Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Sick of playing with randoms who put spawn beacons down in pointless places.

Also when are people going to realise that spawn beacons can win rush games so easily when used well. People are mainly thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mozattack wrote: »

Also when are people going to realise that spawn beacons can win rush games so easily when used well. People are mainly thick.
    I have seen spawn beacons in my own deployment area :rolleyes:
    What the f**k is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I have seen spawn beacons in my own deployment area :rolleyes:
    What the f**k is that all about?

I've also seen spawn beacons within the deployment zone. One time I remember in particular was some one had placed one right beside the spot where the attack heli spawns on caspian border. I destroyed it to give others a fair shot at getting the chopper instead of having that one tool flying around for the whole game and contributing sweet fuck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Although Recon is not my favourite class I definetly agree with you guys that Spawn Beacons can be extremely effective, especially in public games where there may be less teamwork, teamspeak etc going on.

Leinster7 wrote: »
    Although Recon is not my favourite class I definetly agree with you guys that Spawn Beacons can be extremely effective, especially in public games where there may be less teamwork, teamspeak etc going on.
    I rarely go near recon,it's just not my thing at all.
    The only time I would use it is if spawn trapped for a while I would switch to recon for the spawn beacon.
    I love trying to make a break for it,especially on a map like bazaar,leg it up the alleyway and across the far side of the map and set the beacon down well offside,all the while crapping the britches in case you're spotted by a couple of stragglers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

The most powerful item in BF3 in my opinion, particularly for rush!
    I usually end up playing recon on maps like Op Metro, Grand Baz, and a good few other..

Get in behind/beside the enemy lines and hide it in a discrete area.. Constantly flank the enemy, makes it much easier for the team to arm an Mcom. You can make your team single-handedly win a game of rush if you can just make it to a hotspot to lay down spawn point.

It can be equally frusting sometimes thou.. Trying to get to a particular point unnoticed..

When playing with randomers thou it can get extremely frustrating.. I remember once playing on Op metro. 1st set of mComs. We were attacking so I followed the wall on the left of the map around the corner past A and put it down behind a rock.. We took A easily and had a nice spawn point to flank for B.

Nobody on the enemy team knew we were spawning there.. But every time one lad in my squad spawned on the beacon he would constantly try and shoot the enemy from across the map while standing right beside the spawn beacon!

Needless to say he attracted alot of attention and before you knew it the enemy team had found the spawn beacon and I had to try all over again to stealthily get to a quite spot.. Retard!!

I rarely go near recon,it's just not my thing at all.
    The only time I would use it is if spawn trapped for a while I would switch to recon for the spawn beacon.
    I love trying to make a break for it,especially on a map like bazaar,leg it up the alleyway and across the far side of the map and set the beacon down well offside,all the while crapping the britches in case you're spotted by a couple of stragglers :D

Cambo, this is the problem with recon. You think recon you assume me on a hill 4,000 miles away from the action hoping to get a headshot.

I use recon just to vary the classes but mainly because of the spawn beacon and tugs equipment. They are great in some maps especially when playing with numpties or other players who keep dying.

I usually roll with a shotgun, any PDW or M39 (red dot), M417 (x4 scope), MOD11 (Holo and suppressor) etc.

Love it.

A great addition to the game IF USED WELL.

hypermuse wrote: »
    It can be equally frusting sometimes thou.. Trying to get to a particular point unnoticed..

Needless to say he attracted alot of attention and before you knew it the enemy team had found the spawn beacon and I had to try all over again to stealthily get to a quite spot.. Retard!!

HA - HA.

Very good story and very true.

I often get a spawn beacon to the left of Metro behind the rocks and from there you can murder the defending team but not in cases when your fellow teammates spawn in and lob down a LMG with bipod almost on the beacon. Ah jesus, the stupidness of it.

HA - HA.

Very good story and very true.

I often get a spawn beacon to the left of Metro behind the rocks and from there you can murder the defending team but not in cases when your fellow teammates spawn in and lob down a LMG with bipod almost on the beacon. Ah jesus, the stupidness of it.

I feel your pain.. :o I just know as well that if they do get a kill.. then the killcam will probably have the spawn beacon lighting up nice and bright in the killcam right behind him! Urgh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I'm getting really sick of dying, only to see on the killcam a guy knifing my killer a second later. I don't care about my k/d ratio, but when playing something like Deathmatch or Rush, where every death counts it pisses me off.

Save the Tag Hunting for Conquest if you need them that badly.

****ing smurfs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm getting really sick of dying, only to see on the killcam a guy knifing my killer a second later. I don't care about my k/d ratio, but when playing something like Deathmatch or Rush, where every death counts it pisses me off.

Save the Tag Hunting for Conquest if you need them that badly.

****ing smurfs.

I've killed a few guys who were stabbing someone on my team. Once the stabby animation kicks in they don't die until after the animation is over.

Cambo, this is the problem with recon. You think recon you assume me on a hill 4,000 miles away from the action hoping to get a headshot.

I use recon just to vary the classes but mainly because of the spawn beacon and tugs equipment. They are great in some maps especially when playing with numpties or other players who keep dying.

I usually roll with a shotgun, any PDW or M39 (red dot), M417 (x4 scope), MOD11 (Holo and suppressor) etc.

Love it.

