Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've been getting used to the spawn beacon as a tool to drop in on some roofs...
    One thing I am not sure about however is the placement.

What side of a building should I put the spawn beacon on if I want to spawn and have a chance of parachuting on the roof?

It's damn hard to turn those parachutes if you're not going in the right direction from the start.

The direction you place the spawn beacon is not important. But the distance you place it to the building you want to spawn/parachute on is.

If you put the beacon right beside it, you will over-shoot. But give enough distance and you can turn around mid-parachute and land on the spot. Illregardless of what direction you face when spawning.

I dont know if you are playing on pc or consoles. But on consoles if you push down on the control stick you can slow down your parachute to land on the button. Helps when you over shoot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I dont know if you are playing on pc or consoles. But on consoles if you push down on the control stick you can slow down your parachute to land on the button. Helps when you over shoot it.

did not know this! you mean push down as in the stick in (L3 R3)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

hypermuse wrote: »

did not know this! you mean push down as in the stick in (L3 R3)

Push back on the L3 stick. Also helps to avoid fall damage when landing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ugh, kicked again......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Push back on the L3 stick. Also helps to avoid fall damage when landing

You can also push it forward to go faster and cover more ground. Be sure to slow up though because you can hurt yourself landing if you're parachuting too quickly.

• Advertisement

honestly never noticed this before.. Was more of a left right kinda guy!

Think I did used to pull it back subconsciously but never realised it actually slowed you down! schweet!

playing hardcore is something else! Nice change.. Frustrating that you can only spawn on the leader thou.. Makes recon alot more powerful thou..

Playing on Kharg Island against you lot in the 1st game.. was really starting to dominate and them BAM.. Team killed 3 times in a row!! FML! :(

playing hardcore is something else! Nice change.. Frustrating that you can only spawn on the leader thou.. Makes recon alot more powerful thou..

Playing on Kharg Island against you lot in the 1st game.. was really starting to dominate and them BAM.. Team killed 3 times in a row!! FML! :(

Leader-only spawn is a pain at times but IMO it encourages team play, assuming the squad leader isn't camping on a mountain somewhere. I only play HC now, can't stand the regular one. :P

Team kills are usually accidents. Take a second to think, try to avoid stepping in front of friendlies and generally you won't be team killed too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Hardcore mode is a pain in the ass on Operation Metro everybody is shooting each other in the back- the game turns into Team Fortress all of a sudden, with rockets and snipers everywhere. I must have gotten TK'ed five times in 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Always obey the safe cross code on hardcore mode as well, I team killed a guy when I was in a tank, he just ran right out in front of me, I swear Garda!

• Advertisement

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Leader-only spawn is a pain at times but IMO it encourages team play, assuming the squad leader isn't camping on a mountain somewhere. I only play HC now, can't stand the regular one. :P

Team kills are usually accidents. Take a second to think, try to avoid stepping in front of friendlies and generally you won't be team killed too often.

2 of the team kills was some numpty who just plain simply drove over me!!

Was standing there using a javelin trying to take out the LAV's and I was ran over twice! Great team work!

It does promote better team play alright.. defo agree on that. Its not as campy as I thought it would be either.. I quite enjoyed it!

Team kills will never go down well thou..

Actually, since you seem to play Hardcore alot..

do you find there to be much purposeful team killing?
    such as you and a friendly both arrive at a mCOM and you start arming it.. next thing the friendly kills you so he can arm it and get those precious points?

That sorta COD ****e would just have me livid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah the fall damage from parachuting is ridiculous, as much as 25 health goes from landing.
    Also idk if I'm just imagining it but short falls seem to be doing damage again on the cq maps.

Actually, since you seem to play Hardcore alot..

such as you and a friendly both arrive at a mCOM and you start arming it.. next thing the friendly kills you so he can arm it and get those precious points?

That sorta COD ****e would just have me livid!

There will be the odd asshole every now and then but it isn't frequent enough to put me off HC. They don't last very long anyway though, the servers kick you automatically after 5 team kills.

So, there is the occasional asshole but most team kills, at least in my experience, are accidents or inexperienced players not paying attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If you're standing there and I'm dead on the ground and there's an enemy in front of you,don't f**king revive me until you kill him first you crazy son of a bitch.
    You are just giving him another 2 easy kills ffs.
    Some people.............. :rolleyes:

Lag is atrocious today,either that or somebody has unlocked bullets that turn corners and fire out the side of guns.

