Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I hate they way everyone go's on about aimbotting:mad:, if u really looked at it most of these so called hackers are just good players.:eek:

Im called a hacker every second server and its annoying after a while, not everyone who can kill you is a hacker.;)

Iv played 300hrs so far and found 2 hackers that where 100% hacking other than that it just been good players.:cool:

Good for you.

However I'm well aware of the difference between an aimbot and a good player. Good players don't spray a map randomly with an m249 on full auto and get 145 kills (95% headshots) within the first 3 minutes on TDM. I'll show you battlelogs if you want. But hey, wait, let's not let the facts ruin a good rant about how good you are and how you're being called a hacker all the times cuz you're so l33t. :rolleyes:

P.S: I did note that I've only noticed these aimbotters since the patch. If you're saying you've played 300hours since the most recent patch then you might need to get some natural daylight or contact a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

.ak wrote: »
    Good for you.

However I'm well aware of the difference between an aimbot and a good player. Good players don't spray a map randomly with an m249 on full auto and get 145 kills (95% headshots) within the first 3 minutes on TDM. I'll show you battlelogs if you want. But hey, wait, let's not let the facts ruin a good rant about how good you are and how you're being called a hacker all the times cuz you're so l33t. :rolleyes:

P.S: I did note that I've only noticed these aimbotters since the patch. If you're saying you've played 300hours since the most recent patch then you might need to get some natural daylight or contact a doctor.

Play on hardcore servers if you see someone doing that "kill everyone crap", switch sides and C4 him a few times for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Play on hardcore servers if you see someone doing that "kill everyone crap", switch sides and C4 him a few times for the craic.

Jump in a jeep/tank and hop out before it gets to him >_>

My favorite method of killing same team game-ruiners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Jump in a jeep/tank and hop out before it gets to him >_>

My favorite method of killing same team game-ruiners

I like to fly my jet and bounce it off the top of my teams choppers when they attempt to baserape, seeing them go into a spin and plummet into the ground...with
    Baseraper 1 is no more
    Baseraper 2 is no more popping up and filling my heart with joy :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

There's obviously a demand for small, close quarter maps..otherwise, DICE just wouldn't be making them so regardless what anyone wants individually, the community are looking upon them positively. Say what you want about COD, but a larger mass of the consumer base enjoy claustrophobic gun-fights and this is the money DICE are trying to tap into. If BF3 can beat COD at it's own game, then fair enough - all the more power to them..

And for the person that said I don't give DICE enough credit - don't get me wrong, I love Battlefield...although it seems that if you enjoy both games you're a COD lover :confused:
    Nevertheless, DICE are late with their content. That's not my opinion - the majority of the community feel the same way. I am not after DICEs money here - They're after MINE!

• Advertisement

But if DICE are late with their content, after releaseing the B2K not long after release, then to have all this additional content made (as well as fixing and patching the game in recent weeks / months) would have taken a while.

If they were able to release it 3-4 months after release...we would be complaining that they actually had it finished before the release of the game..and that it should have been included..
    If it hasn't arrived within 6 months we say it's too late....

I'm happy to see the releases staggered, and not rushed out like in so many other games. They could release a camouflage or colour pack to make you happy, but they are only visual and add nothing to the game.

Also, as stated previously, COD maps can be made quite easily, whereas a lot of thought must go into the BF maps to try get the balance correct in relation to spawn locations, flag locations, uncap bases etc to even out the playing field.

You can enjoy both games, it's not exclusively 1 or the other, but to compare how they go about releasing DLC and the timing of release and content provided within said DLC is wrong.
    COD is more akin to dressing up your avatar in a batsuit and sunglasses, whereas BF is designing a new vehicle and the mechanics that accompany it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

TBH I'll pick up close quarters if they have assignments fr new weapons , play the new maps for a night and put them on blocked list then. I left COD behind and dont really fancy the idea of CQC maps for battlefield. I find they take a lot of skill out of the game for instance rushing the first MCOMS on bazar most times just devolves into people camping B , hell, sometimes entire teams in that box room! Notto mention the 1st set of M coms on Seine, B there is beyond a joke.

There is next to nothing a skilld team can do against that imo so the idea of more CQC maps isnt apealing but the assignments are. New weapons are grea and with the added bonus of giving me something more to work twords as I have unlocked everything else is good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

SeantheMan wrote: »
    But if DICE are late with their content, after releaseing the B2K not long after release, then to have all this additional content made (as well as fixing and patching the game in recent weeks / months) would have taken a while.

I understand that designing Caspian Border takes longer than say NukeTown but from a business perspective, I feel it would be better to get content out regularly and have some kind of scheduled DLC - we didn't even hear about these new packs until a month or so ago..EA's excuse? They're on holidays. Players need not complain about Close Quarters - if it's not your thing, no problem...just don't buy it. Wait for Armoured Kill (which will include the largest map DICE ever engineered). But variety is the spice of life so they say...

I'll pick it up and I'm looking forward to it - watching Ziba Tower get decimated cemented that. After CQ, it looks like September will drop AK and then god knows when we'll see End Game. If I was EA, I'd be getting these packages out asap before the BLOPS2 craze begins and this is lost in the year end madness which will see GTA5, Halo and whatever else manages to pop it's head up at E3. Then get the whole team over to BF Bad Company 3 due for release in 2013.

