Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

I think a lot of people mistake good players and lucky shots or just bad game coding as cheating.

I personal haven't come across that many hackers/cheaters, i think its 2 in the 200 odd hours i have played.

I have come across people i would of said mite be cheating but one look at the stats will usually tell you there just good or having a lucky day.

I think the word cheater is used way to much as a defence for people's frustration with the game for one thing or another.

Ah, the guys I'v seen recently were out and out cheaters. Was playing on Metro, got killed from out of nowhere three times by the same guy. Real, where the fup did that come from kills.

The guys K/D ratio was something like 100-4, a ridiculious figure like that anyway.
    So I switched teams to have a look at what he was doing, couldnt find him anywhere on the map. I heard about people glitching through the walls on Metro, so I figured thats what he must be doing. Went outside searching around the cafe, threw the MAV up into the air for a look. Still couldnt find him.

Then I noticed a MAV parked over the fence where it shouldnt be, so I flew around trying to find him. Couldnt locate him. Hes in the walls somewhere though.
    He was being called out a good few times for it, but insisted he wasnt cheating. Cant understand why he wasnt kicked.

Anyway, I sent him a friend request, just so I could PM him that I was gonna report him to Dice/EA, and hopefully he would get a stat wipe.
    He responded that he had been reported 30 times at this stage and "dosent give a f**k yo", also that I could fup off and mind my own buisness.
    I had a look through his records, seems all the guy has been doing is playing Metro and glitching through the walls.

Oh, well. Heres hoping for a stat wipe, or just an all out ban for the guy.

Sorry that got so long winded. I understand what you are saying alright. Some guys just have great talent for FPS and it can seem un-natural at times. Sucks to be on the recieving end, but at least its fair game and everybody has the same tools to work with. So man up or adjust your playing style to the situation.

Other times, they are just dirty cheaters.

Boo cheaters! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I've seen 5 or 6 hackers, most of the kill you anywhere types. Usually you can spot them by looking at their Battlelog stats or through bf3stats. Suspicious amount of headshots or Eagle ranked with very few hours played is usually the giveaway.

Ps Mick-Fitz doesn't have to worry about hackers, he's the Chuck Norris of BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Guided shells from tanks. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

I've seen 5 or 6 hackers, most of the kill you anywhere types. Usually you can spot them by looking at their Battlelog stats or through bf3stats. Suspicious amount of headshots or Eagle ranked with very few hours played is usually the giveaway.

Ps Mick-Fitz doesn't have to worry about hackers, he's the Chuck Norris of BF3.

Lol sorry but im no where good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as the mighty Chuck Norris.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You don't mention Chuck Norris .

Chuck Norris mentions you !..and then you die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think a lot of people mistake good players and lucky shots or just bad game coding as cheating.
    Most cheaters that I've come across shoot you from the other side of the map with a pistol using no scope...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Of headshot you in a jet with their own jet cannon from across the map.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Unlike many, I actually liked Metro. Probably because it helped with the transition from CoD to BF with it being very linear, that plus I've always done well on it up until recently.

9 times out of 10, it's frag rounds and USAS. Rinse and repeat. Being predominately a Rush player, that 3rd area of M-Coms of 4, namely B M-Com is becoming more and more problematic. I know that area is key to the map in general especially on Conquest but it's just so tedious at this point. I do love me a challenge, hence why I have very little kills with the noob friendly guns (50 odd kills with USAS in over a 100 hours played being an example) but there is sweet **** all you can do about them. Being on console, the map is unavoidable and I'm not willing to back out to avoid it. But yeah the placing of that one feckin M-Com and USAS frag rounds on that map is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

5uspect wrote: »
    Of headshot you in a jet with their own jet cannon from across the map.

Unless they do it consistently, give them the benefit of the doubt. Just the other day I was flying out from my uncap in a jet on Firestorm and my unguided missiles took down a MAV at the other side of the map. I almost wouldn't believe it was possible if I hadn't done it.

Nope, this guy kept doing it. Had a ridiculous kdr. I just left the server.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Nope, this guy kept doing it. Had a ridiculous kdr. I just left the server.

Did you report him to ED/DICE?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ed will sort him out.

Did you report him to ED/DICE?

No, but I've begun to do so with the ones I've seen since

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was playing Conquest on Metro, and someone had was... halfway through a wall at the "spawn" building at flag "A". To his left is a window which I could not see through. Oh great.

193083.jpg

Was a good server, so just avoided the spots where he shot me at.

Was having a great time on Metro tonight until two cheaters arrived. The went into a squad together and locked it. Always I dodgy sign I say.
    Our great tight game turned to sh*t straight away. This guy seemed to have the ability to turn himself invisible.
    He would still appear on radar, but we cant see him.

I had to quit before the end of the match. Shame.

DERNETTEMICHAEL was the guys name. Heres his profile...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/DERNETTEMICHAEL/stats/351349421/

Some interesting stats he has. I reported him to EA/Dice anyways, not sure if its gonna do any good though.

