Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I'm curious - How many millions play BF3 multiplayer on the 360? Was looking around online and couldn't find any numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm curious - How many millions play BF3 multiplayer on the 360? Was looking around online and couldn't find any numbers.

Not sure what the max was but there's around 67000 on right now.

http://bf3stats.com/
    Hi all ! I invite are to site with links to Football Transmissions in HD ! freetransmission.weebly.com

Seems legit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

i miss the overpoweredness of USAS-12 Frags :) It was hilarious.
    MAV killing drives me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

conor360 wrote: »
    i miss the overpoweredness of USAS-12 Frags :) It was hilarious.
    MAV killing drives me mental

*Facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Fed up with people putting DICE in their server names. It's hard enough to find a server thats actually playable without having to check if it's really DICE or not. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Fed up with people putting DICE in their server names. It's hard enough to find a server thats actually playable without having to check if it's really DICE or not. :mad:

I went into a "DICE" Caspian server yesterday. Absolutely everything in the server's name indicated that it was a dice server, it even had one of those server ID numbers. As the game was loading, still looked like a proper server, but as soon as I spawned, a list of server rules appeared. C*nt! Not to mention that the teams were completely unbalanced. All the high ranking colonels on one team whilst the noobs and unknowing-what-server-they-clicked-into were spawn camped

:mad: Went back on BF3 to find my six favourite servers (all DICE) have vanished from my Favourites list! :confused: Now I can't find a single actual DICE server. I did, however, find several hundred claiming to be DICE servers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

:mad: Went back on BF3 to find my six favourite servers (all DICE) have vanished from my Favourites list! :confused: Now I can't find a single actual DICE server. I did, however, find several hundred claiming to be DICE servers. :rolleyes:

click on it the server, like the infromation and it should say who owns the server

T4RGET wrote: »
    click on it the server, like the infromation and it should say who owns the server

Yeah, I know about that. That's my problem. They all claim to be DICE servers but none of them have DICE under the Owner tab. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know about that. That's my problem. They all claim to be DICE servers but none of them have DICE under the Owner tab. :rolleyes:

Oh. try search? AFAIK, you can search by server owner.

• Advertisement

Oh. try search? AFAIK, you can search by server owner.

I don't think so, at least not on console. I can only see a search bar that brings up results on server names. Typing in "-[DICE]-" brings up 55 servers. Only 2 of those are actually DICE servers but they're no good to me as they're based in Asia and the lag is horrible.

Thanks anyway.

I don't think so, at least not on console. I can only see a search bar that brings up results on server names. Typing in "-[DICE]-" brings up 55 servers. Only 2 of those are actually DICE servers but they're no good to me as they're based in Asia and the lag is horrible.

Thanks anyway.

I play on PS3 but it broke a few days ago so can't really mess around and see if it comes up, i have two original Dice servers saved, one is always empty but the other is usually full at this time, both based in US, but I have my network set up on a US DNS, helps a bit with the lag i found

I play on PS3 but it broke a few days ago so can't really mess around and see if it comes up, i have two original Dice servers saved, one is always empty but the other is usually full at this time, both based in US, but I have my network set up on a US DNS, helps a bit with the lag i found

I had 6 European DICE servers saved but they all just disappeared from my favourites. :rolleyes:

All I've found since is Asian and Australian DICE servers. I occasional get awful lag on European servers so servers that far out aren't even an option to be honest. Tried once, never again.

I had 6 European DICE servers saved but they all just disappeared from my favourites. :rolleyes:

All I've found since is Asian and Australian DICE servers. I occasional get awful lag on European servers so servers that far out aren't even an option to be honest. Tried once, never again.

hmm very strange, one of my favourite ones is 'best new BF3 servers' its on the ps3, its 24/7 op. metro conquest, the most hectic games ive ever played, good 2 hours long usually too

good 2 hours long usually too

If I wanted two hour long games, I'd be playing any old rented server. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I found on the Battlelog forum that typing in "PRGM" on the search bar will give you UK-based EA servers. Solid connection and the rules are standard. :) No mixed game modes, hardcore or B2K maps though. Guess it'll do. :(

If I wanted two hour long games, I'd be playing any old rented server. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I found on the Battlelog forum that typing in "PRGM" on the search bar will give you UK-based EA servers. Solid connection and the rules are standard. :) No mixed game modes, hardcore or B2K maps though. Guess it'll do. :(

PRGM? now that is handy to know, taking note of that :)

Freezes, reload. Black screen, reload. Freezes on load screen, reload. Freezes on menu, almost fcuk game disc out the window...

I'm tempted to try and rent another copy just to try and see if my game is buggered, but a few friends have had a lot of freezes since it came out. Fcuked if I'm playing again for a while, new maps will probably be the next time I try and play it, sick of it.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Freezes, reload. Black screen, reload. Freezes on load screen, reload. Freezes on menu, almost fcuk game disc out the window...

