Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Seems from the neutral point of view he wasn't getting at anything other than a question which you lot jumped on to start a flame about whats better.

Of course PC is better end of :)
    Does not compute :D

Of course pc is better,I'm no deluded console fanboy.
    Fair enough if it was innocent then apologies for picking it up wrong but to have to ask what platform suggested otherwise to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Of course pc is better,I'm no deluded console fanboy.

There's nothing deluded about arguing that PC isn't necessarily better. A guy in the comments on a YouTube video put it very nicely. Don't have the exact quote but it went something like;
    PC players need to stop going on about how PC is better than console because it isn't always the case. To make it easier to understand, I'll compare them to cars. A console is like a Ford Focus, it's a solid, well-rounded car that won't break the bank. A PC is like... is like... oh, wait! Every PC is different! Your PC might be like a Ferrari, which is absolutely fantasic. But my PC is like a Toyota Prius, which is ****. My console is far better for gaming than my PC. So you shouldn't be saying "PC is better than console". You should be saying "My €1,000 PC is better than your €250 console". Well, no ****, Sherlock?

I thought it was a very good way of putting it. PCs built for gaming obviously outclass consoles by miles. But an average household computer? No. So enough of this "PC is better" crap because it doesn't always hold true.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    There's nothing deluded about arguing that PC isn't necessarily better.
    True,I was specifically talking about gaming pc's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Can't believe the tread has descended into a generic Pc vs console war,
    Pc is obviously better graphically and for FPS's, Rpg's,Rts's,Mmo's and consoles are better for everything else or at least more comfortable, real gamers should try experience both platforms.
    Having BF3 on pc and Xbox its a far supporior game on Pc because of mouse & keyboards, larger player counts and skill of the community, but most of my mates play on Xbox however and I have a lot of fun playing with them, so it's technical shortcomings can be forgiven, this is coming from an Xbox fanboy, so can we consider this argument closed ?

beno619 wrote: »
    Pc is obviously better graphically and for FPS's, Rpg's,Rts's,Mmo's and consoles are better for everything else or at least more comfortable, real gamers should try experience both platforms.
    Having BF3 on pc and Xbox its a far supporior game on Pc because of mouse & keyboards, larger player counts and skill of the community, but most of my mates play on Xbox however and I have a lot of fun playing with them, so it's technical shortcomings can be forgiven, this is coming from an Xbox fanboy, so can we consider this argument closed ?
    You were doing ok until you got to the part in bold ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I'd love a gaming rig to handle BF3 but for now will just have to settle for my aul xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I was enjoying this thread until it turned into an argument of 'my thing is better than your thing'. Honestly, I find it rather sad that a lot of the gaming community insist on fighting pointlessly with each other. Each platform has it's own pros and cons in the eyes of each individual gamer and you're all too stubborn to be convinced of each others points of view, so why bother?

This childish bickering is as useful as Assault players that don't revive team mates and support players that don't distribute ammo, and just as frustrating as the aforementioned tools, for those of us that come here to find some useful feedback about the game that we are here to discuss. So please get this thread back on topic or else go waste your time on something equally as pointless as the pc vs xbox argument, like trying to mate an xbox with a pc so we can all have the best of both worlds.

422nd wrote: »
    So please get this thread back on topic or else go waste your time on something equally as pointless as the pc vs xbox argument, like trying to mate an xbox with a pc so we can all have the best of both worlds.
    I think a PS3 and a PC would be a better mix jackson.gif

Disclaimer:May or may not be my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the P90 now considered over powered or are people just trying for the 100 kills with Sub Machine Guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Varik wrote: »
    Is the P90 now considered over powered or are people just trying for the 100 kills with Sub Machine Guns.
    Yeah I've seen lots of weird uncommon guns being used lately, lots of PKPs, F2000s, L96s, must be to do with the assingments.

• Advertisement

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen lots of weird uncommon guns being used lately, lots of PKPs, F2000s, L96s, must be to do with the assingments.

Those 3 definitely are assignment related and i've been doing the same with them but would the P90 be considered a good SMG to be using, i don't tend to use them at all so no clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The P90 is one of the best guns in the game. Kobra sight + laser = lethal. :)

422nd wrote: »
    I was enjoying this thread until it turned into an argument of 'my thing is better than your thing'. Honestly, I find it rather sad that a lot of the gaming community insist on fighting pointlessly with each other. Each platform has it's own pros and cons in the eyes of each individual gamer and you're all too stubborn to be convinced of each others points of view, so why bother?

This childish bickering is as useful as Assault players that don't revive team mates and support players that don't distribute ammo, and just as frustrating as the aforementioned tools, for those of us that come here to find some useful feedback about the game that we are here to discuss. So please get this thread back on topic or else go waste your time on something equally as pointless as the pc vs xbox argument, like trying to mate an xbox with a pc so we can all have the best of both worlds.