A great addition to the game IF USED WELL.
    Yea,but there's no C4 :)
    Support is my first port of call unless I'm going for assignments or the squad needs me to be something else.
    It's by far my favourite class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yea,but there's no C4 :)
    Support is my first port of call unless I'm going for assignments or the squad needs me to be something else.
    It's by far my favourite class.

yeah i aim to be a suppression expert on the team,

squad suppression on,
    bipod (i'm used to it now with the recoil so foregrip isn't much use, plus when firing the bullet skew the suppression really kicks in and prone means smaller target),
    extended mag,
    holo sight.

all on my trusty PKP!

oh and mortars with the occasional claymore depending on the map

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Med packs and the defib are my role of choice, always trying to go that bit extra for a revive. Doc Roe would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just finished an 87 minute rush game on Wake Island ... geez. 87 minutes. With 300 tickets.

Seriously those 300 ticket games are mental!

danniemcq wrote: »
    yeah i aim to be a suppression expert on the team,

squad suppression on,
    bipod (i'm used to it now with the recoil so foregrip isn't much use, plus when firing the bullet skew the suppression really kicks in and prone means smaller target),
    extended mag,
    holo sight.

all on my trusty PKP!

oh and mortars with the occasional claymore depending on the map
    I'm not too pushed on the LMG's tbh.
    I'm loving the pp-19 at the moment,running around like a maniac with it the past few days :D
    I need lads like Delly^^^^^^to pick up the pieces after my gung ho sprees.
    Good man Delly,keep those defribillators warmed up,you and your ilk are the real heroes :)

I've killed a few guys who were stabbing someone on my team. Once the stabby animation kicks in they don't die until after the animation is over.

I mean I get shot, then a second later a guy knifes the shooter.

It's why one of our clan rules is "See a guy, shoot that guy".:D
    I'm not too pushed on the LMG's tbh.
    I'm loving the pp-19 at the moment,running around like a maniac with it the past few days
    I need lads like Delly^^^^^^to pick up the pieces after my gung ho sprees.
    Good man Delly,keep those defribillators warmed up,you and your ilk are the real heroes

I was the same about the LMG's until I used the Pecheneg to get my tag, really saw it's charms after that. It's perfect on Rush if you are on defense. Set up somewhere with a nice view of the M-COM and pour liquid death in there.

When playing assault I use the F2000, Engineer with a ACW-R and Support with the P90. Haven't spent as much time on Recon as I'd like but ever since I opened the Soflam I've been doing it more and practicing my sniping...SV98 is my go to gun on that so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Joined a server today- "no tac lights" :rolleyes:

I forgot I had an MP443 with a taclight and headshotted three fools from the hip with it- "you have been banned from the server"

I don't know if your stats are down the drain if you are kicked but hopefully not because I was doing great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

This game is absolutely wrecking my ****ing head altogether....I just can't get it to launch at all.....been trying all day to get it going. At first it was freezing during launch, but now it doesn't matter how many times I ask to launch, the screen stays the same...

Fucvk this game and fucvk PC's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

The battlelog plugin thing on the main menu hasn't updated in 19 days for me (on ps3) anyone else having this problem? It's handy to see what unlocks you have so hence not having it is annoying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I hate when ppl use the aircraft as transport to get onto of buildings so they can snipe

Cork24 wrote: »
    I hate when ppl use the aircraft as transport to get onto of buildings so they can snipe

I can understand if they are dropping people off and the pilor flies off with either more people somewhere else or heads back to spawn to lift someone.

Otherwise its a waste. I've only started flying transport helis recently after much practice on empty servers and co-op and never take off empty and get to the nearest captured flag, remember one time think it was canals lifting of with a full chopper, got to flag and most jumped off except my two gunners who stayed on and gave support from the air, we captured that flag but when i went down to pick the guys up again i got destroyed by an RPG just after take off.

It was a great shot though and when i apologised on chat everyone agreed.

Tried it again next spawn but got killed just after take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Joined a server today- "no tac lights" :rolleyes:

I forgot I had an MP443 with a taclight and headshotted three fools from the hip with it- "you have been banned from the server"

I don't know if your stats are down the drain if you are kicked but hopefully not because I was doing great.

Yeah the server rules people have are a joke.
    Two funny examples I saw were:

Rush on Wake Island. "No soflam, stinger or IGLA. You will be banned!" As you may have guessed it... the Admin liked to play attacker side in the Helicopter.

Rush on Metro. "No shotguns, C4, Claymore, M320, Mortar, Rocket Kills" - of course his team were using all of the aforementioned.

I seriously bitch & moan about the rented servers too much :pac:

Cork24 wrote: »

I don't mind it as a tactic, it just makes sense, once the aircraft is built for the purpose. What annoys me is when you see them bailing out jets or heli's to do it.

How very realistic.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've been getting used to the spawn beacon as a tool to drop in on some roofs...
    One thing I am not sure about however is the placement.

What side of a building should I put the spawn beacon on if I want to spawn and have a chance of parachuting on the roof?

It's damn hard to turn those parachutes if you're not going in the right direction from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The IR smoke seems really overpowered. Need at least two people with Javelins from either side to get a hit on a tank. The reload and lock on time of the jav is longer than the reload time for the IR smoke. Some guys getting insane K/Ds with tanks.

The IR smoke seems really overpowered. Need at least two people with Javelins from either side to get a hit on a tank. The reload and lock on time of the jav is longer than the reload time for the IR smoke. Some guys getting insane K/Ds with tanks.

thank god its not just me!

i was thinking I was doing something wrong!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've been getting used to the spawn beacon as a tool to drop in on some roofs...
    One thing I am not sure about however is the placement.

What side of a building should I put the spawn beacon on if I want to spawn and have a chance of parachuting on the roof?

It's damn hard to turn those parachutes if you're not going in the right direction from the start.

I think before the last patch you always spawned facing north. Since the last patch you spawn the direction you were facing when you placed the beacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Spawn beacons should never have been put in the game. They promote annoying and bad tactics, not to mention camping + whose idea was it to have guys paradrop in when they spawn on it outside?

Advertisement