Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Input lag is often caused by vsync, which is used to prevent screen tear. Try playing Dead Space on PC with it turned on. ugh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

T4RGET wrote: »
    get a needle and press it into the hole in the back of the controller :) it's a very strange issue though, wonder what would cause it. does it happen in campaign?
    Yea it does happen on campaign too.
    It's gone back to the way it has been now :)
    So it's not nearly as noticeable as in the video,still not perfect but I'll live with it.
    I'll give it a proper go tonight,it's sinful to be sitting in playing games on a day like this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

T4RGET wrote: »
    this happens to me every now and again, i personally think it DICE's fail safe to stop glitching, i get it when ever i try to jump over awkward obstacles or lag a bit and end up running into a wall/corner.
    my guess is the server thinks you're trying to glitch and kills you. thats my thoughts on it anyways :)

It's a good suggestion but I wouldn't go with it in this case as a player was credited with my death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    It's a good suggestion but I wouldn't go with it in this case as a player was credited with my death.

then my only other explanation is that he is... awesome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Banned from another server for reasons unknown. Don't use mass, don't use shotguns, don't snipe. I was using the p90, went 6-0 at the beginning of a game and capped a couple of flags, then banned. Annoying.

• Advertisement

Rush, Damavad, first set of MCOMS. Saved the life of a team-mate with my L96. A few seconds later he armed (and destroyed) 'B'. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't saved his life. And I did it the whole hero act, covering his attack, while some eejit in my squad stood over me emptying his LMG into the air to let everybody know where to find a Recon soldier "not playing the objective". :rolleyes:

I mean, fine, Recon soldiers have a bad reputation because of the amount of players who see "Recon" and read "Sniper". Still extremely hypocritical to take time out from the objective to harass a guy for doing the same though. Funnier when the guy you're harassing is playing the objective in his own way. :rolleyes:

TBF, the amount of times you see someone go 15-1 and still come bottom of the leaderboard means people presume you aren't doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

this is why I hate playing alone..

4 squads in my team.. 2 of which are full.. (rush)

The other 2 squads only contain 2 other players so I join 1 squad.. Both are sniping, miles away from the mCOMs... A handful of kills each..

Leave and join the other squad.. Same fecking thing except these two are buddies and are side by side, lying down sniping bragging every 5 ins when they get a kill! boasting how their K/D is so good!

I like playing recon purly because of the moblie spawn point! Its such a powerful tool!! Get behind enemy lines put it down and bang.. Your whole squad is able to flank the enemy!! I feel playing recon is bit of a sacrifice as the weapons just aint as powerful or flexible but can win the game easily with a quality spawn point placement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

PLaying Conquest on Gulf of Oman last night. When i joined we were 200 tickets down with no bases taken, another 2guys joined same time and we got in the same tank took out all the heli's and a couple of jets and took every base. Then lay mines down and had a few Jihady jeeps aswell and took out all the armour.

We totally turned it around and were winning roughly 270-120 when the two guys in my squad left and i got hopped into another squad with three snipers who just st at the top of the highrise in D and tried taking potshots. Ended up loosing by about 15 pts because they wouldnt play the objective. They wouldnt even try and take D, just sat at the top of the high rise trying to pop lads over at A, their scores and kills were ridicolous, I ended up MVP but majooorly pished off as anytime i tried to take a flag i was totally outnumbered..grrr

TBF, the amount of times you see someone go 15-1 and still come bottom of the leaderboard means people presume you aren't doing anything.

That's fair enough, I've gotten angry at my fair share of Recon soldiers too. I try to give them a chance though, because you just don't know if they're being good little Recon soldiers or idiot snipers. What annoyed me wasn't really the harassing but the fact that he stopped playing the objective to give out to someone apparently doing the same.

Poor guy didn't know what to think when I realised I didn't have a clear shot for protecting the MCOM and sprinted down the mountain towards it with my pistol out. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That's fair enough, I've gotten angry at my fair share of Recon soldiers too. I try to give them a chance though, because you just don't know if they're being good little Recon soldiers or idiot snipers. What annoyed me wasn't really the harassing but the fact that he stopped playing the objective to give out to someone apparently doing the same.

