form.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Me and my clanmates left the IBF2 server yesterday because apparently "anything goes" , incl MAVING, and we are just not up for cheating/glitching in any form.

In fairness, it's easy to counter. Getting spawntrapped in poxy, you can't do anything. If someone is on a roof just sniper them or mortar them. My longest sniper spots were people that maved to the top of buildings cos you can see them from everywhere. I definitely wouldn't leave a game over it. Sure you can just get a plane or heli and parachute out of it to reach the same rooftops.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Yeah that's why i stay away from IBF at the moment, i was on there sunday with you and it was on tehran highway, there was a few up on the bypass so i went sniper to get them, i couldn't hit them it was like there was an invisible wall. It's time like that i miss the rocket pods from 2142 and being able to airburst them just over the roof. was great for clearing out roof campers.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd rather snipers be able to use the MAV to get to high places. Otherwise they would be constantly stealing and bailing out of aircraft to get there.

Advertisement