Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Chavways wrote: »
    I havent been kicked from any servers yet and I always finish in the top 3 players.Ive been able to find pretty good servers aswell.Just don't go to any clan servers because they will most likely be the sour grapes that kick you if you beat them.

i know all about clan servers. cnuts all of them. i'm constantly kicked coz i won't give up a tank or a chopper or a jet. it's what happens when game companies let 12 yr olds run their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Overall I think the patch was great. I've adapted to most of the changes at this point and overall, the game is better for it.

But the player owned servers are really doing my head in. I haven't seen a DICE server in over a week and most of the player servers are just a pain in the arse. I'd nearly rent out my own server just to have somewhere to play that didn't have ridiculous ticket counts. 1,000 tickets a side does not work when there is 12 players on each team. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Overall I think the patch was great. I've adapted to most of the changes at this point and overall, the game is better for it.

But the player owned servers are really doing my head in. I haven't seen a DICE server in over a week and most of the player servers are just a pain in the arse. I'd nearly rent out my own server just to have somewhere to play that didn't have ridiculous ticket counts. 1,000 tickets a side does not work when there is 12 players on each team. :mad:

Rent a server has completely ruined it. I keep getting put on these servers with complete **** who can't stand being killed. Then the servers with huge tickets are ****ing pointless, who's going to wait 2 hours to get XP? I'm also wondering where the EA servers are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Knife only server eh?

OK!!!!
    Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.
    Banned.
    Awww.

Knife only games are terrifying. Had one last night on our server and it was intense. You can't stop running. At one point I saw three guys with Knives out all slashing away at one person. Looked like the guy was being mugged having inadvertently stumbled into Finglas on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Got kicked from a server for the first time today. Admin said I was using the USAS.

But I was using the DAO-12 so.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The amount of teams playing who refuse to use a vehicle if their bum buddy isnt in it is ridiculous. Was playing Kharg and spawned into the viper as gunner. Some tool was just taking off when he realized I wasnt part of his ho parade and promptly lands and refuses to take off while his b1tch just jumps in front of the camera.

Left the game, playing with total pairs of tits like that happens wayyyy to often in this game. COD had single c o c k s lone gunning it but bf seems to attract pairs of them at a time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

hightower1 wrote: »
    The amount of teams playing who refuse to use a vehicle if their bum buddy isnt in it is ridiculous. Was playing Kharg and spawned into the viper as gunner. Some tool was just taking off when he realized I wasnt part of his ho parade and promptly lands and refuses to take off while his b1tch just jumps in front of the camera.

Left the game, playing with total pairs of tits like that happens wayyyy to often in this game. COD had single c o c k s lone gunning it but bf seems to attract pairs of them at a time. :(

You should have just braizened it out and stayed in the chopper to see what they would do. If it was me I'd change teams and just go on a vendetta for their chopper for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Chavways wrote: »
    You should have just braizened it out and stayed in the chopper to see what they would do. If it was me I'd change teams and just go on a vendetta for their chopper for the rest of the game.

I make it a rule to not give any of my spare time to tools like that tbh even if it was to take them out. Its worrying how much I come across this kind of behavior though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Noticed a new hack/glitch today(I think?). It could of been an aimbot but I am not sure how they work:p

Our entire team got killed all at once within the first 10 seconds of a game starting by an assault rifle(Forgot the name) as the player ran from his spawn.
    He continued to run in a tiny circle(I switched teams to watch him) killing people across the map and was on 98-0 when I left. Noticed It again later on, Player was on 395-5, Random players would just drop dead. Not fun:(

Here is the battle report: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/28415256/1/345728930/ Pretty funny:L

Was this on PC? Haven't really seen any of this on Xbox so hope it stays that way.

That guy seems to have only discovered it recently as his K/D isn't even positive.

His stats aren't overly impressive until you look at his combat efficiency ribbons, of which he has 1364 in 280 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Was this on PC? Haven't really seen any of this on Xbox so hope it stays that way.

That guy seems to have only discovered it recently as his K/D isn't even positive.

His stats aren't overly impressive until you look at his combat efficiency ribbons, of which he has 1364 in 280 hours.
    Accuracy of 10300%

Seems Legit

Never saw the point in doing things like this just makes the game boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Had something similar happen me.
    This lad landed the chopper offside and just stayed there for a while,then I get a message "get out".
    Lol,as if that's going to happen now.

Also seen some servers where in the description it says "let <insert twatty kids name here> fly the choppers".
    F**k off,this rented servers business is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Sucks alright BUT it depends on what they do with the chopper, I've played a few games with one of my friends as gunner and with the two of us working together it can be a complete game changer for your team, just don't get that with a random.
    Personally I always take off as I'll probably crash into something solid anyway but I can see how people get fed up with gunners constantly shooting at nothing, the pilot who goes jet hunting in the stratosphere or people who randomly bail out.
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    Had something similar happen me.
    This lad landed the chopper offside and just stayed there for a while,then I get a message "get out".
    Lol,as if that's going to happen now.

Also seen some servers where in the description it says "let <insert twatty kids name here> fly the choppers".
    F**k off,this rented servers business is a pain in the arse.