Battlefield3 is turning to crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

That player "Ghostbrick" has 170 hours played, mostly as sniper and has the worst accuracy I've seen yet at 5%. It must have been a bad day for you to do the lotto to be hit by him, Syco.

DERNETTEMICHAEL has 659 hours and is almost as bad.

Thats the thing about cheaters. Their usually so bad at playing that it's really obvious when their cheating.

There's a video going around of the metro glitches, using the mav you can jump the fence at metro entrance to the right coming from the russian base and pretty get into the ceiling in the tunnels and shoot from there. Probably mav'd for the spot in a too.

Another reason not to play metro :p

A bit of metro is great every now and then. Actually had an usually good\interesting metro round last night on the french xtm server, flags changed at least 3-4 times which is good for metro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Im not a fan of it but i'll play it when it comes up in the play list. I joined a 1000 ticket 64 player server the other day that was on metro. Absolutely shocking! The whole game is just spent at the stairs at B. Apart from the one time i got behind them with the LMG & C4 I couldn't play a game like that again.

The worrying thing is that Metro is the most played map by far. Which could mean that the next expansions will have more maps like it :(

• Advertisement

The thing with metro is try to get up the back escalators and run straight for A, most people turn around for b and get anihilated after blindising 3 or 4 enemies. Everyone is too busy looking forward in that map. what bugs me about the map is people are idiots and when you capture A, everyone still spawns at C and it ends up with your squad up against 10+ guys trying to hold A. Just love flanking in that map where possible, it results in absolute carnage.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Another reason not to play metro :p

Actually, its my favorite map at the moment. My plan for this Sunday, was to roll out of bed in the morning, and straight away log into a 9000 ticket game of Metro. And not move for a few hours! :P

That was the plan anyway, but it could be just too frustrating to do now with the amount of cheaters on that map. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

metro has it place its nice to start my night of with a metro game get my aim sorted and stuff like that.

Its can become a spam feast if your on your own playing it but a good squad will usually break out at B and its many kill points and make it an open match.

Usually if u start at A and try take C instead of B it causes the map to open up that bit more.

Actually, its my favorite map at the moment. My plan for this Sunday, was to roll out of bed in the morning, and straight away log into a 9000 ticket game of Metro. And not move for a few hours! :P

That was the plan anyway, but it could be just too frustrating to do now with the amount of cheaters on that map. :(

It's not Battlefield.
    You may aswell go play COD
    It's all about getting a high score and loads of kills - not about working as a team and capturing/holding the relevant flags.

I hope the next release of maps has stuff like Mashtuur, Dalian, Kubra, Daqing and Fushe Pass ...where you NEED actual teamwork.

Not just a bunch of people spamming nades, rockets and nade launchers and constantly reviving one another.

It's not Battlefield.
    It's all about getting a high score and loads of kills - not about working as a team and capturing/holding the relevant flags.

I hope the next release of maps has stuff like Mashtuur, Dalian, Kubra, Daqing and Fushe Pass ...where you NEED actual teamwork.

Not just a bunch of people spamming nades, rockets and nade launchers and constantly reviving one another.

I agree, but it is part of Battlefield3, and that cant be changed now. Its good to explore all aspects of the game, its my favorite map at the moment, but might not be next week. I would just like it patched thats all.

The map I had planned on playing Sunday has rockets and M320 banned so no spam. I agree there is less emphasis on teamwork in Metro, but when it does happen it can be magic, and turn a game around in seconds! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

See that doesn't make any sense if he enjoys playing Metro. COD doesn't have Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mashtur City would be awesome....an really underrated map in BF2..

Blazer wrote: »
    Mashtur City would be awesome....an really underrated map in BF2..
    I always thought it was amazing, became a bit lacking when BF2 went to Infantry Only though ...too many snipers as the map was too large to be running accross.
    INF ONLY was the death of BF2 for me
    See that doesn't make any sense if he enjoys playing Metro. COD doesn't have Metro.
    Obviously :P , but the point being that it doesn't focus on any of the aspects that make BF the franchise it is (i.e. Teamwork) and is more akin to COD (Get as many kills as you can)
    The map I had planned on playing Sunday has rockets and M320 banned so no spam. I agree there is less emphasis on teamwork in Metro, but when it does happen it can be magic, and turn a game around in seconds! :D
    If its PC your on, then come on Craggy with everyone else that does be on here :D

If its PC your on, then come on Craggy with everyone else that does be on here :D

Cheers for the invite :)

I have Craggy added as a favorite already, it just seems that whenever I get a chance to play, the server is empty. Ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

[xbox 360]

Was playing online last week and I killed someone who was carrying a USAS. I decided to pick it up and to my suprise he could hold 44 rounds in his magazine at once :confused:

Was that a glitch or something? or can that be achieved somehow?

Advertisement