Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

raze wrote: »
    I was on a server doing just that last night. Apologies if it was the same game. My team, despite holding all flags, was constantly being killed on the runway by two spawnkilling cowards. I was destroying empty vehicles so noone would spawn into death inbetween me putting rounds into the incoming jets. Only did it two or three times though.

Basically I was frustrated that I had to sit and watch as our jets took off and died within a minute, and nobody paid a blind bit of notice to my AA gun. All I really want is for teammates to realise if they're in the air, and in trouble with two spawncampers on their tail, and I'm in the AA - please just fly a spiral over my head so I can help. Much better than doing loop-de-loops in flames over the other team's spawn.

Agreed. I know people think that the AA gun is the best way to take these guys out but when there is two jets and a chopper, sometimes two if they've stolen yours, it's very hard to combat.

Just had a game like that on my server. Had a few guys from this platoon in there:

Eagle 100 Club

It wasn't a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

We had the most amazing Hacker last night on a server

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HotIllIIIllstats/stats/375827712/

He got in the Amtrac and proceeded to kill everybody in the map with 1 shot, regardless of where you were. You could be inside a building hiding behind walls, immediately dead, it was hillarious :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

SeantheMan wrote: »
    We had the most amazing Hacker last night on a server

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HotIllIIIllstats/stats/375827712/

He got in the Amtrac and proceeded to kill everybody in the map with 1 shot, regardless of where you were. You could be inside a building hiding behind walls, immediately dead, it was hillarious :P

his stats. are all over the place, with 10% accuracy he gets killed ~250 times and yet is able to kill nearly 2000 players? how?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

That chap was amazing! I also see that he has changed his name, ha probs thinks it will stop his account getting banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, whats the story with stinger and strela now? did they nerfed its range or something? damn thing just dont lock on. damn hely was cicling around me and i could not get a lock on at all, and it wasnt that far away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Lads, whats the story with stinger and strela now? did they nerfed its range or something? damn thing just dont lock on. damn hely was cicling around me and i could not get a lock on at all, and it wasnt that far away from me.

Yeah you have to be almost underneath it at this stage to get a lock on.If the pilot has ECM on and the gunner has flares its almost impossible to take down choppers now. Pretty much the only way now is to get 2 or 3 people to coordinate the AA missiles because you haven't got much of a chance on your own.

It depends if the heli or jet has below radar and stealth I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

5uspect wrote: »
    It depends if the heli or jet has below radar and stealth I'd say.

90% certain the Below Radar only affects air-to-air missiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    90% certain the Below Radar only affects air-to-air missiles.

I hoped that were true, but I struggled to get a lock on a low flying chopper (came in just over the top of the water) on Wake with an IGLA.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I hoped that were true, but I struggled to get a lock on a low flying chopper (came in just over the top of the water) on Wake with an IGLA.

Pretty certain that you can no longer lock up a low flying chopper with the stinger\igla anymore. I'm sure that I read that this was the case a while back. I have also not been able to get a lock on them since the patch if they are around 2 storey building height or below.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Pretty certain that you can no longer lock up a low flying chopper with the stinger\igla anymore. I'm sure that I read that this was the case a while back. I have also not been able to get a lock on them since the patch if they are around 2 storey building height or below.

You are right, the choppers have to be a certain height off the ground before you can lock on. I makes taking out at skilled crew a nightmare. Last night on Wake conquest, this one crew in the Viper were bitchslapping everyone that spawned between C, D and E. They were clever enough to fly so low so no one could get lock on. They used to base rape the AA too but there was nothing sweeter than getting into it quickly and taking them out in a few seconds with the cannon.

Also really impressed with a team I played against last night. They set up a soflam on the hill between A and B on Wake and had 2 engineers with Javelins and a support supplying ammo. The pretty much could take out any vechile on the map from it's spawn point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

from battlefield blog
    The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.

Horray!
    Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.
    Boooo!! isnt this counter to being able to mount an effective close range point defense against helicopters and f35s?
    annoys the ****e out of me, particularily last night on the IRL clan server where there were 2 Us attach choppers, 1 huey and an f35 all racking up kill after kill flying below radar and me and a team mate might as well have been throwing stones at them.
    Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
    Ahhh so the best anti aircraft weapons are not anti aircraft weapons at all...got it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

i think it's all part of a move to make snipers more useful with the soflam/guided shell/javelin combo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Got killed by an admin for 'base raping' when I was in a jet taking out a heli which retreated back to their base. it was still firing at me so it was hardly one sided anyway.

they need to being in an 'avoid server' option.

