Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

kleefarr wrote: »
    I didn't think they were too bad until yesterday, thrashing the opposition on a Conquest game when two thirds of the way through the game, everyone on my side got killed by Admin and when we respawned all the flags had changed to their side. GGrrr.
    Avoiding the owner of that server now!!!! And filed a review. :mad:

That used to be a pc problem initially...what you'll find is people will stop going to those servers and eventually they'll die due to lack of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Blazer wrote: »
    That used to be a pc problem initially...what you'll find is people will stop going to those servers and eventually they'll die due to lack of interest.

Quick match.... I often don't pick a particular server, I just jump into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Playing Caspian Border CQ last night, I realised just how fragile tanks still are to skilled Heli pilots. One guy was dominating the map, killing all the tanks, in a single pass. No matter if you had 2 engis repairing you , they would die in the splash damage and you'd be a sitting duck. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Playing Caspian Border CQ last night, I realised just how fragile tanks still are to skilled Heli pilots. One guy was dominating the map, killing all the tanks, in a single pass. No matter if you had 2 engis repairing you , they would die in the splash damage and you'd be a sitting duck. So frustrating.

that's the way it is in reality though, a chopper should dominate the ground and air. The thing that's annoying me right now is the difficulty in taking out a heli with a jet, and the fact that they both have pretty much the same maximum altitude at which they can fly at. oh and the new gun 'balancing'. the shotgun by all means, get rid of them but don't make me waste 18rounds of a M416 to kill a guy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I learned that you either blow up the heli's or stay out of tanks.

Fully upgraded with a good pilot and most vehicles are very efective. Though few are better than a pilot+ gunner combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Guided shell one or twice and the chopper pilot will give up.

Or someone decent in the AA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

More than likely a sign of crap air support from your own side. If a chopper is giving your team that much of a problem then you rely on your jets and heli to take it down.
    T4RGET wrote: »
    don't make me waste 18rounds of a M416 to kill a guy :(

Aim for chest/neck area, burst fire of 5/6 shots, recoil will take your aim head height and you should finish him off with your next burst. 8-10 bullets per enemy usually. Gives you most of a magazine to take out the next threat without having to reload after each kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

IMO flare reload time in choppers needs to be extended, the way it usually goes is I lock on with AA missle (stinger or the likes), they release flares, I lock on again and hit, by the time the 3rd lock on occurs they have flares back and finally by the time I get the fourth lock the damage has repaired and its back to square 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Played a game last night in which the admin kicked me on to the other team because I took a heli he was waiting for. I made his match an absolute nightmare from then on, killing him nearly every 2 or 3 minutes before he banned me from the game. I'm starting to think there should be a special "****" test before allowing people to rent servers because the majority of them are complete and utter dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

hightower1 wrote: »
    IMO flare reload time in choppers needs to be extended, the way it usually goes is I lock on with AA missle (stinger or the likes), they release flares, I lock on again and hit, by the time the 3rd lock on occurs they have flares back and finally by the time I get the fourth lock the damage has repaired and its back to square 1.
    Flares don't break the lock?

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    More than likely a sign of crap air support from your own side. If a chopper is giving your team that much of a problem then you rely on your jets and heli to take it down.

Aim for chest/neck area, burst fire of 5/6 shots, recoil will take your aim head height and you should finish him off with your next burst. 8-10 bullets per enemy usually. Gives you most of a magazine to take out the next threat without having to reload after each kill.

that's another thing actually, before the balancing i could hit a guy on full auto from a fair distance, but now the recoil i near impossible to fight using the analogs, having said that i realise a real gun recoils, but real bullets also kill. I usually crouch whenever i fire to give me an accuracy boost so i tihnk ill have to 'train' my self to aim a tiny bit higher to get into centre mass.

Decryptor wrote: »
    Flares don't break the lock?

i'm not sure if you mean this in a way to ask the OP if his flares don't break it or you genuinely didn't know that's what they're used for. same with IR smoke, well supposedly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pilots shouldn't drop flares until the missile is in the air, at which point the engineer has to reload and reaquire his lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

hightower1 wrote: »
    The AA missile has 2 uses imo, if you get a hit it disables the heli, but it also scares the pilot away from the area. He knows that his flares will save him once on the first missile, but the flares won't recharge quickly enough to save him from the second.
    Iglas rarely will kill a competent pilot but they can make him move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I get more "Connection to EA Online was lost". Got that 5 times last night, resulting in 3 losses :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

The AA missile has 2 uses imo, if you get a hit it disables the heli, but it also scares the pilot away from the area. He knows that his flares will save him once on the first missile, but the flares won't recharge quickly enough to save him from the second.
    Iglas rarely will kill a competent pilot but they can make him move.