I would definitely go out of my way to laser paint those choppers at every available opportunity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

i havent had much bother with being kicked for using choppers.. i'd be a hardcore only player so team killing is the main threat

i have been banned/kicked for no reason i can think of but luckily it's rare.. i was kicked in a game of SQDM, i was in the zone and wiping out the admin's squad pretty regularly so i suppose he had to do something

i'd normally harass aircraft with stingers if they are causing trouble - a squad with support and 3 engineers sitting on a roof somewhere can do wonders for morale

Pain in the ass game :mad:
    Spent about an hour and a half in a game of conquest on Caspian.
    Load of points racked up and then my PS3 crashes.......again.
    Is this happening anyone else,PS3 is only a few months old and it's only Battlefield that's doing it.

Other problems I'm having are gun jamming,it's not on any particular weapon either,just randomly locks with maybe 2 or 3 bullets spent,even just after spawning.

Dying for no reason aswell,was running along and jumped on to a car......dead.....bad luck!
    Wasn't shot and car didn't explode or anything.It happened another time vaulting a railing and another time jumping off a container.
    Is it just my crappy luck or are these common issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Pain in the ass game :mad:
    Spent about an hour and a half in a game of conquest on Caspian.
    Load of points racked up and then my PS3 crashes.......again.
    Is this happening anyone else,PS3 is only a few months old and it's only Battlefield that's doing it.

Other problems I'm having are gun jamming,it's not on any particular weapon either,just randomly locks with maybe 2 or 3 bullets spent,even just after spawning.

Dying for no reason aswell,was running along and jumped on to a car......dead.....bad luck!
    Wasn't shot and car didn't explode or anything.It happened another time vaulting a railing and another time jumping off a container.
    Is it just my crappy luck or are these common issues.

I'm having crashing problems similar to yours on 360. The mountain on top of the tunnel in Damavand peak conquest also seems to be completely busted. Impossible to fly over it without dying in mid air and watching the chopper slide down the other side.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm having crashing problems similar to yours on 360. The mountain on top of the tunnel in Damavand peak conquest also seems to be completely busted. Impossible to fly over it without dying in mid air and watching the chopper slide down the other side.
    It's driving me nuts at times but I'm a glutton for punishment,off for another game now :pac:

If you're having problems with the game crashing it's always worth deleting and re-downloading all of the BF content. Might take some time with the size of the DLs but it's worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone having lag on rented servers? I tried about 3 of them tonight, could barely even run. Shows 5 bars on the connection indicator thiingie. Never had that problem before. On ps3
    Really annoying, finally find a server that has good maps and it's unplayable :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fcuking freezing pissing me right off. Happened at the final set of mcoms. Thankfully managed to keep all my unlocks

bbf1e3938b7703f118746f6f0743c0a8.png?1334275319

Was an excellent game, had 8 boardsies on our team as well, most I've seen on the same side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

i know the above is pc but on xbox you will regularly get 12boardsies vs 12 boardsies :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

That's ps3

FFS,just been on a server where I couldn't choose anything in the gadget 2 section.
    Assault with no defribillators,Engineer with no repair tool and Support with no c4.
    And to make matters worse they saved like that for my next game and I had to go change all load outs.

Funny thing is I got revived by the same lad 2 or 3 times and I seen c4 planted around the place.
    That's bollox if people can pick and choose what you can and can't do.

Can you restrict what can and can't be used on servers? :confused:

Why do people say "No USAS, RPG, M320" etc if they could just restrict?

If somebody else was using it it sounds like your game was buggy.

I was thinking that.It was a bit odd.
    Especially how everything stayed that way on the customisation screen.
    First time I've seen it anyway.
    It kind of reminded me of MW2 getting hacked and everything being out of your control,hope that's not the case. :(

You were saying earlier that the game keeps crashing out on you. I'd say you have a corrupt game profile or piece of content on your HDD. My game profile kept resetting my classes and giving me messages of congratulations for DL'ing the Karkand maps every time I turned my Xbox on so I just deleted the saved game and it resolved it. I'm having a look through my server now and I don't seem to be ale to restrict weapons.

You were saying earlier that the game keeps crashing out on you. I'd say you have a corrupt game profile or piece of content on your HDD. My game profile kept resetting my classes and giving me messages of congratulations for DL'ing the Karkand maps every time I turned my Xbox on so I just deleted the saved game and it resolved it. I'm having a look through my server now and I don't seem to be ale to restrict weapons.
    I've only started playing again in the last 2 weeks and only re-downloaded Karkand a little over a week ago.
    I transferred over my saved game stuff from the old PS3.

My classes probably were reset now you say it,my gun did change aswell,thought I switched it by accident and just stuck with it :)

It was only for that game though,I was able to go and change everything back to the way I had it afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's weird. I went into a knife only server, thought it would be fun and it was a normal game, everyone had guns.
    I think maybe people don't update the description.

• Advertisement

I have to say that the majority of times that I don't play on my own server now, it is not pleasurable. All because the admins seem to treat it as their own personal fiefdom. I get that they pay for the server so can do what they want but it's getting harder to find a server that isn't mental.

One of the guys in my party last night kept getting kicked for taking down the chopper with the stinger. His third kick resulted in a ban.

I keep getting kicked or moved to the admin's team when I'm doing well. Managed to spawn in a tank earlier after being moved by an admin but spawned in the other team's area. Thought the game had ****ed up but I had managed to spawn as I was being moved so I was given the 10 seconds to get out of the no-go area.

His team were on 60 tickets and the opposition was on 300. Turns out he had moved all of the colonels, including me, to his team and we won by 30. How can you enjoy this? Take your beating you absolute cretin.

Went into a server and was informed that I could not use an RPG. On Kharg, where there is a multitude of tanks, jeeps and choppers that need to be taken out.

Anyway, rant over, it's just frustrating.

Advertisement