Poor guy didn't know what to think when I realised I didn't have a clear shot for protecting the MCOM and sprinted down the mountain towards it with my pistol out. :rolleyes:

Pft, you need the Scoped .44 Magnum. No need for running with that :p

I'd say he prob thought, finally.. he got the message!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Have had a fair few annoying games with camping idiots on my team recently too, I just can't see how sitting in far far away land is even 10% as much fun as charging guns blazing between objectives :confused:

Now that I think about it have had to rage quit some games recently just because my team was so incredibly stupid, best example is a map like Karkand CQA attacking side where they keep attacking A.
    The whole enemy team is defending A.
    We lose.
    :mad:

What I don't understand is how people cannot look at their mini map.... so many times I've someone spotted and a team mate runs past them, or spotted someone C4ing a tank and they stay inside.

Also struggle to understand why some people have trouble burning flags in conquest. They stand a mile outside the burn zone and I'm stuck there trying to take it myself

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just tried to play a few games there but to no avail. 2 days of bull**** lag now. Grand with any other game but BF3 has been a complete and utter joke.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

aaronh007 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how people cannot look at their mini map.... so many times I've someone spotted and a team mate runs past them, or spotted someone C4ing a tank and they stay inside.

Also struggle to understand why some people have trouble burning flags in conquest. They stand a mile outside the burn zone and I'm stuck there trying to take it myself

Besides us 2 and a couple of others that we play with, spotting is completely pointless I find now. I still do it all the time as you know, but you just can't depend on randoms to look at their mini map every once in awhile. Amazing how, what... 8 or 9 months in and people still play like idiots.

I just hate it when you try spot something and it doesnt work.. you just get that dud click sound..

whats that about??

also, has anyone ever had the problem whereby when:

you and the enemy come face to face.. and now, I know I've unleashed enough bullets to kill him (most of a clip used) and turned away and began to reload and the guy I thought I had just eliminated kills me

Killcam thing pops up after I'm dead it says he has 0% health... 0%!!

I was well confused.. nobody else around to revive him and happened way to fast for aything else to happen..

This ever happen often?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

-Ade- wrote: »
    Just tried to play a few games there but to no avail. 2 days of bull**** lag now. Grand with any other game but BF3 has been a complete and utter joke.

I think BF3 has more than one kind of lag. As well as the inefficient netcode - which can actually be seen from time to time when flying jets because you get constant stutter and your plane is in 3 different locations simultaneously, making flying at ground level pretty unpredictable.

Couple that with dodgy matchmaking - if you do a search in server browser and find a server with DICE in the name, well, remember that filter you set to only show you European servers? Doesn't apply to text search results. Very easy to jump into a game 7 time zones away without realising.

Finally, the non-network server lag. Thanks to the rent-a-server system now games of conquest can be 1000+ ticket affairs. Great. Except this leads to games going on much longer than originally planned for. Check the battlelogs of games that last 90 minutes or more - over the course of a game 30 or 40 people might pass through the server - and battlelog records each of their scores whether they started, finished, or played a bit in the middle. Which is well and good, but when these marathon games get down to maybe 300 tickets left between the teams the whole system lags. If I join a high ticket game late graphics textures don't load on the map - network lag doesn't cause that. Hop in a tank and try and drive in a straight line and it stutters along, much like a lagged jet.

I don't know what causes it, I don't have a theory for it - just the strong suspicion that resources are oversubcribed because somehow people think a long crap game is better than 4 high quality ones.

Furthermore, high ticket games have a corollary problem - every person of low rank seems to think high tickets, means high score, means high XP. The quality of players in high ticket matches, in my experience, is a lot lower than when you finally scan through the browser and join a 100% tickets game.

hypermuse wrote: »
    also, has anyone ever had the problem whereby when:

you and the enemy come face to face.. and now, I know I've unleashed enough bullets to kill him (most of a clip used) and turned away and began to reload and the guy I thought I had just eliminated kills me

Killcam thing pops up after I'm dead it says he has 0% health... 0%!!

I was well confused.. nobody else around to revive him and happened way to fast for aything else to happen..

This ever happen often?

