Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm sure you do, but that doesn't do a lot to help the team to win. In a 500 ticket game, unless you're killing about 250 people, then you need to be capturing and holding flags.

On Rush, it's even worse, because snipers contribute nothing at all. Now that's fine if you're enjoying it, but a lot of other people enjoy winning and will get frustrated with you for doing it.

Re read my post, I was playing squad death match ;)
    Completely agree on the other game modes, kill death ratio doesn't matter a shíte. Important on SDM though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sorry, I must have missed that bit! Red mist ;)

Sorry, I must have missed that bit! Red mist ;)
    No probs!
    I decided to give SDM a do last night cos I need 5 knife kills and reckon it must be easier to get them in that game mode. Must try ktulu123's tip of using the mav to find snipers, easy to sneak up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I'm sure you do, but that doesn't do a lot to help the team to win. In a 500 ticket game, unless you're killing about 250 people, then you need to be capturing and holding flags.

On Rush, it's even worse, because snipers contribute nothing at all. Now that's fine if you're enjoying it, but a lot of other people enjoy winning and will get frustrated with you for doing it.

.... right.... well i'm gonna go ahead and flat out disagree with you on this one.

A Sniper can contribute everything to a game in Rush! I'd often play as a long range sniper on the likes of Kharg or Firestorm, it's amazing how easily you can take 2 or 3 people out of the game entirley by getting them into a grudge match with you. I know the spots on my scope to get headshots very quickly at long range so I can easily deal with 2 to 3 snipers at a time. they get pissed off and spend the entire game trying to kill you. And other than them you can still take shots at other guys standing in the open with javelins or whatever.

okay, so I guess I am slighlty contradicting myself... snipers contribute nothing at all if they're shite and hang about in heards. But a good sniper can seriously piss people off, and a frustrated player is a careless player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the amount of times in conquest games i have stopped entire enemy squads from capturing flags just by picking them off one by one in karkand is crazy, so imo sniping CAN turn a game around as much as the ehadless chickens running around with sh1t k:d ratios

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What if your team is losing? Do you stop sniping and help capture places? I cant not capture places even when im a sniper.

Battlefield during the day is a bit funny. All the complete idiots are on it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

A Sniper can contribute everything to a game in Rush!

I was specifically referring to the situation
    when you have a nice sniper spot, you're lying down in a bush or something

Absolutely, recon can contribute in any game mode, but not with this behaviour.
    snipers contribute nothing at all if they're ****e

Which most of them are.
    But a good sniper can seriously piss people off

Of course, as can a good player of any class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

RE:Snipers.
    Moral of story, bad players are bad.

Also being Recon with a SpecOps loadout on Rush is pure sex. Sneak around behind the MComs and plant your beacon.
    Insta-Win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Am I remembering correctly , or could you c4 players in BF2....or maybe it was cod.
    But I have near distinct memories of putting c4 on people

I think that might of been COD. That would be class though bring c4 terrorist to a whole new level! :P

BF2 as well.
    Arm a guy.
    He runs into room and dies in a hail of gunfire.
    You set off C4, clearing room.
    Medic revives fallen hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

copeyhagen wrote: »
    the amount of times in conquest games i have stopped entire enemy squads from capturing flags just by picking them off one by one in karkand is crazy, so imo sniping CAN turn a game around as much as the ehadless chickens running around with sh1t k:d ratios

Lol your funny is your camping getting a good K/D make you the cheese cause it sounds that way. Il stay one of them chickens you call just running around with my sh1t K/D

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

RE:Snipers.
    Moral of story, bad players are bad.
    What gets me is the bad players who keep playing as sniper and seem perfectly happy with 4 kills and bottom of the board, even if they just sprayed the M249 everywhere for the whole round they would do better :rolleyes:

Had two such special individuals in my squad and they literally spent 75% of the round trying to MAV up a building on Sharqi.
    Yes thats right the map where just about every rooftop can be covered from the roof of the TV station the enemy snipers had setup shop on...

