Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

**** me pink lads this game is so frustrating without playing a proper squad...

Over last 2 days I've played bout 20-30 games and I'd say my I'd say my team has won bout 4 or 5 of them! no joke!

I'd imagine my W:L ratio has taken a serious knock over last 2 days.. ****ing painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Canals has turned into a bit of a ****fest of a map. Used to enjoy it but almost every time I join a game to play it one team is spawn raping the other and people are either waiting to spawn in the choppers or stealing them. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Left a lobby on the scoreboard screen between lobbies via 'Join friend'. Lost the kills I'd made, meaning I have to go re-earn the final stretch of my first 93R service star. WTF? :mad: The game had been over for minutes and I'd waited through my ribbons, etc. :mad:

Couple that with team-killing idiots, people who don't wait to see if the Engineer who just saved their vehicle wants a lift and my soldier's inability to defeat a half-foot-high ledge and you've got a bad day on the Battlefield...

man some people just go outa their way to ruin the game for other!

Was using the AA tank thingy on nomnom canals (or whatever its called) and I was taking out every chopper that came into view in the sky as well as spotting people across the map.. Was completely dominating with in terms of controlling the mComs..

Some retard, a team mate is his technical term.. who obviously wanted a go in the AA tank just kept getting another vehicle and driving it into me and pushing me around the place! what is wrong with some people! on the map aswel you could see this one blue dot constantly waiting around our base for the tank to spawn!

God dam annoyance these people..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I joined on a squad mate last night and he was was on deck of the aircraft carrier (noshar canals i think) and he had a swaw and stayed there nearly the entire game i was beside him after spawning and maybe once every 30 secs there was a beep as he started to lock but everything was to far away to lock completly.

pointless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Can anyone else confirm that weapon unlocks and awards in general are not being registered after a game? Even if you get the unlock popup during a game, your stats page on Battlelog doesn't update.

For instance, I need 7 kills to get my last unlock for the PP-2000, I play in game, get 7 kills with it and get the in game popup.
    On my battlefeed it shows as unlocked, but on the weapon page itself I still need 7 kills.

Anyone found the same?

I had a fwe issues over the weekend the A91 (i think) was unlocked but it took ages to actually get to play with it.

I did get the pop up message or the note after the game but nothing appeared and then eventually it was just there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah, issue seems to be fixed now thankfully!

14 kills on HC Grand Bazaar Rush with the M40A5, including a beautiful double when two guys ran down a corridor and the bullet passed through the first and hit the second.

That left me 10 kills off the first Service Star (I'm going for at least one Service Star with every weapon). Checked Battlelog afterwards... and I'm still on 76 kills. Not a single one of those M40A5 kills was recorded. Of 10 L85A2 kills in the next two games, only 2 were recorded. For feck sake! :mad:

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    14 kills on HC Grand Bazaar Rush with the M40A5, including a beautiful double when two guys ran down a corridor and the bullet passed through the first and hit the second.

That left me 10 kills off the first Service Star (I'm going for at least one Service Star with every weapon). Checked Battlelog afterwards... and I'm still on 76 kills. Not a single one of those M40A5 kills was recorded. Of 10 L85A2 kills in the next two games, only 2 were recorded. For feck sake! :mad:

Is it just a lag on the data? will they eventually appear or never? I've never bothered with counting kills for unlocks etc so I've never noticed it happen to me...

Sounds strange..

• Advertisement

They did have a message up yesterday saying that they knew dataloss was an issue but that they were working at it

hypermuse wrote: »
    Is it just a lag on the data? will they eventually appear or never? I've never bothered with counting kills for unlocks etc so I've never noticed it happen to me...

Sounds strange..

Definitely not lag on the data. The pop-up telling me I'd unlocked the Holographic and Reflex sight on the M40 came up during the game but they're still locked in my kit selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Laser pointers and Guided missiles on helicopters make the air battles very dull. Just turns into who sees who first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Laser pointers and Guided missiles on helicopters make the air battles very dull. Just turns into who sees who first.

