Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

They might have gotten their stats reset for boosting but maybe a glitch let them keep their tags?
    This makes sense, but their tags don't show as the ones I took. It's weird. Seems more like a game glitch to me.
    You really like Mr Knifey don't you? :pac:
    To the detriment to my god-awful k/d. :pac: Knife; then die, knife; then die.
    Also just noticed the QBU-88 5 star tags must be buggey too, you have 29 and I have 21 but theres no way I've taken that many and there's maybe a handful of times I've gotten killed by it :confused:
    I reckon that's legit. QBU is a sniper rifle. Snipers camp. Campers are easy prey for the discerning tag-taking gentleman. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Yes, Battlefield, I was serious when I spent 15 minutes changing my kits. Please stop resetting them to my settings from before said changes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Yes, Battlefield, I was serious when I spent 15 minutes changing my kits. Please stop resetting them to my settings from before said changes. :mad:

Delete your saved game. That will stop that from happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can someone tell me what way the connections to these servers work.
    Why does it take me sometimes 3 shots of an M26 dart to kill someone and I die in 1 every time.

I've just headshot a lad with it from not all that far away and he turns around and kills me with 91% health left.
    Not long before that I got another lad point blank in the chest and he had 50% left.
    I feel at a massive disadvantage every time I play this game.

I only ever use servers where I have a 5 bar connection so why does it feel like I'm lagging so far behind almost all the time??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Have you the barrell attachment on your assult rifle while using the the M26 dart?

• Advertisement

Have you the barrell attachment on your assult rifle while using the the M26 dart?
    RDS,foregrip and suppressor if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

cambo2008 wrote: »
    RDS,foregrip and suppressor if that makes any difference.
    The glitch only works with heavy barrell and underslug rail.

Decryptor wrote: »
    The glitch only works with heavy barrell and underslug rail.
    Ah right,I didn't know it was a glitch.
    I just thought it was ridiculously overpowered.
    Still though,I'm pretty sure connection issues are f**king me over most of the time.

Every once in a while I get in a game where it takes literally half the shots to kill someone.
    It's like a totally different game to me.
    I'm fed up of emptying clips into people and them running off.....

Lag problems can occur despite 5 bars if your Internet drops out for a second or if there are other players on the server who shouldn't be there (i.e. People based in Australia playing on European servers, etc.)

And yes, the M26 is only a Kill-button if you have it underslung with Heavy Barrel. When you use it that way, the pellets take on the damage of the main rifle's bullets. So it's like hitting somebody with a dozen or more bullets from your main rifle all at once rather than the shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LCgonnakillme

I have a HDMI cable (always have) and my picture has always been perfect. But now when i go on to battlefield it looks like a puny scart cable :/ where's my beloved HD gone? :( the playstation menu is in HD then the game looks like it has been vomited onto the screen.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

I have a HDMI cable (always have) and my picture has always been perfect. But now when i go on to battlefield it looks like a puny scart cable :/ where's my beloved HD gone? :( the playstation menu is in HD then the game looks like it has been vomited onto the screen.

Any suggestions?

Get yourself a Pc and join us l33ts on craggy island :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Any suggestions?

Would you have changed the resolution from 720 to 1080? I think the max it can display is 720 so if you change it to 1080 it will just return back to 480.I used to have the same problem aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Hi all,

Im new to BF3, was given it yesterday by a friend who got it and never played.

I have it for ps3, i have authorised the online reg thing with the code from the leaflet..

But now i try to get a game online and it keeps saying "failed to join game, check network connection" - there's nothing wrong with my network settings, my NAT is open as far as I can tell..

Very frustrating can anybody tell me where im going wrong?

(Sorry if wrong thread, im kinda bitching i suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi I had that problem as well and turned out it was a problem with the Vodafone mobile broadband router I was using and tried the mobile hotspot on my iPhone that was on 3 and it worked fine. I spent three days in limbo

Cheers for the reply, im actually using eircom bb 8mb,

I play cod, fifa 2012 and GT5 online all the time with no major issues, this game will not do anything for me though..

Ive tried both wireless and wired connection and it's made no difference.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Hi all,

Im new to BF3, was given it yesterday by a friend who got it and never played.

I have it for ps3, i have authorised the online reg thing with the code from the leaflet..

But now i try to get a game online and it keeps saying "failed to join game, check network connection" - there's nothing wrong with my network settings, my NAT is open as far as I can tell..

Very frustrating can anybody tell me where im going wrong?

(Sorry if wrong thread, im kinda bitching i suppose)

The problem is probably your nat, I used to have eircom and used this trick to get nat 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

If that doesnt work then try and get the ps3 on the dmz part of your router, I'm no expert and could barely figure it out for myself on upc so you're on your own there but google is your best friend.

@Brian,

You genious :D

Worked a treat, thank you very much!

I thought I had it done before, but forgot I had the ps3 set up on lots of different networks since!

Yaay now I can play,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

WTF is up with punkbuster??

Im getting kicked every second game or so.

Had to take a break from playing BF3 for a few months as i was renovating my house and since I came back Im being kicked from games all the time!!

Whats going on???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

you might wanna check it for updates.

use the website instead of the in built checker one for the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

danniemcq wrote: »
    you might wanna check it for updates.

use the website instead of the in built checker one for the latest version.

Cheers pal!

Seems to have worked a treat.

