Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That only really comes into effect in caspian and oman, but at least you've airpower there to take them out. In tehran you can only mortar from certain places as the bypass is too high, and going mortar in that case is a death sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Paparazzo wrote: »
    wait for the 40 seconds between games to pass (can't quit)
    Alt+Enter and press the "X" button.

=-=

I find the way the mortar fires is not bad versus snipers on buildings, and once I find their location, I can usually kill them off, but due to the height of the buildings, I find it hard to hide from them, and their teammates on the ground, before I wipe them out. I miss the BFV way of calling in the mortars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Ibf2 is not an "anything goes" server. We are just trying the hands-off approach to admining as too many rules just don't work and leads to inconsistent decisions by admins. Our main rule is that abuse of any tactic that empties the server will be dealt with so baserape or cheaters are the only thing that admins will act on for now.
    I didn't know that roofcampers couldn't be mortared on Tehran (1st time it happened was that night)so I'm going to have to make a rule against that on that map. Well also be putting up a message about how to deal with roofcampers (mortars) in karkand and if that doesn't work then we'll think about banning it. This is battlefield so you have many tools to deal with different problems. I don't see anyone complaining because they need to switch to engineer to deal with a tank. Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Jumbo i was playing that night and it was ibf2 members doing all the maving wasnt just one or two was half the other team, got to the stage where it was becoming base raping as we couldnt kill the people on the highway. and they had the flags covered from on top the highway and where shooting into our spawn. Looked like alot of people left over it.

Personally i dnt care about maving or base raping its your teams own fault in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In fairness, it's easy to counter. Getting spawntrapped in poxy, you can't do anything. If someone is on a roof just sniper them or mortar them. My longest sniper spots were people that maved to the top of buildings cos you can see them from everywhere. I definitely wouldn't leave a game over it. Sure you can just get a plane or heli and parachute out of it to reach the same rooftops.

But why should people who play the game without glitching, have to change kits and target people who shouldn't be up there in the first place ?
    If there was a helicopter on the map, then fair enough, you can be dropped off on top of any building, and I'll accept that, but not going up on a magic carpet
    Maps like Karkand, Seine etc don't have Helis, either do most rush maps.

If someone is using aimbot - just get in a tank - he can't shoot you in there. It literally makes no sense.
    You shouldn't be glitching, period.

Obviously people are people and it's online and they will do what they want.

But for me and a lot of others there is a moral side, and a sense of fun and fairness , and people who cheat, baserape or glitch, ruin the game for a lot of people.

• Advertisement

Jumbo i was playing that night and it was ibf2 members doing all the maving wasnt just one or two was half the other team, got to the stage where it was becoming base raping as we couldnt kill the people on the highway. and they had the flags covered from on top the highway and where shooting into our spawn. Looked like alot of people left over it.

Personally i dnt care about maving or base raping its your teams own fault in my opinion.

Thanks for letting me know. Shooting into the spawn is inexcusable so I'll have to have a word with the lads and as I've said, we'll have to ban it from Tehran since they cant be mortared. Anytime the lads are up on the roof I always ask if they are shooting into the spawn or not, it's a bit dissapointing for me if they were still doing it. I'm not a fan of the roofcamping myself but I dont mind other people doing it. Dice have said that they will address it soon (whatever that means)

I also agree about the baserape just being the symptom of poor team balance (which our server does try to fix itself) but it is the one surefire way to empty a server so we will tell people to move back from the enemy base or kick them if it is getting out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Thanks for letting me know. Shooting into the spawn is inexcusable so I'll have to have a word with the lads and as I've said, we'll have to ban it from Tehran since they cant be mortared. Anytime the lads are up on the roof I always ask if they are shooting into the spawn or not, it's a bit dissapointing for me if they were still doing it. I'm not a fan of the roofcamping myself but I dont mind other people doing it. Dice have said that they will address it soon (whatever that means)

I also agree about the baserape just being the symptom of poor team balance (which our server does try to fix itself) but it is the one surefire way to empty a server so we will tell people to move back from the enemy base or kick them if it is getting out of hand.