Use ECM Jammer and get out of his sight then flank him

I've still yet to unlock anything for any of the ariel vehicles coz everytime I get in one BOOM.. Get shot down pretty much straight away..

I'm not bitching, I'm a terrible pilot in these games.. Wish there was a mode where you can just fly choppers/jets against the comp and try take them out, get a bit of practice like.. I'm so bad at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I've still yet to unlock anything for any of the ariel vehicles coz everytime I get in one BOOM.. Get shot down pretty much straight away..

I'm not bitching, I'm a terrible pilot in these games.. Wish there was a mode where you can just fly choppers/jets against the comp and try take them out, get a bit of practice like.. I'm so bad at it..

You could just try and get used to the hang of them on an empty server, but that doesnt have any fun to it which is why i dont do it!

You could just try and get used to the hang of them on an empty server, but that doesnt have any fun to it which is why i dont do it!

if you find an empty server with aerial vehicles (helis in praticular) and a conquest map you would be able to capture all the flags and get bonuses for the capture for your heli

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Chavways wrote: »
    Use ECM Jammer and get out of his sight then flank him

Yeah haven't unlocked the ECM Jammer yet. But the ecm jammer seems to not recharge quick enough to dodge the second shot from my experience of being in the helicopters. Getting out of sight is difficult because the lock on is fairly generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah haven't unlocked the ECM Jammer yet. But the ecm jammer seems to not recharge quick enough to dodge the second shot from my experience of being in the helicopters. Getting out of sight is difficult because the lock on is fairly generous.

ECM jammer blocks the enemies attempts to lock on for 5 seconds, and takes ten seconds overall to reload. So thats 5 seconds you have to get away, or if you have below radar and stealth equipped, you'll be very hard to lock onto.

My tactic, which I picked up from guys I've been in choppers with is, to lock on and fire 1 missile. Then wait til the pilot/gunner flares. Lock on again and fire your second missile. So long as the pilot/gunner aren't coordinated (which is often enough in my experience) you'll get at least 1 hit.

Then you can finish him off with your rockets or hop in the gunner seat and finish him off that way

Can't help with jets but for the chopper you can use the second Co-Op mission. It involves the two players working together as an Attack Helicopter crew so it's good flying practice.

You could also learn using a transport helicopter, once you remember to accommodate your passengers. There's no weapon systems for the pilot to use so you can focus entirely on keeping the thing flying.

• Advertisement

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Can't help with jets but for the chopper you can use the second Co-Op mission. It involves the two players working together as an Attack Helicopter crew so it's good flying practice.

You could also learn using a transport helicopter, once you remember to accommodate your passengers. There's no weapon systems for the pilot to use so you can focus entirely on keeping the thing flying.

and always remember that the guns on transport ones are on the side so don't fly at something that is shooting you but circle it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

To get the flares for jets, join an empty Caspian Border conquest game, US side, drive your jet (on the ground) to the large radio tower and capture the flag. Might have to do it two or three times. You'll get flares which will at least allow you to compete in the air.

If you manage to get on an enemy jets tail, if you're finding it hard to keep him in your sights with all his twists and turns, make use of the external view, you'll get a much better view of what he is doing. When he comes back into your line of fire, switch back to internal view and shoot him down. Wait until he starts to turn, shoot in front of him so he flys into the bullets.

There's three speeds for a jet. Fast, medium and slow. To make a sharp turn, hold the "slow" button, start to turn, then after-burn out of the turn.

For choppers (attack or scout) join an empty server, capture all flags using a chopper, switch team, capture all flags, switch back, capture all flags and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Okay, if you're inexperienced in a chopper then you have to know your level. You'll be much happier, and so will your teammates, if you accept that you have to be a gunner before you can be a pilot.

A good gunner and pilot combo will lead to the gunner getting more points. All you really need are flares.

You can learn how best to fly by watching the way other pilots stay alive - and the only important thing you have to do is to time your flares. You have to listen to know whether your pilot has deployed flares (a whoosh sound) or ECM (a beep sound). They work differently, but ECM prevents a lock-on - so you'll hear slow beeping from your enemy, and after the ECM is used the lock-on will complete and you have to fire flares just as he launches missiles (preferably immediately before he fires, there's a bit of guesswork here).

