Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Another reason not to play metro :p

metro is a great map on a 24 man server , good fun lots of ways to be devious
    but it goes to **** when you go onto a 64 man map its too crowded and it goes into a boring stalemate , thats where most of the bad rap comes from , if you stick to playing it with fewer players though its brilliant :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Netko

Jake187 wrote: »
    [xbox 360]

Was playing online last week and I killed someone who was carrying a USAS. I decided to pick it up and to my suprise he could hold 44 rounds in his magazine at once :confused:

Was that a glitch or something? or can that be achieved somehow?

Unless he was using an Extended mag. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

The game itself is brilliant. But its the players on the Xbox :mad::mad::mad:

I have only been playing it for 3-4 days now and next to no one bothers to play the game properly :mad: Theres next to no team/squad play.

For example I was playing a few games of conquest earlier on Kharg Island. Within the first five minutes of the match the enemy team had taken all the flags :mad: Why I hear you ask?

All the fcukin apes on my team were running around with silened weapons trying to rake up kills like it was Call of Duty. Two enemy tanks rolled in and started leveling our spawn, I was the only one trying to take them out with the Engineer class. The rest of my team were either off looking for kills or hiding in the bushes with their sniper rifles, apparently oblivious to the fact we were supposed to capture and hold flags to win :mad:

From what I've seen on the Xbox most people think this is COD, running and gunning, not helping the team or going for the objective. Their happy to stick on the silencer so they can run around raking up the kills.

If this keeps up, I'm going to trade in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Herrick wrote: »

I have only been playing it for 3-4 days now and next to no one bothers to play the game properly :mad: Theres next to no team/squad play.

For example I was playing a few games of conquest earlier on Kharg Island. Within the first five minutes of the match the enemy team had taken all the flags :mad: Why I hear you ask?

All the fcukin apes on my team were running around with silened weapons trying to rake up kills like it was Call of Duty. Two enemy tanks rolled in and started leveling our spawn, I was the only one trying to take them out with the Engineer class. The rest of my team were either off looking for kills or hiding in the bushes with their sniper rifles, apparently oblivious to the fact we were supposed to capture and hold flags to win :mad:

From what I've seen on the Xbox most people think this is COD, running and gunning, not helping the team or going for the objective. Their happy to stick on the silencer so they can run around raking up the kills.

this is why you need to play with a community.. like Boards lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thats the problem with the Xbox version. You should play with the IRL clan. Used to play BC2 with them on xbox. Their on most nights and it was good craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I find the problem to be vehicles, usually 3 or 4 people waiting for a helicopter. If it's there, fair enough, but if it isn't get in a jeep and help the team :mad:

Herrick wrote: »

Yeah, I had similar events too on the Xbox, those guys are too stupid to realise it isn't for kills, its for points for helping your squad and team. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

To be fair, I think the problem with playing on the xbox is that you're usually playing with strangers. I play online with a couple of mates every now and again, and it's crazy how much you actually dominate when you actually speak to each other. Unfortunately, people (myself included) aren't as keen to be telling their squad what's going on if they're playing with strangers. At least on the PC you can type chat (I think?) so you won't feel as shy or self-conscious about it.

What i usually do is make sure you spawn on teammates, sure, the odd time you'll spawn beside someone who's camping for a jet / heli, but more often than not, you'll know from what direction they're heading what flag / coms they're going to cap and so can work towards that. You'll quickly most people will appreciate this sort of gameplay, though, as always, some people are just jerks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

On xbox, hadent played it for a while went back on, played some rush. usas and frag rounds everywhere.Played some conquest. usas and frag rounds everywhere. Played some tdm. usas and frag rounds everywhere, so annoying.

Now in tight rush maps i like to use the 870mcs which is grand and feck it any shotgun is but hadta laugh when i seen it on op firestortm!!

Obviously shotguns are very powerful but this take fecking rules everything with an iron fist, I get the feeling this isint the first time this has been said :D

On xbox, hadent played it for a while went back on, played some rush. usas and frag rounds everywhere.Played some conquest. usas and frag rounds everywhere. Played some tdm. usas and frag rounds everywhere, so annoying.

Now in tight rush maps i like to use the 870mcs which is grand and feck it any shotgun is but hadta laugh when i seen it on op firestortm!!

Obviously shotguns are very powerful but this take fecking rules everything with an iron fist, I get the feeling this isint the first time this has been said :D

Yeah, hopefully the USAS will be nurfed soon. :/ Most of the matches I've had I haven't encountered many using the USAS, but there was one that had the frag rounds and was shooting through the damm walls. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Havent played BF3 in over 2 months. really missing having a few random games. shouuld be getting a new laptop soon so will probs buy it again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

Netko wrote: »
    Yeah, hopefully the USAS will be nurfed soon. :/ Most of the matches I've had I haven't encountered many using the USAS, but there was one that had the frag rounds and was shooting through the damm walls. :(

in all fairness though, it's and explosive round! if real bullets can and do go through walls in real life whats stopping what is basically a shotgun propelled grenade from going through a wall and killing you!

