Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Haven't played enough yet to have either of those unlocked

Play as engineer for about half an hour, 3000 points is all you need.

You won't be worrying for long anyway, patch is out soon enough. Today for us PS3 users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I ****ing hate pussies with USAS-12 frag rounds. No skill required at all, just a point and click game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

DarkJager wrote: »
    I ****ing hate pussies with USAS-12 frag rounds. No skill required at all, just a point and click game.

All weapons require you to point and click at your target, in fact most PC games do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

SeantheMan wrote: »

All weapons require you to point and click at your target, in fact most PC games do...

I'm talking about weapons which have recoil compared to just shooting at one spot with explosive rounds and killing 2 or 3 guys in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

One of the developers has a blog about frag rounds, not sure what planet he's on but back here on planet earth we have asshats feeding themselves ammo for unlimited USAS Frag spam down the escalators on Metro and claymores should you get lucky between them reloading, what the hell are you supposed to do against that? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

One of the developers has a blog about frag rounds, not sure what planet he's on but back here on planet earth we have asshats feeding themselves ammo for unlimited USAS Frag spam down the escalators on Metro and claymores should you get lucky between them reloading, what the hell are you supposed to do against that? :(

To balance the USAS they don't need to change anything about the gun - they just need to change how the ammo re-supply is treated. If the game treated frag rounds the same way it treated re-stocking grenades, then idiots spamming USAS would be defenceless while they waited ages for ammo. There has to be a downside if your gun relies on splash damage.

Couple this with a reduction in number of clips, or at least curtailing the extended mag increase - then you're welcome to the most powerful gun in the game, if you only want to be combat effective for one engagement at a time.

But with rented servers on consoles the community can ultimately police itself. It's possible to find open clan servers where they warn about frag round usage - with the threat of kicking if you use it. Don't know how likely it is an admin will be on hand, but it's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

raze wrote: »
    To balance the USAS they don't need to change anything about the gun - they just need to change how the ammo re-supply is treated. If the game treated frag rounds the same way it treated re-stocking grenades, then idiots spamming USAS would be defenceless while they waited ages for ammo. There has to be a downside if your gun relies on splash damage.

Couple this with a reduction in number of clips, or at least curtailing the extended mag increase - then you're welcome to the most powerful gun in the game, if you only want to be combat effective for one engagement at a time.

But with rented servers on consoles the community can ultimately police itself. It's possible to find open clan servers where they warn about frag round usage - with the threat of kicking if you use it. Don't know how likely it is an admin will be on hand, but it's something.

Ea already came out and said you can't do anything that goes against it rules ie restricting weapons/ knives and pistols only etc

Arawn wrote: »
    Ea already came out and said you can't do anything that goes against it rules ie restricting weapons/ knives and pistols only etc

Bit of a shame that server admins don't get to determine their own rules - but doing so would probably cause problems with players' profiles which are saved locally on the consoles' hard-drives.

If a person or group pay for a server it's fair game for them to arbitrate as they see fit who they kick or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Bit of a shame that server admins don't get to determine their own rules - but doing so would probably cause problems with players' profiles which are saved locally on the consoles' hard-drives.

If a person or group pay for a server it's fair game for them to arbitrate as they see fit who they kick or not.
    Irl clan are going to be renting one. I'm sure there will be work around the rules for fun games like knives and pistols

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

s.

yes its their pitch and they decide who gets to play on it.

But abusing their power to send your ban to PB or GS is taking the piss, the fcuk they should have any say in whether you can continue to play the game when all you did was kill an admin a lot.

I was 15-2 with one Admin when i was kicked by admin for "gamehack". It wouldnt stream to PB but he tried......

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    But abusing their power to send your ban to PB or GS is taking the piss.

Totally agree. To clarify, I only meant in relation to rented servers on consoles, not to do with PB or bans - just kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Iv been banned from so many servers due to admins been noobs all because u own them on there own server.

As for them trying to master ban you im not sure they are able to do that ??? unless its backed up with a pb screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Iv been banned from so many servers due to admins been noobs all because u own them on there own server.

As for them trying to master ban you im not sure they are able to do that ??? unless its backed up with a pb screenshot

Same here lol at the latest one when i was only doing ok and i would say nowhere near good enough to be classed as a cheat :o:confused:
    "Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: You are probably a Cheater Game4it K/D: 71/47 KDR: 1.510638 !"