• Advertisement

Input lag has increased for me :confused::confused: :mad:
    Every game is the same,more or less unplayable now.
    It's always been there but due to various attempts to fix it and me adapting to it,I could barely notice it over the last few months.

The aiming was always a little "floaty" but up until now it never had a noticeable effect when firing.
    Here's a quick video I just shot on the phone so apologies for the quality but you get the idea.
    Settings are all the same as always on tv and game so I don't know what's going on.

THE RHIB BOAT IS NOT AN AA WEAPON, YOU ASS!

*Deep breaths*

Now I've got that off my chest, has anybody here been killed by somebody for an unexplained reason? At the start of that game I was capturing an objective and it just popped up "Player X KILLED Zomg_Okay" randomly. I was in a corner so nobody shot me in the back and it was a DICE server so it wasn't a douchey admin. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

THE RHIB BOAT IS NOT AN AA WEAPON, YOU ASS!

*Deep breaths*

Now I've got that off my chest, has anybody here been killed by somebody for an unexplained reason? At the start of that game I was capturing an objective and it just popped up "Player X KILLED Zomg_Okay" randomly. I was in a corner so nobody shot me in the back and it was a DICE server so it wasn't a douchey admin. Any ideas?
    Lucky mortar shot maybe?
    If you fire a shell and then exit before it lands it seems to say "killed"

Lucky mortar shot maybe?
    If you fire a shell and then exit before it lands it seems to say "killed"

As likely as anything I suppose. :P There was no cover over my head so it's certainly a possibility. Can't remember an explosion though. No killcam 'cause it was HC. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Input lag has increased for me :confused::confused: :mad:
    Every game is the same,more or less unplayable now.
    It's always been there but due to various attempts to fix it and me adapting to it,I could barely notice it over the last few months.

The aiming was always a little "floaty" but up until now it never had a noticeable effect when firing.
    Here's a quick video I just shot on the phone so apologies for the quality but you get the idea.
    Settings are all the same as always on tv and game so I don't know what's going on.

reset your router and re connect your console to your network, then make sure you have nat type two, after that, if it still doesn't work. I use DNS settings which apparently makes my ps3 think it's in the US, haven't looked into it too much but my games seems to run smoother :)
    change your primary DNS to 208.122.23.22 and your secondary to 208.122.23.23.

that worked a treat for me :) try it and let me know although if you don't have NAT type 2 or 1 it may be best to start there.

As likely as anything I suppose. :P There was no cover over my head so it's certainly a possibility. Can't remember an explosion though. No killcam 'cause it was HC. Oh well.

this happens to me every now and again, i personally think it DICE's fail safe to stop glitching, i get it when ever i try to jump over awkward obstacles or lag a bit and end up running into a wall/corner.
    my guess is the server thinks you're trying to glitch and kills you. thats my thoughts on it anyways :)

T4RGET wrote: »
    [reset your router and re connect your console to your network, then make sure you have nat type two, after that, if it still doesn't work. I use DNS settings which apparently makes my ps3 think it's in the US, haven't looked into it too much but my games seems to run smoother :)
    change your primary DNS to 208.122.23.22 and your secondary to 208.122.23.23.

that worked a treat for me :) try it and let me know although if you don't have NAT type 2 or 1 it may be best to start there.
    Thats all connection based and pretty much irrelevant to input lag.
    The problem lies in the time it takes for the game to register the action on the controller.
    There will always be some input lag due to monitors and televisions but it will go unnoticed most of the time.

I have an open NAT and I use US DNS settings most of the time for Netflix anyway but that lowers both download and upload speeds anyway so I don't see how it could help.

It's an issue with the game itself or their servers,it doesn't happen on any other game I own.
    Dropping the resolution to 576p does help but apart from looking terrible,especially on big maps,it doesn't fully fix it either.
    Dice f**ked up with it and can't fix it but it seems to have got worse lately.

Thats all connection based and pretty much irrelevant to input lag.
    The problem lies in the time it takes for the game to register the action on the controller.
    There will always be some input lag due to monitors and televisions but it will go unnoticed most of the time.

I have an open NAT and I use US DNS settings most of the time for Netflix anyway but that lowers both download and upload speeds anyway so I don't see how it could help.

It's an issue with the game itself or their servers,it doesn't happen on any other game I own.
    Dropping the resolution to 576p does help but apart from looking terrible,especially on big maps,it doesn't fully fix it either.
    Dice f**ked up with it and can't fix it but it seems to have got worse lately.

strange. I've never heard of that. ever try resetting the controller? not sure if that will be of use either though but tbh what is there to lose?

T4RGET wrote: »
    [strange. I've never heard of that. ever try resetting the controller? not sure if that will be of use either though but tbh what is there to lose?
    I'll give it a go but I don't hold out much hope for it.As I said it doesn't happen in any other games so I doubt the controller had anything to do with it.

It's a well known issue,especially on PS3.It just seems to have gotten noticeably worse for me lately.

Never even knew you could reset the controller on a PS3 until now :D

• Advertisement

I'll give it a go but I don't hold out much hope for it.As I said it doesn't happen in any other games so I doubt the controller had anything to do with it.

It's a well known issue,especially on PS3.It just seems to have gotten noticeably worse for me lately.

Never even knew you could reset the controller on a PS3 until now :D

get a needle and press it into the hole in the back of the controller :) it's a very strange issue though, wonder what would cause it. does it happen in campaign?

Advertisement