Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I dunno what it was about the few games I played last night but spawns seemed very COD like to me!

A good few times (enough to make me take stock of it) I spawned directly in front of an enemy.. and I dont mean spawning on a teamate in the middle of a battle.. I'm talking conquest.. spawn at a specfic flag please and BAM.. I end up directly in some lads view and get taken out within 2 seconds!!

Was very strange as I had never encountered it that badly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

5uspect wrote: »
    I've managed to survive by running at a tank a few times. Sometimes the driver panics and hops out if they're too dump to realise I can't possibly have C4, other times they simply can't hit me and just sit there trying to point blank me with the main cannon.

I'm away with work for four weeks, no BF3 for me for a long time. :(

As soon as I notice a red/orange blob on on radar from proximity scan i jump into third person view just to see what type of soldier will be running for me.

As for your second point, I'm moving house this weekend to a place that has no internet access... I feel your pain :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just got kicked from a server by an admin cause I killed him with my machine gun while he circled spawn in a chopper. Another admin killed me cause I was piloting a chopper so he could take over. These servers are a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Just got kicked from a server by an admin cause I killed him with my machine gun while he circled spawn in a chopper. Another admin killed me cause I was piloting a chopper so he could take over. These servers are a joke!

A lot of the servers are complete balls, it's why I have a short list of favourites that I have played a lot that don't pull any bull****.

Its starting to get really annoying playing rush with the sound constantly breaking!!

dont have a clue if the objective has been armed half the time when defending!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

A lot of the servers are complete balls, it's why I have a short list of favourites that I have played a lot that don't pull any bull****.

I juts mainly play on Dice servers because i don't want extremely long games.
    I like to actually finish a game without quitting before i go to bed.
    Although some times the double ticket servers can be good as the games swing back between teams a bit more when evenly matched.

For some reason all servers, even European ones are showing up as 1 bar connection for me on the server lists..

Not getting great connections at all.. Very frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

hypermuse wrote: »
    For some reason all servers, even European ones are showing up as 1 bar connection for me on the server lists..

Not getting great connections at all.. Very frustrating!
    Has your NAT type changed?
    That happened me before,turns out my NAT reverted to type 3 for some reason.

cambo2008 wrote: »

musta.. Not entirely sure what all that means I just know type 1 is what you want.. NAT used to always change on COD..

Swithced it off for a while.. I'll sure it'll sort itself out!

hypermuse wrote: »

musta.. Not entirely sure what all that means I just know type 1 is what you want.. NAT used to always change on COD..

Swithced it off for a while.. I'll sure it'll sort itself out!
    Type 1 and 2 is fine,type 3 restricts your connection,something to do with your firewall blocking ports iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

as someone above said, your best bet is to find a few servers that are grand, not run by idiot mods, and favourite them

I've decided there needs to be some serious Spawn Delay for people who suicide run in jets. It's so ****ing annoying.

"Battlefield is awesome because it's SO REALISTIC!!!! Now watch me as I crash this 35 million dollar aircraft and wait for another to magically appear."

"Battlefield is awesome because it's SO REALISTIC!!!! Now watch me as I crash this 35 million dollar aircraft and wait for another to magically appear."
    Is that the only bit you find that lets the game down in regard to being lifelike???
    You do know that when you die,that's it,you won't respawn down by Supermacs?
    Be careful man,you only get 1 life.

Do you drive?
    If you do and you damage your vehicle,I suggest taking it to a qualified mechanic.Whatever you do,don't go at it with a blowtorch,you will only make it worse.

A couple of other things you might want to know.
    A tanks top speed is pretty slow due to its immense weight and a wheel system that is designed more to cope with any terrain rather than with speed in mind.It doesn't have a turbo to kick in like those dudes in their Evos and Imprezas.Better to get a small car for nipping to the shops.
    Also,if you are planning on running a marathon,leave the Javelin,EOD bot,mines and guns and ammo at home.You will struggle to walk never mind sprint for miles.