Lol your funny is your camping getting a good K/D make you the cheese cause it sounds that way. Il stay one of them chickens you call just running around with my sh1t K/D

LMAO

OMGZ, sniping iz jus camping LOL! :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less if someone calls it camping. The best thing about battlefield is there's lots of different ways to play the game to keep it interesting. Sniping is one. If you're good at any aspect of the game you'll help your team.
    And looks like copeyhagen is doing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

You should probable check his stats then, everyone can have a good round.

I'm not saying there isn't decent snipers out there who take flags and work within there squads i know a few of them who play this way but i know a hell of a lot more who just camp.

Personally i love snipers, gets my knife kills up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well this is feckin great.

I went to log in last night (haven't played in a bit) and my account was locked out. The password retrieval system wouldn't work and origin wouldn't log me in.

I've been in contact with EA, and they say no account by that name exists :(

I linked them to my stats on 2 different sites (including battlelog!!!) and they still haven't been able to do anything.

Seriously pi$$ed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Wtf is wrong with some people?

Playing rush on Caspain Border, We were up to the second set of points. Spawned on a squad mate in a helicopter, some other twat in the pilots seat so we wait for him to take of, and wait and wait and wait. Then he flies off the map and lands and just stays there. What a tool. I just committed suicide and left him at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

How do you contact support on the EA Battlefield 3 website?

I signed up to their site using the xbox upgrade feed when I started Battlefield 3 using my GT. When I log in all goes ok, until they ask me to choose an ID which I assumed would have been my own GT from xbox live but it tells me that it already exists (No s*it Sherlock) and I have to choose another.
    I need to contact them to tell them that the ID I choose is already me. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

kleefarr wrote: »
    How do you contact support on the EA Battlefield 3 website?

I signed up to their site using the xbox upgrade feed when I started Battlefield 3 using my GT. When I log in all goes ok, until they ask me to choose an ID which I assumed would have been my own GT from xbox live but it tells me that it already exists (No s*it Sherlock) and I have to choose another.
    I need to contact them to tell them that the ID I choose is already me. :rolleyes:

Go onto EA.com, support is at the bottom of the page

Server admins or DICE need to do something about the knobs that team kill you in a chopper so their buddy can get in :mad:

Even if you can punish they can still respawn in the passenger seat again a few seconds later to much less of a hindrance than caused on you.

Most servers TK kick limit is far too high(I've often caused more than one in a round and was never kicked, think most do 5+)

Would make much more sense if there were at least some HC servers with Friendly Fire turned off, I play HC mainly as I don't like the cheapness of spotting on Normal mode, I don't play it for the Friendly Fire aspect as I'd say most don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Anyone else noticing problems with the mortar detection? (xbox 360)

Was playing in grand barzaar eariler and just recently a few minutes ago and anytime i fired the mortar it revealed my position on the map (which its meant to do) but enemy mortars were not being revealed as they were fired :confused:

I knew the area where the guy was thanks to the kill cam. But ke kept firing away and nothing. Couldnt see him on the mortar hud.

LighterGuy wrote: »

Was playing in grand barzaar eariler and just recently a few minutes ago and anytime i fired the mortar it revealed my position on the map (which its meant to do) but enemy mortars were not being revealed as they were fired :confused:

I knew the area where the guy was thanks to the kill cam. But ke kept firing away and nothing. Couldnt see him on the mortar hud.

Might have being cheating, I've encountered 1 or 2 players who continuously killed me with Mortar and I never got them once(even though I was specifically looking for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I've noticed that on 360 too, on foot or with mortar equipped it seemed random whether they get highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I've heard that if you equip a silencer for your main gun as support class then you wont show up on the map if you launch a mortar. It should only work for your main gun but for some reason it works for the mortar too.

I've heard that if you equip a silencer for your main gun as support class then you wont show up on the map if you launch a mortar. It should only work for your main gun but for some reason it works for the mortar too.

/Makes note...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

So gonna try this in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

This game hates me. :pac:

If I have canister shell equipped on my tank, there is people using the SOFLAM and CITV everywhere. As soon as I put on guided shell, they all vanish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

So gonna try this in a while.
    let us know if it works. I'm sure Dice will fix it if it does

Advertisement