That's why you only fire missiles one at a time, so the first one wastes his flares, and when the flares fall, you fire the second one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

In a Jet, can I freelook AND maneuverat the same time?

If I press the freelook button it's disables the Jet controls.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Driving along full speed in a tank. You clip a rock and you twirl 360 degrees.

When you get wedged on something in a vehicle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Shove your rented servers up your hairy holes,such a load of bollox.
    Every few minutes tonight......."killed by admin"
    Wtf is this shìt all about??
    Can admins just randomly kill people whenever they want??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

This last assignement is slowely driving me insane!! The other 9 were grand and done em quick enough, still at this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I get more "Connection to EA Online was lost". Got that 5 times last night, resulting in 3 losses :rolleyes:
    Goway with yer descriptive error messages!

Best error message
    > Error: something went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Shove your rented servers up your hairy holes,such a load of bollox.
    Every few minutes tonight......."killed by admin"
    Wtf is this shìt all about??
    Can admins just randomly kill people whenever they want??

Depends why they're doing it. It will show that you have been killed by admin if they have decided to balance the teams mid-game. On the long ticket matches I sometimes have to do this as you have a team with 7 players and another with 12. Most times the guys seem to leave when I do it but it's not malicious.

There are only two instances when I would kick anyone; If they are constantly destroying air-support before anybody even gets into it or if they just wait in their spawn until a chopper or jet appears.

I get that the first instance is a legit tactic, and I don't really use choppers and jets that much for it to bother me, but lots of people want to have a go of them and it's ****ty if somebody is just camping in a heli above them smashing them before they can be taken out. I find the server empties when that starts to happen.

The second instance is just a case of people not having any interest in doing anything other than use air-support. **** off tbh, everybody wants a go, there's a game to be won and you do not have a monopoly on air-vehicles. Go buy your own server if you want to monopolise the chopper/jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Decryptor wrote: »
    Goway with yer descriptive error messages!

Best error message
    > Error: something went wrong

Myself and Fian have been getting it the past hour tonight.
    We are 4 (incl Shovel and Awesome) , we get disconnected the exact same time.
    The only thing in common is that we have Eircom, so it must be causing it somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Depends why they're doing it. It will show that you have been killed by admin if they have decided to balance the teams mid-game.
    That's fair enough I suppose but doing it a few times in the one game is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I get that the first instance is a legit tactic, and I don't really use choppers and jets that much for it to bother me, but lots of people want to have a go of them and it's ****ty if somebody is just camping in a heli above them smashing them before they can be taken out. I find the server empties when that starts to happen.

It's the team being stupid if that happens. There is an indestructible helo raping machine parked in every spawn, that you can spawn directly into.

If the team cant figure that out they don't deserve air support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

It's the team being stupid if that happens. There is an indestructible helo raping machine parked in every spawn, that you can spawn directly into.

If the team cant figure that out they don't deserve air support.

But... but... but... if I use the AA gun, I might miss the chopper spawn which just might get airborne! :(:(:(:(:(

*Sigh* Randoms. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

On a server last night, out stationary AA on Caspian (as russians) just kept destroying all Air vehicles we had, over and over as soon as they spawned :(

YLOD... great well there goes my BF3. get some study done i suppose :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

SeantheMan wrote: »
    On a server last night, out stationary AA on Caspian (as russians) just kept destroying all Air vehicles we had, over and over as soon as they spawned :(

I was on a server doing just that last night. Apologies if it was the same game. My team, despite holding all flags, was constantly being killed on the runway by two spawnkilling cowards. I was destroying empty vehicles so noone would spawn into death inbetween me putting rounds into the incoming jets. Only did it two or three times though.

Basically I was frustrated that I had to sit and watch as our jets took off and died within a minute, and nobody paid a blind bit of notice to my AA gun. All I really want is for teammates to realise if they're in the air, and in trouble with two spawncampers on their tail, and I'm in the AA - please just fly a spiral over my head so I can help. Much better than doing loop-de-loops in flames over the other team's spawn.

Advertisement