However, if you're pilot has flares the lock-on will complete and he will have to deploy flares the first time to offset one of the rockets (the second might still hit you, but it won't be enough to disable on its own). This makes it essential that you keep your flares, so that when the enemy locks on a second time, when your pilot won't have any flares left, you can still deploy your flares.

It shouldn't take too long for you to rack up a good bit of XP - once you've unlocked ECM and Below the Radar (44000 XP) you'll finally be able to pilot a chopper and engage in a fair fight with opponents, and you'll be able to prevent javelins and tanks from killing you instantly.

Agree with aaronh007's advice for locking on heat seekers - let your lock complete, but don't fire. Hold it for a while, see if the other guy deploys flares or ECM, and lock on and fire both missiles after. If he doesn't respond, instead of firing a rocket double tap the weapon switch button - this stops the steady tone your opponent will hear because of the lock on, and it prompts a lot of people to waste their flares giving you an easy disable.

Bear in mind, since the patch and the changes to Stingers making them an one hit disable many people are much better prepared to break a lock on and fly below the radar - as such, it's more important now to learn how to effectively use heli rockets with gunner cannon to win a chopper fight.

Good feedback people!

I always thought bout trying to get an empty server but figured it would be too boring but I suppose ya gotta start somewhere!

Might try that over the weekend so!

Good feedback people!

I always thought bout trying to get an empty server but figured it would be too boring but I suppose ya gotta start somewhere!

Might try that over the weekend so!

if you want add me as a friend danniemcq and if you see me online we'll find an empty server and duke it out. I'm not wile good on them either so could use practice. Although away most of this weekend but should be good from Monday or even tonight if you are on?

I don't think i have much unlocked on the helis either

danniemcq wrote: »
    if you want add me as a friend danniemcq and if you see me online we'll find an empty server and duke it out. I'm not wile good on them either so could use practice. Although away most of this weekend but should be good from Monday or even tonight if you are on?

I don't think i have much unlocked on the helis either

I dont have anything unlocked so you'll prob kick my ass but it sounds like fun!!

My PSN is same as b.ie username.

I'll add ya next time I'm online

ah no go then!

I'm a PC guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It is done.
    I've uninstalled the game....
    Havn't played in a long time and feel no inclination to pick it up again.
    If any of you guys are looking for something new and different in an FPS DayZ might be the thing.
    Currently addicted.

I'll remember the good times!
    C4ing jerks into oblivion /sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

It is done.
    I've uninstalled the game....

Agreed. I'm completely sick of how the game plays now. High ticket servers in particular - games go on for anything up to 90 laggy minutes, the only people who stick around on the losing team are low ranked players looking to grind XP, so every server descends into complete domination by one team full of colonels against inexperienced cannon fodder after a few games. Snipers can suppress someone from any distance with one bullet. Jet pilots still think the map only consists of the enemy runway. It's still a rarity for random teammates to take the 2 seconds required to set different squad perks. For some reason the majority of players still bring mines so can't fix a damn vehicle. Admins can kick with impunity without so much as the option for players to vote on it. And unpredictably the game still locks up both my Xbox and PS3 - sometimes during play, sometimes during map load.

Can't see myself sticking around to see what it's like after the patch/DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

A patch won't fix the fact that every game ends up in a spawn raping on Xbox these days. I usually accept that my first 2 games on a server will be losses as the server balances itself out and some of my friends join. I can no longer play this game unless I have 2 or 3 friends to form a decent squad.

The guys who die in a chopper and then don't ****ing spawn until another chopper spawns are the biggest ***** I've ever had the misfortune of playing online with. At least campers and snipers get kills. The dickheads are taking up space and contributing nothing while they wait for their chopper.

I own a server but it is hard to get going on a regular basis. If I'm not on it dies. When I can get a few people to join it still takes 20/30 mins to get a full server. I notice that the Irl Clan open servers seem to be the same whenever I check them out.

Advertisement