This used to bug the ****e out me as well, when I got killed by someone on 0% or got a 100 point kill assist. :rolleyes:

But it was brought up on the Battlelog forum not too long ago. The way I understand it, there's a decimal that isn't shown at the end. So, for example, a player might get hit by a bullet and have 82.7% hitpoints left. The game shows this as 83%. The nearest whole number. If it was 82.4%, it would just show 82%. So a player with 0% hitpoints actually has 0.1%-0.4% hitpoints. If you get him to that point and somebody else kills him, you get a 100 point damage assist because that is also rounded up. But until it hits 0.0%, the player is still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's gone back to the way it has been now :)
    So it's not nearly as noticeable as in the video,still not perfect but I'll live with it
    Input lag increased again :rolleyes:
    I've a pain in my face with this shìt.

You may be surprised to learn that that helicopter has five seats, not one.

I have not had the best luck with team-mate IQ levels in the last few days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

hypermuse wrote: »
    I just hate it when you try spot something and it doesnt work.. you just get that dud click sound..

whats that about??
    Only really seems to happen when trying to spot jets for me.
    -Ade- wrote: »
    Besides us 2 and a couple of others that we play with, spotting is completely pointless I find now. I still do it all the time as you know, but you just can't depend on randoms to look at their mini map every once in awhile. Amazing how, what... 8 or 9 months in and people still play like idiots.
    I can't not spot :o
    I started doing it in BC2 and its just reflex now, probably annoys the hell out of some squad mates and gets me killed every now and then because I should really be shooting at the guy :D

There definitely needs to be some "Spot kill assist" tags/medal/stats, far more people would do it then.

I am almost speechless right now. I was in an LAV, being pretty much the only person trying to capture objectives and I got disabled. The Engineer in the gunner's seat jumped out and ran off.

I know he had a repair tool, I saw him use it earlier. And instead of repairing the LAV he ran off to pursue his dreams of a higher K/D.

Where are these idiots coming from?

Yeah, the lack of teamwork has become a major issue for me tbh. Some people seem to forget that they can respawn after they die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

You may be surprised to learn that that helicopter has five seats, not one.

I have not had the best luck with team-mate IQ levels in the last few days. :rolleyes:

Same goes for heli pilots who don't realise the guns are on the SIDES of the chopper, so please, by all means, face the target head on, and then we can all die together

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Noticed what I thought might be a bug today. Playing defender on Rush on Strike at Karkand, some guy on the opposing team kept killing me at close-mid range, with some kind of one shot weapon.
    But the death message didn't specify what he had killed me with, only said "XYZ killed Lafortezza". No other infomation. His loadout said he was playing assault with underslung rail and heavy barrel.
    I check his profile and guess what his top kills weapon was? Ofc the M26 Mass 1000+kills, with the M16 in 2nd with 500 kills.

Hopefully this isn't some workaround to hide that people are using the M26.

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Noticed what I thought might be a bug today. Playing defender on Rush on Strike at Karkand, some guy on the opposing team kept killing me at close-mid range, with some kind of one shot weapon.
    But the death message didn't specify what he had killed me with, only said "XYZ killed Lafortezza". No other infomation. His loadout said he was playing assault with underslung rail and heavy barrel.
    I check his profile and guess what his top kills weapon was? Ofc the M26 Mass 1000+kills, with the M16 in 2nd with 500 kills.

Hopefully this isn't some workaround to hide that people are using the M26.

That message comes up the odd time when I'm killed by the Dart, loadout description is the pretty much the same as well. If someone is using the under barrel rail with heavy barrel, you can be almost 99.9% certain they're using the Dart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Now I'm new to BF (playing around a month on and off) but my god, idiotic team mates who run right past an M-com or flag to go get their precious kills.

It takes a few seconds you get a good chunk of xp and you never know, you might win a game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Now I'm new to BF (playing around a month on and off) but my god, idiotic team mates who run right past an M-com or flag to go get their precious kills.

It takes a few seconds you get a good chunk of xp and you never know, you might win a game :rolleyes:

it seems a feast or a famine in that sense!

Most of the time there is no team effort.. as you say the rewards in terms of xp for arming (especially destroying) n mcom station is lost on them! But when playing with a full squad of friends its usually a battle to try and arm an mCOM coz everyone is trying to do it :D

I know which scenario I prefer anyway!

Playing with randomers can be a horrible experience..

Advertisement