Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Is this a new exploit?

Was playing rush earlier and one guy killed me a few times with just one shot, from a distance you wouldnt expect to be killed from with a shotgun

*edit*

just seen this

Interesting. Must try it out.

what is that woo sound you hear 1.30 in? I keep hearing it every now and again myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

danniemcq wrote: »
    what is that woo sound you hear 1.30 in? I keep hearing it every now and again myself

someone getting dead?

possibly i guess, its just an odd noise

but then again i get pissed off at the cartoon sound in jurassic park when Nedry falls down the waterfall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I doubt the slugs are an exploit/overpowered. Slugs are supposed to be effective at range. It's not a spread of pellets like regular buckshot but a single big lump of lead, fired like a rifle round. They're accurate and powerful at range. The trade off is you lose close quarters ability because you can't afford to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Donya fortress, corner room with all the bookshelves, C4 all the books and there's a model of the Normandy from ME. Screenshot didn't come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

This is probably an old gripe, but the first time I saw it.

I was a bit surprised when the proximity scan on my tank, which I was in at D on Kharg picked up a rhib boat under me. In an earlier game I had seen a guy glitched into the ground with just his head popping out, also on Kharg, but that time at A. I was able to headshot him, but I don't know if I could have got the 3 guys at D.

While I'm moaning and bitching about a clipping glitch (the kill cam showed the 3 of them under the map) - I really want to spout off that it's bloody typical that you can play an unending series of games and have absolute fools for teammates. Yet who do I come across on the other team? A team of three glitchers: a rhib boat driver, a support guy and an engineer. They were laying mines, and after I blew the mines up - putting my tank on the minimap - they moved the boat under my tank and C4ed me.

I can't find a fraction of that organisation in the mouthbreathers I typically have on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

raze wrote: »
    This is probably an old gripe, but the first time I saw it.

I was a bit surprised when the proximity scan on my tank, which I was in at D on Kharg picked up a rhib boat under me. In an earlier game I had seen a guy glitched into the ground with just his head popping out, also on Kharg, but that time at A. I was able to headshot him, but I don't know if I could have got the 3 guys at D.

While I'm moaning and bitching about a clipping glitch (the kill cam showed the 3 of them under the map) - I really want to spout off that it's bloody typical that you can play an unending series of games and have absolute fools for teammates. Yet who do I come across on the other team? A team of three glitchers: a rhib boat driver, a support guy and an engineer. They were laying mines, and after I blew the mines up - putting my tank on the minimap - they moved the boat under my tank and C4ed me.

I can't find a fraction of that organisation in the mouthbreathers I typically have on my side.

We call it Shark Boat. It's a pain in the ass, but can be dealt with by placing AT mines in it's path, as the boat will set them off.

There is also an annoying glitch on Metro, on the far right staircase up towards the kill corridor filled with lockers in the last section of the train station itself...people seem to be able to kind of glitch into the ceiling there and can shoot out, but cannot be shot at. Hugely annoying. Sneaking under them and C4ing the wall should clear them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

F**K YOU PUNKBUSTER

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

There is also an annoying glitch on Metro, on the far right staircase up towards the kill corridor filled with lockers in the last section of the train station itself...people seem to be able to kind of glitch into the ceiling there and can shoot out, but cannot be shot at. Hugely annoying. Sneaking under them and C4ing the wall should clear them out.

Ya that happened to me the other day,guy sat there for the whole game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Fix the TV missle, christ on a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So last week I was sitting in the fixed placement aa gun, keeping an eye on the chopper spawn. I do a little damage then head over to the spawn in anticipation of it doing so. I then get Tk'd, just before it spawned, so it looking pretty obvious what's happening, I type in !punish. Just as I do that, the guy who killed me does a revive. He then proceeds to call me a noob and that he had always planned on reviving me.

So is this thing common to bump up someone's score? And if so wouldn't it be of benefit to ask first?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Chorcai wrote: »
    Fix the TV missle, christ on a bike.

It's way too sensitive on console. Unusable in most cases unless you're directly in line with your target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It's way too sensitive on console. Unusable in most cases unless you're directly in line with your target.

I think they might have improved it. I remember it being unusable but I tried it again recently and it's not half bad. Just needs practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Its beyond a joke at this stage. Every now and again my points, ststs, unlocks etc etc would not be saved after each map but now it 50/50 if it saves or not. I spent 1 1/2 hours playing today with a good few unlocks and upgrades and nothing to show for it. Anyone else have this problem:confused::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Its beyond a joke at this stage. Every now and again my points, ststs, unlocks etc etc would not be saved after each map but now it 50/50 if it saves or not. I spent 1 1/2 hours playing today with a good few unlocks and upgrades and nothing to show for it. Anyone else have this problem:confused::mad:

Just wondering if you get kicked, do you not get your points, ribbons and kills etc? Happened me recently over a small map, kicked after 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just wondering if you get kicked, do you not get your points, ribbons and kills etc? Happened me recently over a small map, kicked after 5 mins.