1 last thing,don't jump off 100 foot buildings with a parachute,they don't have time to deploy and you will just go splat on the ground.Best take the lift if you're in a hurry.
    Hope this helps. :)

Is that the only bit you find that lets the game down in regard to being lifelike???
    You do know that when you die,that's it,you won't respawn down by Supermacs?
    Be careful man,you only get 1 life.

Do you drive?
    If you do and you damage your vehicle,I suggest taking it to a qualified mechanic.Whatever you do,don't go at it with a blowtorch,you will only make it worse.

A couple of other things you might want to know.
    A tanks top speed is pretty slow due to its immense weight and a wheel system that is designed more to cope with any terrain rather than with speed in mind.It doesn't have a turbo to kick in like those dudes in their Evos and Imprezas.Better to get a small car for nipping to the shops.
    Also,if you are planning on running a marathon,leave the Javelin,EOD bot,mines and guns and ammo at home.You will struggle to walk never mind sprint for miles.

1 last thing,don't jump off 100 foot buildings with a parachute,they don't have time to deploy and you will just go splat on the ground.Best take the lift if you're in a hurry.
    Hope this helps. :)

Really? I was full sure that I would get at least one respawn when I die. Good to know.

Next time I complain in any way about the game I will be sure to provide a laundry list of issues. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Really? I was full sure that I would get at least one respawn when I die. Good to know.

Next time I complain in any way about the game I will be sure to provide a laundry list of issues. :rolleyes:

yeah isn't deja vu just you restarting at the last checkpoint?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

An Abrams is powered by a gas turbine, essentially a big turbo.
    rainn-wilson-as-dwight-schrute.jpg

5uspect wrote: »
    An Abrams is powered by a gas turbine, essentially a big turbo.
    But can it do 100 km/h........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Can it even do that in-game? Best I've managed (AFAIK) is something around 55.

Zomg Okay wrote: »

Can it even do that in-game? Best I've managed (AFAIK) is something around 55.
    Nah,just a slight exaggeration ;)
    But I doubt any real tank can hit the kind of speeds they do in game.I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

link says max speed is 35 mph ??

french leclerq and german leopard 2 are supposed to be the fastest MBT iirc
    wikipedia says they have a max speed of 45 mph

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

I wouldnt lose sleep if the attack helicopter was taken out of the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I wouldnt lose sleep if the attack helicopter was taken out of the game...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPHzHqY7eygeBSYi-evc4Uw07W5z2HphLiuPMTkqKD0JxWWZ81

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

If another boards mod takes my tags I'll fcken scream. :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

ffs, every new round that starts tonight, i get disconnected within a minute, EA goes offline for another minute then i'm back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Lag I've been getting tonight is unbearable. Its definitely not me either as my connection has been a steady 6-8MB

Thought it might just be the EA servers I was on but it was the same for the DICE ones too. Lag wasn't my only issue either. Had numerous EA connection disconnects -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

delly wrote: »
    ffs, every new round that starts tonight, i get disconnected within a minute, EA goes offline for another minute then i'm back in.
    Tonight, two lads on our TS getting disconnected from BF3 at the exact same time but they werent dropping from TS. A few times they got disconnected from TS at the same time but stayed connected in game. One is based in Cork and the other in Waterford, the common connection was eircom.

Both have different routers and all the upnp stuff turned off on the router and in windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just earned 83000 points in a 32player conquest. I actually hate double XP though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Tonight, two lads on our TS getting disconnected from BF3 at the exact same time but they werent dropping from TS. A few times they got disconnected from TS at the same time but stayed connected in game. One is based in Cork and the other in Waterford, the common connection was eircom.

Both have different routers and all the upnp stuff turned off on the router and in windows.

I had a constant ping going in the backround to make sure the net connection was staying up, and it was grand. The last round in craggy had no issues, so god knows if it was just a general EA window of craziness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah big issues with the EA servers last night.
    It's bloody ridiculous that all EA games use the same authentication servers.
    Lots of pissed off FIFA users as well.
    This is the second night in a row having connection problems with EA..

Advertisement