I tried the IBF2 server a few times, too much of that MAVing going on.. mostly IBF2 guys.. I understand its a novelty.. but to do it every time on karkand, etc, seems a bit silly that's all

I missed you reply:
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    If someone is using aimbot - just get in a tank - he can't shoot you in there. It literally makes no sense.
    Aimbots go outside the rules laid out by Dice so think of a better argument mate
    That's what it boils down to, you think it's glitching but we dont and Dice have not stepped in with an answer yet. It's a pointless way to argue your case because nothing will be achieved by it. Mickfitz and others have made valid points against our argument, perhaps you should follow their lead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

But why should people who play the game without glitching, have to change kits and target people who shouldn't be up there in the first place ?
    If there was a helicopter on the map, then fair enough, you can be dropped off on top of any building, and I'll accept that, but not going up on a magic carpet
    Maps like Karkand, Seine etc don't have Helis, either do most rush maps.

Obviously people are people and it's online and they will do what they want.

But for me and a lot of others there is a moral side, and a sense of fun and fairness , and people who cheat, baserape or glitch, ruin the game for a lot of people.

As jumbobreakfast said, aimbot is not comparing like with like. A hack v a glitch. And a glitch dice know about. It's not a tactic that will win a game for a team, but it makes the recon class more fun.
    Be honest, does a sniper on a roof really ruin a game for you? and would you leave a game because of it?
    I always play recon, and skip levels I hate. This gives me a few more levels I can play.

In the early days you could glitch under the map and see/shoot people through the map....so is it therefore acceptable to do so ?

1 sniper doesn't ruin the game for me at all no.

People who are willing to abuse flaws / glitches within the game do, to me and many others it would border or cheating.
    That's what it boils down to, you think it's glitching but we dont and Dice have not stepped in with an answer yet. It's a pointless way to argue your case because nothing will be achieved by it. Mickfitz and others have made valid points against our argument, perhaps you should follow their lead

I think you and the few people here who actually do it would be the only ones who don't consider it glitching, as maybe it makes it more acceptable morally for you all to play that way ,as if you're not doing anything wrong
    [because DICE have not stepped in with an answer yet]
    They took 2-3 years and about 20 patches to get BF2 right

Anyways, it's apparently meant to be fixed within the next patch, I wonder why they would fix it if nothing was wrong with it ?

http://mp1st.com/2012/01/26/battlefield-3-mav-exploit-to-to-be-patched-missing-b2k-vehicles/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Althalu5 wrote: »
    The most useless class? Recon. Without a doubt. The maps are just not designed to use recon unless you spend a hell of a lot of time jumping out of a chopper and parachuting onto an otherwise unreachable roof or tower to set up a spawn beacon >:(
    Althalu5 wrote: »
    Im not denying that if you can find a sweet spot the recon class can be fun, but outside of one or two maps there are very few places that afford you a big enough view of the map to stop you from getting bored ;)

You're doing it wrong.
    Reckon my favourite class and I dont' even know how to MAV

I didn't know that roofcampers couldn't be mortared on Tehran (1st time it happened was that night)so I'm going to have to make a rule against that on that map.

Eh yes they can. Pretty sure I remember doing it anyhow from the second rush base on the hill just before you hit the town proper.
    I don't see the problem to be honest. Cannon fodder.
    That or counter sniping them

Anyways, it's apparently meant to be fixed within the next patch, I wonder why they would fix it if nothing was wrong with it ?
    http://mp1st.com/2012/01/26/battlefield-3-mav-exploit-to-to-be-patched-missing-b2k-vehicles/
    Good, as I've said before I'm not a fan of doing it myself but Dice are the ones who have the final say on it. This will make my job easier too as from what Mick and others were saying, there was an actual gameplay problem with it on Tehran.

Perhaps one day the mighty jebus himself will reveal if they were cheating or not :)

Till then, keep the feedback coming and we might even get a a half decent server going between all the arguments!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

i use the MAV when i'm in my recon class and personally i see it as an exploit rather than a glitch.

a glitch to me is the coding/programming not working properly. like the care package glitch from mw2(i couldnt think of a bf3 glitch off the top of my head). whereas an exploit is using fully functioning game mechanics in a way that was not intended by the developers to a players advantage. ie mav riding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm not too fussed about this MAVing to roof craic. I was on Tehran on the IBF2 server and that's the first and really only time it has annoyed me. I think DICE should come to an agreement with everyone. They can leave the MAV as it is so people snipe in high places BUT they have to allow C4 to be stuck on it so I can deliver bombs from above :D

My moaning & bitching: Rush! Everything about it. It was class in BC2 and it's bollocks in this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

ktulu123 wrote: »
    My moaning & bitching: Rush! Everything about it. It was class in BC2 and it's bollocks in this

Why do you say that?

I have had some great games of rush, especially on Kharg with some great last ditch defending. I will say you really need to play with a good squad though.