I'm tempted to try and rent another copy just to try and see if my game is buggered, but a few friends have had a lot of freezes since it came out. Fcuked if I'm playing again for a while, new maps will probably be the next time I try and play it, sick of it.

what are you playing it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

That used to happen me ALOT on the PC, but a clean installation seemed to fix it for now anyway..

what are you playing it on?

PS3. I'm convinced BF3 is going to break it sooner or later

• Advertisement

PS3. I'm convinced BF3 is going to break it sooner or later

BF3 does demand a good bit, not half as much as Skyrim I'd imagine though. try reinstalling it? I know A LOT of people with BF3 on PS3 and none of them have that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Im having loads more lockups (my favourite one is just as a game ends) and a few more lost connection to sessions after the patch on 360 :(

Someone at DICE needs a good kick up the hole! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was having a look through the dogtags I've taken the other day and saw that I'd taken two golden dogtags, one for 100 star recon and another for 100 service stars in jets.

Decided to check out how many hours these sad individuals must have played to get this as I didn't think it was possible at this stage. Their pages showed that they had barely reached colonel, had only played around 100 hours and the jets guy had never got a kill in a jet.

The thing is, when I check their dogtags, they have a normal, attainable dogtag and the 100 service star tags do not show up in their dogtags section. Anyone else seen this? Are the players themselves somehow glitching this or is it the game itself ****ing up?

Here's the link to my dogtag page if anyone wants to see it:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Swearengen%20A/dogtags/291942801/xbox/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

M26 dart is the new USAS frag.Pain in my ass.
    I've never used it myself.Is it a one shot kill every time?
    Seems to get me in one from any sort of distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Somebody said to me a while ago that it does 12 times the damage of one bullet of whatever gun you are using it with underslung. Haven't really checked it up but if that's correct, it's a one-hit kill death ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Was having a look through the dogtags I've taken the other day and saw that I'd taken two golden dogtags, one for 100 star recon and another for 100 service stars in jets.

Decided to check out how many hours these sad individuals must have played to get this as I didn't think it was possible at this stage. Their pages showed that they had barely reached colonel, had only played around 100 hours and the jets guy had never got a kill in a jet.

The thing is, when I check their dogtags, they have a normal, attainable dogtag and the 100 service star tags do not show up in their dogtags section. Anyone else seen this? Are the players themselves somehow glitching this or is it the game itself ****ing up?

Here's the link to my dogtag page if anyone wants to see it:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Swearengen%20A/dogtags/291942801/xbox/
    They might have gotten their stats reset for boosting but maybe a glitch let them keep their tags?
    You really like Mr Knifey don't you? :pac:

Also just noticed the QBU-88 5 star tags must be buggey too, you have 29 and I have 21 but theres no way I've taken that many and there's maybe a handful of times I've gotten killed by it :confused:

That's a bit much in all fairness.
    Was playing Metro last night and one fella had me 17-14 and every single one was with the M26 dart.
    He finished with 156 kills and it wouldn't surprise me if they were all with it.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    That's a bit much in all fairness.
    Was playing Metro last night and one fella had me 17-14 and every single one was with the M26 dart.
    He finished with 156 kills and it wouldn't surprise me if they were all with it.

There was a lad I used to play with who complained about me and others using the MAV, which wasn't even bugged, ran into him during a match last night and he was running round with the M26 all game long. Decided to check out his stats and the M26 is his most used gun, with 1400+ kills and plays Metro conquest 1000 ticket games almost exclusively.

Gotta love hypocrites eh? :rolleyes:

There was a lad I used to play with who complained about me and others using the MAV, which wasn't even bugged, ran into him during a match last night and he was running round with the M26 all game long. Decided to check out his stats and the M26 is his most used gun, with 1400+ kills and plays Metro conquest 1000 ticket games almost exclusively.

Gotta love hypocrites eh? :rolleyes:
    :D I will admit to being a bit like that myself.I sometimes resort to the "if you cant beat them join them" tactics.
    The USAS frags annoyed me so much I just used to seek out the bastards and frag the shìt out of them myself.

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    :D I will admit to being a bit like that myself.I sometimes resort to the "if you cant beat them join them" tactics.
    The USAS frags annoyed me so much I just used to seek out the bastards and frag the shìt out of them myself.

Wouldn't even bother me if it hadn't been the fact that he was so blatantly against using that something that was what he called 'game breaking' then he goes and uses an aim and shoot laser cannon.

With regards to USAS frags, I never saw the point in using them. Always ended up suiciding more often than not, so stuck to the buckshot. The Famas on the other hand, I will use to get retribution.

Advertisement