Is that directed at me? 'Cause there was no "fighting pointlessly" in my post and I'm certainly not "too stubborn" - I did actually say a gaming PC is better than a console. I wasn't fighting or trying to argue. I was merely making a completely valid point that "PCs are better than consoles" isn't always true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

cambo2008 wrote: »
    beno619 wrote: »
    You were doing ok until you got to the part in bold ;)

Haha it's true if anything just because of the older age demographic on pc, while there are a lot of cod noobs on the console version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

This is just me being ultra picky and bitchy but I think DICE need to throw in more player models, just IMO, having one player model per class makes it easy to identify but still, I'd rather have a bit more identity than bearded engineer or shades wearing LMG guy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Agree with ya, i'm sick of seeing the yank engineer dude.

Agreed. I'd actually love a customisation option, make your own soldier kind of deal. Just enough of a base given to us so we can't make it difficult to separate team-mates from enemies but still allow customisation.

CoD: BO promised customisation and then all you got was your first perk changing your look. That was a big let down, I'd really enjoy a proper customisation option that went beyond changing your camo pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Agreed. I'd actually love a customisation option, make your own soldier kind of deal. Just enough of a base given to us so we can't make it difficult to separate team-mates from enemies but still allow customisation.

CoD: BO promised customisation and then all you got was your first perk changing your look. That was a big let down, I'd really enjoy a proper customisation option that went beyond changing your camo pattern.

Simple skin color/face style, head gear/balaclava's, camo and then body accessories like vests, mag pouches or even stuff like patches and medals of your rank and achievements on your gear. They have plenty of time until End Game next year, might as well do some model stuff while they are making the new guns and vehicles.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Simple skin color/face style, head gear/balaclava's, camo and then body accessories like vests, mag pouches or even stuff like patches and medals of your rank and achievements on your gear. They have plenty of time until End Game next year, might as well do some model stuff while they are making the new guns and vehicles.

Doubt that'll be free if they ever did do it, premium might get it included but there very little chance that it won't cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Getting really annoyed with the deployment of the mortar nowadays. You practically have to be right inside the enemys base to deploy :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Anybody else pissed off with the crude team balancing? 3/4 of the time I'm either on a team that's steamrolling the opposition or getting steamrolled. If I was in a clan with 3 other good players I could probably have fun either way but when you're pubbing on your own a lot of the time you can feel pretty inconsequential. They should stick players on teams according to their KD so you'd have an equivalent amount of good players on each side.

Anybody else pissed off with the crude team balancing? 3/4 of the time I'm either on a team that's steamrolling the opposition or getting steamrolled. If I was in a clan with 3 other good players I could probably have fun either way but when you're pubbing on your own a lot of the time you can feel pretty inconsequential. They should stick players on teams according to their KD SPM and/or W/L so you'd have an equivalent amount of good players on each side.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Anybody else pissed off with the crude team balancing? 3/4 of the time I'm either on a team that's steamrolling the opposition or getting steamrolled. If I was in a clan with 3 other good players I could probably have fun either way but when you're pubbing on your own a lot of the time you can feel pretty inconsequential. They should stick players on teams according to their KD so you'd have an equivalent amount of good players on each side.
    On the Craggy Island PC server we scramble the teams at the end of every round based on their SPM in the previous round. We very rarely have a completely unbalanced set of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

you lie lol the auto balance on craggy is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Only cause you want your squad to be kept together, medics all...;)

Think some of the best most balanced games have been on craggy after a good balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Only cause you want your squad to be kept together, medics all...;)

Think some of the best most balanced games have been on craggy after a good balance.

yeah Mick hates it as it splits his medic squad whores up and ruins his KDR :D

The autobalancer is excellent in that it ensures that the matches are very close however as said it does split squads up to ensure a proper balance..

i'll put it like this...if auto balancer is off I have to listen to people bitching every 10 seconds about balance.
    If auto balance is on but squad player is enabled I have to listen to people bitching about team balance and how their team has only one 10 bird colonel while the other team has 20 x Rank 100 colonels.

If auto balance is on and squad player is enabled I only have to listen to Mick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah Mick hates it as it splits his medic squad whores up and ruins his KDR :D

The autobalancer is excellent in that it ensures that the matches are very close however as said it does split squads up to ensure a proper balance..

i'll put it like this...if auto balancer is off I have to listen to people bitching every 10 seconds about balance.
    If auto balance is on but squad player is enabled I have to listen to people bitching about team balance and how their team has only one 10 bird colonel while the other team has 20 x Rank 100 colonels.

If auto balance is on and squad player is enabled I only have to listen to Mick :D

lol love you to buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Argh so many crashes this weekend, and if its not crashing its i've been disconnected for an unknown reason.

and one of them i had unlocked new gun in assault and was half way though the progress bar again when it dropped and all points and unlocks are gone.

Thought it might just take a while to update but nope. 3 hours later now and nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

you lie lol the auto balance on craggy is terrible

im with mick on this :D

switched to the loseing team at the last second too often :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

danniemcq wrote: »
    Argh so many crashes this weekend, and if its not crashing its i've been disconnected for an unknown reason.

and one of them i had unlocked new gun in assault and was half way though the progress bar again when it dropped and all points and unlocks are gone.

Thought it might just take a while to update but nope. 3 hours later now and nothing

Same is happening me on xbox! Losing connection to the EA servers. Quite annoying :rolleyes:

Advertisement