Or a server ranking system like in TF2.
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2338

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

some_dose wrote: »
    Also really impressed with a team I played against last night. They set up a soflam on the hill between A and B on Wake and had 2 engineers with Javelins and a support supplying ammo. The pretty much could take out any vechile on the map from it's spawn point.

One thing that annoys me about a situation like that is if I'm in a tank, and I work out where the SOFLAM is - I switch to guided shell and lock onto it. But many times the guided shell (without laser lock on) flies toward the target, but fails to connect.

I don't mind missing MAVs with the guided shell, but the SOFLAM is a static target. I just want to be able to hit the thing, and I don't mind if it requires me to keep the lock on steady, indisposing me, long after the shell is away so long as it eventually hits it, top down from height.

Watching guided shells angle toward a target then impact somewhere 20 yards away for no good reason is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

raze wrote: »
    One thing that annoys me about a situation like that is if I'm in a tank, and I work out where the SOFLAM is - I switch to guided shell and lock onto it. But many times the guided shell (without laser lock on) flies toward the target, but fails to connect.

I don't mind missing MAVs with the guided shell, but the SOFLAM is a static target. I just want to be able to hit the thing, and I don't mind if it requires me to keep the lock on steady, indisposing me, long after the shell is away so long as it eventually hits it, top down from height.

Watching guided shells angle toward a target then impact somewhere 20 yards away for no good reason is very frustrating.

I completely forgot that I could use the MAV to destroy the SOFLAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anybody else keep spawning facing the wrong way??
    As in facing a wall with your back to everything or in a corner where you turn left into a wall,turn right into a wall.
    It's so disorientating and you're easy meat for anybody that happens to be around.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Anybody else keep spawning facing the wrong way??
    As in facing a wall with your back to everything or in a corner where you turn left into a wall,turn right into a wall.
    It's so disorientating and you're easy meat for anybody that happens to be around.

yes, and i automatically run in the direction that i think is the objective onyl to find out im running in the opposite direction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

T4RGET wrote: »
    yes, and i automatically run in the direction that i think is the objective onyl to find out im running in the opposite direction
    :D I get that all the time on metro.The platforms can be a bit confusing.
    I seem to be spawning facing a wall a lot lately and it takes a few seconds to find your bearings,if you're spawning on a squad member with enemies around you're a bit fecked.

I really wish there was some kind of intuitive system that when there is a piece of rubble on the ground or a one foot high kerb, if you run into it twice, you just auto-move over it. The amount of times I have felt like smashing my controller off a wall when my player gets stumped by piece of fuselage or a tree branch.......

cambo2008 wrote: »
    :D I get that all the time on metro.The platforms can be a bit confusing.
    I seem to be spawning facing a wall a lot lately and it takes a few seconds to find your bearings,if you're spawning on a squad member with enemies around you're a bit fecked.

yeah especially happens on metro :P

I really wish there was some kind of intuitive system that when there is a piece of rubble on the ground or a one foot high kerb, if you run into it twice, you just auto-move over it. The amount of times I have felt like smashing my controller off a wall when my player gets stumped by piece of fuselage or a tree branch.......

I've never had that happen, usually walk around it :rolleyes:

T4RGET wrote: »
    yeah especially happens on metro :P

I've never had that happen, usually know which way I'm going :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Any Seine Crossing or Grand Bazaar I play when I feel like some no-vehicle, intense infantry action is filled with M26 glitchers. They don't even use their primary weapon, just the M26.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Played a few hours on 360 tonight ....god it's a completely different game (not for the better)
    The type of player is different too, because they don't seem to be subject to abuse (you can't type or call on admins etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Played a few hours on 360 tonight ....god it's a completely different game (not for the better)
    The type of player is different too, because they don't seem to be subject to abuse (you can't type or call on admins etc)

I know what you mean.Some of the console players are clueless.I was trying to get ammo from one guy on ps3 for 10 minutes.Even sent him a message and he didnt do it.People seemed more clued in on Pc . Even though PC is tougher I prefer it

I've never had that happen, usually know which way I'm going :rolleyes:

touché my friend touché..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

If you're stupid enough to park our AA outside of their spawn like a dick, then end up losing it to their side, your ONLY job is to get it back or destroy it. the amount of times ive played on a map and the enemy has both mobile AA's is ridiculous.

****ing twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Tea_Bag wrote: »

they need to being in an 'avoid server' option.

Yep, would be nice. In the meantime I just go to 'Server Owner' and block them.

Advertisement