Dont think I have ever been kicked. It happens at ramdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Aaaaaaaaand banned from another server. Kill guy with main barrel in a tank. Ban. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

That stupid aim assist screwed me over at the weekend. I would have easily gotten a triple kill, 3 enemies lined up beside MCOM A in Metro, I start firing from the train on the outside and a 4th runs past and the stupid aim assist kicks in, I ended up giving away my position on the mini map and died. Only ended up with a crappy kill assist for the one of 3 that were lined up.

Turned aim assist off and realised how much harder it is to get kills but it feels much more rewarding. Also, I seem to be able to move and shoot (for the kill) instead of getting suppression kill assists all the time.

TURN AIM ASSIST OFF AND INTRODUCE SERVERS WITH THIS OFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Got kicked a few times but got my first ban yesterday...whoooooo.

Playing Conquest Dom against a full clan who were using c4 on the flags rpgs and camping their asses off, even though it said you'd get banned for these things. Was running around capping flags like a boss and raping with my shotty until I obviously killed an admin and got booted. I suppose in fairness shottys are a bit op compared to rpgs being shot at you from across the map by 3 or 4 spanish mooks.

I wouldn't be overly upset if shotguns were removed from the game, tbh. I use them from time to time but they are the main source of most of my frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

NO RPG's, NO SNIPERS, NO SHOTGUNS!

Everyone on US uses SMAW's I use an RPG as retaliation, I get banned.
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wouldn't be overly upset if shotguns were removed from the game, tbh. I use them from time to time but they are the main source of most of my frustration.

The only time I used them was to complete an assignment I misread.

The only time I used them was to complete an assignment I misread.

They can be handy in certain situations. B on the first set of mcoms on Grand Bazaar is a room full of troops sitting on perches that render them out of the blast radius of frags. A few well placed frag rounds, though, and the whole place gets cleared.

That being said, the vast majority of overpowered weapons are the shotguns. Getting ruined by slug rounds from a Spas fairly regularly now.

On a side note, that boat glitch under Kharg is a game breaker. They motor between the flags any time you capture them and only mines or C4 can stop them. Pain in the hole.

I love shotguns ^_^ 870MCS, M1041, DAO.... not really got the hang of the SPAS yet as I'm trying to get all the unlocks of a few other guns first.

Yeah, look, I don't begrudge anyone using them, they're in the game after all. They just make me want to smash my controller against a wall when I'm doing well then get one-shotted by one on a map like Op Firestorm. They're for close range you spazzer! Why the **** are you using one on a map like that?

Yeah, look, I don't begrudge anyone using them, they're in the game after all. They just make me want to smash my controller against a wall when I'm doing well then get one-shotted by one on a map like Op Firestorm. They're for close range you spazzer! Why the **** are you using one on a map like that?

You've never used slugs then :p

But I know what you're saying. I tend to use them in CQB in Rush in places like Metro, Seine, Bazaar, Canals etc... where you're tight to the environment and close range fights happen the most.

FFS metro i know its a clusterfudge and all but FFS in my squad we had an engineer right back at spawn trying to use an EOD bot, one guy beside him with a mav trying to fly and one guy even further back prone with a sniper rifle.

i wrote to them, ignored i spawned beside and gave orders ignored then i shot at them and still ignored, i thought f it and ran on and seen one of them following me, grand so he writes that he needs ammo i drop some and then he turns and runs back the way he came.

I switched squads and still 10 mins later i see an EOD bot stuck in the tracks and a mav that was up above the station at C so outside i'm guessing.

WTF?

oh and while i'm here!

squad perks if you notice you have the same perk as someone else on your team change it!

same goes for on the same server as last post it was no grenades but squad mate refused to change it despite me telling him over and over

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

danniemcq wrote: »
    oh and while i'm here!

squad perks if you notice you have the same perk as someone else on your team change it!

same goes for on the same server as last post it was no grenades but squad mate refused to change it despite me telling him over and over

Something I always keep an eye on, of a 4 man squad the other day, 3 had sprint. They were quick enough to change once I commented on it, but still, you should look to what the others have when moving to a squad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Aaaaaaaaand banned from another server. Kill guy with main barrel in a tank. Ban. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

What next? Servers that respect the Geneva Convention?

Advertisement