I went through the usas phase then went back to using normal guns after a while, .
    it does get annoying but no point giving out about it imo.
    when that's nerfed whats next? the famas because it shoots ridiculously fast? planes because they can kill tanks?
    where does it end like?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Seanbass wrote: »
    in all fairness though, it's and explosive round! if real bullets can and do go through walls in real life whats stopping what is basically a shotgun propelled grenade from going through a wall and killing you!

I went through the usas phase then went back to using normal guns after a while, .
    when that's nerfed whats next? the famas because it shoots ridiculously fast? planes because they can kill tanks?

With EA/Dice it will end when they kill the game with a patch like all other bf games

Seanbass wrote: »

Well, if a USAS(Frag) can shoot through the non-destructable parts of the map then there is something seriously wrong. :|

I find nothing else wrong with the rest of the weapons or vehicles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Very few things annoy me,but those are
    Teammates driving off from a full spawn with an empty vehicle
    You spawn to the gunner of a chopper to be met with "get out please,my friend wants to play gunner"
    Admin killing for vehicle spots
    Non reviving,non repairing,non ammo dropping team mates
    Players not joining squads
    Sniper squad leader in HC,leaving your only spawn 3 mile from the battle
    Whinging in chat about mortar,noob,sniper and any general number of things.
    Even though the all of the above annoys me I rarely type in chat unless it has tactical info or adds to a good humor conversation.

For me,its a very few negatives v the pro's

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

Netko wrote: »
    Well, if a USAS(Frag) can shoot through the non-destructable parts of the map then there is something seriously wrong. :|

I find nothing else wrong with the rest of the weapons or vehicles. :)

well that's fair enough then! , I was just making a point, the usas with frag does get annoying if the whole team has it , but then again so is being killed by a model helicopter running you over, I wasn't having a shot at you in particular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

has anyone noticed it's nearly impossible to get into a full 12v12 server on ps3 at any time of the day or night weekend or weekday. it's always around 8v8 or 7v7 which means that once the vehicles are filled there's no one on foot.

has dice opened more servers or is there less ppl playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Schwiiing wrote: »
    has anyone noticed it's nearly impossible to get into a full 12v12 server on ps3 at any time of the day or night weekend or weekday. it's always around 8v8 or 7v7 which means that once the vehicles are filled there's no one on foot.

has dice opened more servers or is there less ppl playing?

Don't use quick match then and just pick a populated server.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Please play TDM if you have no interest in capturing objectives. We are not playing conquest to improve your K/D.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I hate the non-reviving people. Also, when you ate being shot but you get stuck because there is a brick on the ground that your guy can't seem to step over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

First time playing the game in around 5 weeks and I've been welcomed back with a baptismal of fire.Conquest on Grand Bazaar and all the other team using the USAS.Its a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Things that annoy me:

- USAS-12 Sniping, Seriously!
    - MAV Killing, It is an easy fix... Why don't they do it? Was sitting playing metro
    last night and there was 2 MAV's just doing a loop the entire round killing 1 or 2
    people each sweep!
    - People reviving just to get the points, Being revived only to be shot again
    instantly.. Gah!

Rather minor problems, Except for the MAV... It needs to be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Things that annoy me:

- MAV Killing, It is an easy fix... Why don't they do it? Was sitting playing metro
    last night and there was 2 MAV's just doing a loop the entire round killing 1 or 2
    people each sweep!

They are in the next patch.
    You can still be killed, but the MAV will also be destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Shoot the f**king thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Things that annoy me:
    instantly.. Gah!

your damned if you do your damned if you don't:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Exactly some people are never happy, in BC2 i could understand the frustration as it counted towards to your kd ratio, man i remember reviving yank 8 times in 15 seconds while bursting my hole laughing down the mic. But it doesn't affect you in BF3 and you can always reject the revive.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

That's one of my favourite memories of Bad Company 2. I was the one on the other side killing Yankinlk with a Barrett laughing just as much. I rarely remember to refuse the revive unless I get revived a 2nd time by the same idiot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I always do my best to revive. However sometimes the paddles just refuse to work and I end up making three or four attempts becoming a sitting duck in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Things that annoy me:

people each sweep!
    instantly.. Gah!

Equip either the IGLA or Stinger, target the MAV, gone. Simple as that. Not many people carry Iglas or Stingers on infantry maps for the obvious RPG spamming on infantry rather than trying to take out a MAV. I love the MAV for spotting.... and getting the occasional kill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Equip either the IGLA or Stinger, target the MAV, gone. Simple as that. Not many people carry Iglas or Stingers on infantry maps for the obvious RPG spamming on infantry rather than trying to take out a MAV. I love the MAV for spotting.... and getting the occasional kill :)

Haven't played enough yet to have either of those unlocked

Oh, And another problem with MAV's! You get more points for helping to destroy them that actually destroying them. :rolleyes:

When I play Assault, I revive those I am sure will survive, And lay down some cover fire when required.

This is different that running around reviving everyone that dies, With no care as to whether or not they actually make it onto their feet. What I am asking most likely to much for a public game however.

Decryptor wrote: »
    Shoot the f**king thing! :D

I did, But with multiples of them roaming the map and no one else on the team seeming to care It mean't I was standing on the same spot killing robots the entire game instead of actually playing:(

Advertisement