One thing I hate and it has been well publicised is the havoc, such a piece of crap compared to the viper. I consider myself a half decent pilot in the viper and can last a round in it on some maps, the havoc I would be lucky to last a few minutes due to me trying to turn the thing and it losing altitude and crashing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Explained in a very definite manner to both Little Bird pilots on Canals that heatseekers have nothing on the chaingun. I didn't even destroy the choppers, I just cut the pilots to ribbons through the cockpit window. Then I destroyed the choppers. :D

They were obviously butthurt though. Guided tank shell got me and I spent the next five minutes capping flags. Died, spawned back into the Z11W and the same two pilots I'd embarrassed were cowering behind the ****ing thing with their new knowledge on the chaingun's stopping power. :mad:

For the small choppers, Laser Painter + Guided are win :D

For the small choppers, Laser Painter + Guided are win :D

That's what I'm trying to unlock. It's difficult enough when you're not allowed to take off though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    That's what I'm trying to unlock. It's difficult enough when you're not allowed to take off though. :rolleyes:

you know, there's a very simple solution to dealing with spawn rapers like that...

Step 1. Spawn in Heli
    Step 2. Get out immediatly
    Step 3. Shoot pilot in head
    Step 4. PROFIT!!! (i.e, steal his helicopter)

okay, granted, easier said than done, but I managed to do it so it's possible! I felt like such a ninja.... and our team then had two heli's while theirs had none. it was sweet sweet karma.

EDIT, this is only really possible when the enemy heli has landed behind your one. as an alternative, you can always spawn as a sniper and put a headshot at him aswell, or mortar him.

EDIT EDIT, And with that, i just realised what I can do to deal with spawn raping heli pilots on Kharg runway... Mortars... :D

• Advertisement

Join a 1 player start server , Large Conquest.
    Capture all 5 bases in Heli, switch team, capture all 5 bases back, rinse and repeat

You'll have your upgrades within 1-2 hours

Capture all 5 bases in Heli, switch team, capture all 5 bases back, rinse and repeat

Can't do that on console. Besides, if I was happy to cheat/use cheap tactics for my unlocks, I'd be the one doing the spawn-raping, not taking it.

I so wish you could do that on the console. I don't even bother with helis and jets on the ps3.

Jets and choppers are awful on console, for the simple fact, that you can't change your minimap size.

On PC you can zoom out to see an overview of the whole battlefield, assuming things are spotted, you can see the locations of all tanks/jets etc.

On console you are limited to the immediate area, which is the closest of the 3 views available on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Jets and choppers are awful on console, for the simple fact, that you can't change your minimap size.

On PC you can zoom out to see an overview of the whole battlefield, assuming things are spotted, you can see the locations of all tanks/jets etc.

On console you are limited to the immediate area, which is the closest of the 3 views available on PC
    Air radar? :p

I really hate when you have a nice sniper spot, you're lying down in a bush or something and picking off people around the level. Then some idiot spawns on you and stands up beside you, unloading his assault rifle at targets miles away giving away your position.
    This never really effected me, but playing SDM last night it happened every póxy time. Was starting to think they were actually doing it to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Was starting to think they were actually doing it to annoy me.

They probably were. It can be extremely frustrating to have a number of snipers on your team doing this because it's basically a guaranteed loss. I can understand people get enjoyment from sniping, but sitting in one place will not win you anything in this game. That's why when I go recon, I go assault recon!

SKS, Holo, Foregrip, Silencer, G18. Bingo bango.

They probably were. It can be extremely frustrating to have a number of snipers on your team doing this because it's basically a guaranteed loss. I can understand people get enjoyment from sniping, but sitting in one place will not win you anything in this game. That's why when I go recon, I go assault recon!

Guarenteed loss me hole! I was getting a K:D ratio of about 5:1. better than anyone else in those games.

I go recon, I go assault recon!

Ditto, I prefer this type than an actual sniper. Gets too boring for me. Capturing places with the mav up high surveilling is good fun. See a guy and go knife/kill him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Guarenteed loss me hole! I was getting a K:D ratio of about 5:1. better than anyone else in those games.

I'm sure you do, but that doesn't do a lot to help the team to win. In a 500 ticket game, unless you're killing about 250 people, then you need to be capturing and holding flags.

On Rush, it's even worse, because snipers contribute nothing at all. Now that's fine if you're enjoying it, but a lot of other people enjoy winning and will get frustrated with you for doing it.

Advertisement