Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

let us know if it works. I'm sure Dice will fix it if it does

Tried it last night in Operation Metro & Grand Barzaar Rush games..... it works :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've heard that if you equip a silencer for your main gun as support class then you wont show up on the map if you launch a mortar. It should only work for your main gun but for some reason it works for the mortar too.

I dislike the Mortar folk who sit at the back of a map all match and doing nothing but spam it but I might have to give this a try now on certain maps playing Rush.

Seine Crossing, 1st area B M-Com I'm looking at you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

FAMAS/F2000

That is the question...

Also, the difference between the FAMAS before and after the foregrip is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Every kid on the block is using the USAS-12 with frag rounds, currently using the 870MCS to bring balance to the universe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I recommend no more people on here play on the [m2s] gaming clan server. They are a bunch of ****ing morons. I got kicked for killing people with C4 and generally playing well. Twats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Every kid on the block is using the USAS-12 with frag rounds, currently using the 870MCS to bring balance to the universe.

ha, guilty! (well, I use buckshot) 506 kills in 4hr40m though! not bad. not bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

The loading screen messages are starting to annoy me for some reason :o
    They are just full of grammer errors, Random capital Letters and such brilliant nuggets of info as "LMG accuracy sucks when your moving so you should use a bipod" :rolleyes:
    How this stuff and the inaccurate weapon descriptions made it through testing astounds me!

Also shotgun frag rounds have crazy range, I was standing near the TV station on Sharqi and got hit by one fired from the construction site :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Also shotgun frag rounds have crazy range, I was standing near the TV station on Sharqi and got hit by one fired from the construction site :eek:

I admit I hate frag rounds, and I'd be happy if they were taken out completely - but as a compromise I'd really like if they put misfires into the game.

If you want to load up your fully automatic shotgun with small grenades, then I think you should run the risk of blowing yourself up.

As is they seem to fire a massive projectile to infinite distance with no spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

raze wrote: »
    I admit I hate frag rounds, and I'd be happy if they were taken out completely - but as a compromise I'd really like if they put misfires into the game.

If you want to load up your fully automatic shotgun with small grenades, then I think you should run the risk of blowing yourself up.

As is they seem to fire a massive projectile to infinite distance with no spread.

You've obviously never fired them when in a confined space. I've suicided a few times due to this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

i'm hearing unconfirmed reports of todays patch resetting some players stats back to level 1 from members of the clan I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Schwiiing wrote: »
    i'm hearing unconfirmed reports of todays patch resetting some players stats back to level 1 from members of the clan I'm in.

i`d love that tbh or even an option to reset them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It wouldn't bother me too much, in fact I'd probably LOL, and also lol at all the people who care so much about their K/D or SPM.

The only slight annoyance I'd have is with Jets/Choppers/Tanks and having to get your perks up to the same level as they were before (flares / rockets / TV missiles / CITV) ......you don't even have flares to start with as a new pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Schwiiing wrote: »

Having just finished unlocking every gun yesterday, that would drive me spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

rumour is confirmed. but as to whether its permanent or not remains to be seen.

I've my fingers crossed for a few players hoping their stats get reset :P hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

it didn't really take that long to unlock everything in BF3 so a reset wouldnt really bother me to much, if it was the same as BF2 where ranking up was much hardier id be a bit pi**ed but its EA its kind of expected lol

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

I wouldn't mind the ability to reset my stats myself.

Or is there a way you can add/buy just the account to add a second solider without having to buy everything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Stat reset? SCREW THAT!! :eek:

Thank god its temporary and DICE like to quality test these things out on PS3 before offering them to rest of us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Was just about to take someone's head off at about ~150ft when a MAV flew in front of me and took the shot for him.

I'm not sure if I should be annoyed at the missed kill or amazed by the MAV user's sense of timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Frag rounds f**k off! Sick of the sight of these poxy things.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

There seems to be a LOT more cheating/hacking/glitching going on these days. Particularly on Metro, bastards glitching through the walls. Seems to be somebody doing it everytime I play that map these days, shame.

Anybody else notice the dramatic increase in cheaters?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah, I've experienced a good few twats tonight. What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

There seems to be a LOT more cheating/hacking/glitching going on these days. Particularly on Metro, bastards glitching through the walls. Seems to be somebody doing it everytime I play that map these days, shame.

Anybody else notice the dramatic increase in cheaters?

what platform?
    5uspect wrote: »

same?

Ive come across a few players being kicked from servers due to multiple hacks on PC, and I really cant understand why you cheat?
    i used to cheat in GTA3/SA/4 etc etc but found i lost interest too soon in the game, so ive stopped and would never do it in an online FPS. why bother?

rant:

the amount of times im in an apache and i see the enemy spray his load (flairs) and tried to lock on to him for ages afterwards but to no avail. i could literally be hovering behind him and get nothing, until he turns around some time later and takes me out. WTF!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

5uspect wrote: »

The point is, if the amount of cheaters continues to increase at the rate it has recently, Battlefield 3 will soon be broken. Thats bad. I cant understand why EA/Dice arent coming down harder on these guys.

Online cheaters should be marched aboard a rocket, destination: The sun.

I'm on PC by the way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm lamenting the point of cheating. Not those complaining about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tea_Bag wrote: »

the amount of times im in an apache and i see the enemy spray his load (flairs) and tried to lock on to him for ages afterwards but to no avail. i could literally be hovering behind him and get nothing, until he turns around some time later and takes me out. WTF!!:mad::mad::mad:

He probably has stealth, takes longer for enemy missiles to lock on...
    one way of combating it is to use Beam scanning..

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

I think a lot of people mistake good players and lucky shots or just bad game coding as cheating.

I personal haven't come across that many hackers/cheaters, i think its 2 in the 200 odd hours i have played.

I have come across people i would of said mite be cheating but one look at the stats will usually tell you there just good or having a lucky day.

I think the word cheater is used way to much as a defence for people's frustration with the game for one thing or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think a lot of people mistake good players and lucky shots or just bad game coding as cheating.

I personal haven't come across that many hackers/cheaters, i think its 2 in the 200 odd hours i have played.

I have come across people i would of said mite be cheating but one look at the stats will usually tell you there just good or having a lucky day.

I think the word cheater is used way to much as a defence for people's frustration with the game for one thing or another.

Agreed, when people are cheating it's extremely obvious and you usually find the server empties very quickly.

I remember back in the day I was kicked and banned from countless Counter-Strike servers for "cheating". In actual fact I was just ridiculously good at it, a symptom of a misspent youth. Thankfully, I'm not that good at BF3, a symptom of having a life these days. ;)

I've seen three definite cheaters in over 100 hours in BF3. That's all.

• Advertisement

Totally agree.

The funniest is people who play on console and call people cheaters, with PC you can edit config files etc, but I think on console you need access to a developer console etc

Advertisement