Can be related to team-balancing.
    If you are last to join a server , you are the first switched...and shows as Killed by Admin.

Also, if you were doing something against their rules (maybe flying solo)

Else the admin wanted a go in the chopper :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Had a game today in a rented server and got "killed by admin" while flying a heli. What is this? No one took a shot at me. :confused: Was i p1ssing someone off or whats the deal? Pritty stupid functionality to have in a game as it seems exploitable.

I'm not sure about the console, on the PC this usually happens when you are auto balanced by the server. Were you put onto the other team for your next spawn?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

First to 500 TDM is a strange way of doing things. They make for great matches but towards the end things tend to get rubbley and I bleed deaths trying to find somebody to kill. But during the middle when you're trying to get into this or that area and hold it it can be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Arawn wrote: »
    so....the heavy barrel dart glitch on the m26....
    This is making me rage lately. Any time I get killed by the M26, I know before the death screen comes up that he will have heavy barrel attached, so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Anyone ever changed their email address for EA? Why is it taking so ****ing long? It has been in a loading circle for 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Managed to change it. It has to be changed on a different screen. The screen I was using apparently has a dead link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

My biggest moan since the patch (which is great by the way!) is that there's so many rented servers that rotate game type. If I do a quick launch for rush, more often than not after one or two very enjoyable rounds of rush, I'll end up playing fcuking team deathmatch or something! :mad:

Yes I know you can get dedicated rush servers through server browser, but still!

First time its happened in a long time, but the TV missile still blowing up the chopper and teamkilling :( Thought they fixed that in the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Probably don't get this on PC as much, but NOBODY EVER TALKS on the xbox version. It makes the entire world of difference, when I can't communicate, I do alright for myself, but when I talk, I play insanely well. I got 60 kills as a chopper gunner in a standard game of conquest just by co-ordinating with the pilot on when to use flares and where the enemies are.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    First time its happened in a long time, but the TV missile still blowing up the chopper and teamkilling :( Thought they fixed that in the patch

Not had it happen to me in months tbh, and I'm constantly TVing and seat switching

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

What the hell??

I left this for a few months, noticed a 1.5gig patch was downloaded so started to play again.

Nothing but crash crash crash. Pathetic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Have you updated graphics drivers etc in those few months?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Yes, auto update enabled in Nvidia control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

i keep getting stuck on a loading screen after the nuke cut scene in paris in the campaign. anyone have this problem? any fixes? ps3.

Found the answer to my prayers: An enforced Microphone only server. 12 people FORCED to communicate, a good game is had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

So I finally got the TV Missile. :)

Does it anybody know if it's actually usable on console? Finding it absolutely impossible to fly. A slight movement of the stick does nothing and anything more than a slight movement sends it out of control. :rolleyes:

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    So I finally got the TV Missile. :)

Does it anybody know if it's actually usable on console? Finding it absolutely impossible to fly. A slight movement of the stick does nothing and anything more than a slight movement sends it out of control. :rolleyes:

Using it is a waste of your time tbh. You need to be lined up exactly with what you want to hit because, as you say, control is non existent. Any movement to attempt to control it and it'll fly high into the sky or crash and burn in the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheMonopolyGuy

I'm unsure about having user-run servers on the consoles.

(am playing on xbox 360)

- had the 'admin' kill me just so he could make room for his buddy in a chopper :rolleyes:
    - had the 'admin' kill me and make me change sides to his team because i was doing some nice aerial damage.

As of right now its only here and there. But I suspect knowing how you can just get alot of dickish teenagers on xbox live. Things will get worse:

Kill the admin a few times? get kicked.
    Want a tank or a jet? jump into it before him? get kicked.
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

(am playing on xbox 360)

- had the 'admin' kill me just so he could make room for his buddy in a chopper :rolleyes:
    - had the 'admin' kill me and make me change sides to his team because i was doing some nice aerial damage.

As of right now its only here and there. But I suspect knowing how you can just get alot of dickish teenagers on xbox live. Things will get worse:

etc.

Sure the other day my mate was kicked because he got twice the Admin's score with less than a quarter of the kills. The Admin kicked him and sent him a message about "hacking". My mate sent him back the Oxford Dictionary's definition of the word "objective". :pac:

I just ignore the player owned servers. Completely missed this until I had a reason to look for it but in Server Browser you can type in "DICE" to find official servers. They're usually always full but it's worth waiting a few minutes to get a game without the bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I didn't think they were too bad until yesterday, thrashing the opposition on a Conquest game when two thirds of the way through the game, everyone on my side got killed by Admin and when we respawned all the flags had changed to their side. GGrrr.
    Avoiding the owner of that server now!!!! And filed a review. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is there any way to filter out rented servers on console? Starting to get annoying now, some are good but most are ridiculously high ticketed games or the admins arent enforcing there rules (only came across 2 so far) 90% end up in a spawn raping aswell and games are usually half empty..

• Advertisement

(am playing on xbox 360)

etc.

Search for "No rules" in server browser then.

Advertisement