Also,I've noticed something on the killcam lately,people firing their gun while reloading.
    What's that all about?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Also,I've noticed something on the killcam lately,people firing their gun while reloading.
    What's that all about?

I've been killed by that. I'd run into a guy reloading, think "Aha!" and then he shoots me... while still doing the reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It's just a bad animation you click on reload and then someone comes around the corner and you cancel by firing, you're stuck in the animation. Got caught by it loads of times.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    If you're standing there and I'm dead on the ground and there's an enemy on front of you,don't f**king revive me until you kill him first you crazy son of a bitch.
    You are just giving him another 2 easy kills ffs.
    Some people.............. :rolleyes:

I've felt the same way for a long time, until a few days ago. Got shot down in a blaze of 'glory' against 3 other guys and take one with me. Someone on my team rambo revives me in front of the other two without attempting to kill them. As soon as I was revived, I fired a clip of my handgun into one guy and kill him while rambo takes out the other.

When res'd, if you try and get up, you're as good as dead due to there being a couple seconds delay in regaining full movement. If you fire your sidearm straight away, you might just survive.... Unless there is an army in front of you of course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah the fall damage from parachuting is ridiculous, as much as 25 health goes from landing.
    Also idk if I'm just imagining it but short falls seem to be doing damage again on the cq maps.

Not imagining it. Jumped off what can only be just above ceiling height will cause damage. It's nonsense.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I've felt the same way for a long time, until a few days ago. Got shot down in a blaze of 'glory' against 3 other guys and take one with me. Someone on my team rambo revives me in front of the other two without attempting to kill them. As soon as I was revived, I fired a clip of my handgun into one guy and kill him while rambo takes out the other.

When res'd, if you try and get up, you're as good as dead due to there being a couple seconds delay in regaining full movement. If you fire your sidearm straight away, you might just survive.... Unless there is an army in front of you of course :p
    Oh I always go for the sidearm but 9 times out of 10 when I'm being revived the medic gets it and attention quickly turns to me lying there on the ground.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So just really started playing this game now,was playing conquest on metro just there.A guy on their team had managed to hack himself into a wall,he ended up going 38-2,his team got well bet though.....well annoying though

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So just really started playing this game now,was playing conquest on metro just there.A guy on their team had managed to hack himself into a wall,he ended up going 38-2,his team got well bet though.....well annoying though

I've been lucky enough not to come up against any hackers yet!
    I'd imagine PC its more common but I aint even heard of anyone hacking on console.. Just try-hards taking advantage of glitched guns!

The awkward moment when you're in a shootout with someone and they duck behind cover only to reappear with an RPG............fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Just got banned from a server. Intro stated no shotguns, no M320, no RPG on infantry.

First time I was killed was with a SPAS-12, second time was with a M320 and third time was with a RPG.

Changed my loadout to my trusty Saiga got a triple kill and instantly banned.

Thinking about setting up a little blog to name and shame dodgy BF3 servers at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

My friend killed some people to get a tank on a few occasions. Despite that (and he is a bona fide griefer) I've not seen any purposeful team killing. The main problem is friendlies getting killed by Javelins fired at enemy tanks they seem to be standing beside.

On a side note, has anyone seen any servers yet with crude banners? I saw one a week ago with three naked women on it..

Eggy Baby! wrote: »

On a side note, has anyone seen any servers yet with crude banners? I saw one a week ago with three naked women on it..

Oh thats so bold! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is this a new exploit?

Was playing rush earlier and one guy killed me a few times with just one shot, from a distance you wouldnt expect to be killed from with a shotgun

*edit*

just seen this

Interesting. Must try it out.

Is this a new exploit?

Was playing rush earlier and one guy killed me a few times with just one shot, from a distance you wouldnt expect to be killed from with a shotgun

*edit*

just seen this

Interesting. Must try it out.

870MCS - equip slugs, whack a 6x Rifle scope on top of it and you have yourself a sniper shotgun. I got the idea off Robbaz and used it myself a few times. It's ridiculously accurate once you work out the bullet drop of the slug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Once again team killing for air crafts well if they did I jump into the anti aircraft gun and spent the whole game blowing up the air planes and choppers so my team had no air power

• Advertisement
Advertisement