Server Admins deffo can't get you globally banned unless they submit a pb screenshot PBbans showing some from of hack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has happened twice to me. Pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Anyone else having difficulty with chopper flares? Twice in the past ten minutes I've used flares against Stingers the second the incoming missile tone starts and a few seconds later, the missile hits me anyway. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Althalu5

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Anyone else having difficulty with chopper flares? Twice in the past ten minutes I've used flares against Stingers the second the incoming missile tone starts and a few seconds later, the missile hits me anyway. :confused:

Definetly had the same problem, happened to me yesterday, in attack chopper when suddenly I get the quick beeping tone for a missile in flight already...didnt get any warning tones or anything, next thing I know I'm hit with two missiles in the ass and put into a massive tail spin. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Finding it rather difficult to snipe now, If anyone even so much as farts in my general direction it is impossible to get an accurate shot off, And requires hiding for a few seconds for the suppression effects to wear off.
    Even if I have aligned the shot perfectly it will still miss 99% of the time due to an effect that is not noticeable to the player other than a blurry screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Any one else think guided missiles are overpowered ? They kill air in one and they disable tanks in one. It makes the vehicular combat dull since there is no aiming required and they are stupidly strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Any one else think guided missiles are overpowered ? They kill air in one and they disable tanks in one. It makes the vehicular combat dull since there is no aiming required and they are stupidly strong.

Which ones? I use them on the scout choppers with laser painter, while they do disable tanks in one hit as a result, they do take longer to lock on, and I find most of the time they miss other helicopters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yup, helps me take out a tank in two shots. First shot, line them up for a guided shell and as soon as it has left the barrel, immediately switch to standard shot and finish them off in a 1-2 kinda way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

CrazyFish wrote: »
    No way are they stupidly strong. Along with the back of a tank, the top is the weakest part. If it was completely realistic, it would be a one-shot kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

The scout helicopter laser designator-guided missile combination is ridiculously unfair against other helicopters that don't have those unlocks equipped though. They should stop it from being a one shot kill, or at least make it easier to dodge.

And air-to-air guided missile is not a hard shot to connect, it hits every four out of five shots I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Someone told me that the patch had removed the Minibirds ability to Laser-Paint -> Guided on other air targets.
    However this is not true :(

The little bird pre/post patch is probably the best vehicle in the game. And if you have 2 engys repairing..well....its basically Kamkikaze jet that takes you out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

G.J. wrote: »
    The scout helicopter laser designator-guided missile combination is ridiculously unfair against other helicopters that don't have those unlocks equipped though. They should stop it from being a one shot kill, or at least make it easier to dodge.

And air-to-air guided missile is not a hard shot to connect, it hits every four out of five shots I'd say.

I have noticed post-patch that it hits more often, but takes longer to get to the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hackers and cheaters seem to be more obvious than before and admins seem not to care had this guy http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/smnona/
    killing people at russian spawn from us spawn on caspian with the g18 and c4 while we were in tanks and stationary AA getting annoying at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

bf3 is officially ****ed. suppression is now bull****. my m416 sucks. cant find a decent server. mortarts don't work anywhere.sound glitches.screen tearing.graphics flicker in scopes. I wish this patch never happened. it wasn't perfect pre patch but it was close. too bad they sold out to the COD kiddies who were **** at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Schwiiing wrote: »
    bf3 is officially ****ed. suppression is now bull****. my m416 sucks. cant find a decent server. mortarts don't work anywhere.sound glitches.screen tearing.graphics flicker in scopes. I wish this patch never happened. it wasn't perfect pre patch but it was close. too bad they sold out to the COD kiddies who were **** at the game.

PC or console? In my opinion this patch was mostly a success.The suppression is the most annoying thing but things like the USAS nerf and the many other small adjustments have made this into a much better game in my opinion. I haven't experienced any screen tearing so far so maybe its coming from your end.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Knife only server eh?

OK!!!!
    Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.
    Banned.
    Awww.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Chavways wrote: »
    PC or console? In my opinion this patch was mostly a success.The suppression is the most annoying thing but things like the USAS nerf and the many other small adjustments have made this into a much better game in my opinion. I haven't experienced any screen tearing so far so maybe its coming from your end.

ps3. all they should have done is nerfed the usas and not brought in rented servers. spaces on official servers are at a premium now. i could live with mav riding as it was harmless enough on maps with choppers and I wasn't exactly innocent of it myself. but his **** of getting kicked because your in the MVP spot or have the chopper is just vomit inducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Schwiiing wrote: »
    ps3. all they should have done is nerfed the usas and not brought in rented servers. spaces on official servers are at a premium now. i could live with mav riding as it was harmless enough on maps with choppers and I wasn't exactly innocent of it myself. but his **** of getting kicked because your in the MVP spot or have the chopper is just vomit inducing.

I havent been kicked from any servers yet and I always finish in the top 3 players.Ive been able to find pretty good servers aswell.Just don't go to any clan servers because they will most likely be the sour grapes that kick you if you beat them.

Advertisement