Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I ahd no issues and wasn't kicked at all. I have UPC. One of the lads kept getting kicked, though and he has Eircom. Hmmmmm........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I ahd no issues and wasn't kicked at all. I have UPC. One of the lads kept getting kicked, though and he has Eircom. Hmmmmm........

same here actually..on eircom as well.everything else still worked perfectly though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Smart telecom user here, had no issues (although hardly played really)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Eircom user here ( actually posted in my notice to cease service yesterday morning , switching to UPC ) , couldn't stay connected to a server last night , not even our TS server which is hosted by Rackage . Kept getting kicked from TS and losing my connection to Battlefield .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Tonight, two lads on our TS getting disconnected from BF3 at the exact same time but they werent dropping from TS. A few times they got disconnected from TS at the same time but stayed connected in game. One is based in Cork and the other in Waterford, the common connection was eircom.
    Both have different routers and all the upnp stuff turned off on the router and in windows.
    Blazer wrote: »
    same here actually..on eircom as well.everything else still worked perfectly though
    jonski wrote: »
    Eircom user here ( actually posted in my notice to cease service yesterday morning , switching to UPC ) , couldn't stay connected to a server last night , not even our TS server which is hosted by Rackage . Kept getting kicked from TS and losing my connection to Battlefield .
    Tonight, two lads on our TS getting disconnected from BF3 at the exact same time but they werent dropping from TS. A few times they got disconnected from TS at the same time but stayed connected in game. One is based in Cork and the other in Waterford, the common connection was eircom.
    Both have different routers and all the upnp stuff turned off on the router and in windows.

i'm seeing a trend....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I was on UPC earlier in the evening with no problems.

Was playing a game of conquest assault which I have never played before but it was good fun.

Vehicles seem to spawn all over the place and as I prefer close quarters maps and generally suck at using any vehicles I was just placing mines in front of unattended vehicles and around the flags and got a ridiculous amount of kills from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

The problem is on ea's side. On the official bf3 forum loads of people complaining about the disconnects yesterday.Plenty with upc and eircom. Seems to be more common on xbox for some reason. EA are supposedly looking into the matter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Decryptor wrote: »
    If another boards mod takes my tags I'll fcken scream. :(

Awh I must get on soon and grab a few more of yours, has been a while :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Awh I must get on soon and grab a few more of yours, has been a while :P
    Nah, yer grand. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Every single European DICE HC server is a ghost town. Forced to play softcore. It's horrible! :eek: HORRIBLE! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I hate HC tbh. Full of ***** who don't realise that they can respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Decryptor wrote: »
    If another boards mod takes my tags I'll fcken scream. :(

Yeah I must also turn my attention back to you, you were safe last night, theGaelicwarrior wasn't though I got his tag like 3 times in 2 rounds getting me a melee medal in the process and he was not a happy bunny on teamspeak, I think the word hax showed up on the chat a few times too lol.

Yeah I must line up the mods whit there names and see who is missing from my collection :O

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Trying to play squad death match to complete some stupid assignment. Two other guys were alternating between assault and support. Had mics and were playing ok. Then we have the other guy. Recon. With a feckin sniper rifle. On metro.

MarkR wrote: »
    Trying to play squad death match to complete some stupid assignment. Two other guys were alternating between assault and support. Had mics and were playing ok. Then we have the other guy. Recon. With a feckin sniper rifle. On metro.
    I hate squad death match.

I said screw that assignment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi,

Been moving onto 6 service stars for each class but last night when I moved from 5 to 6 I didnt get the 10,000 points.

Is that normal or a glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

I wouldnt lose sleep if the attack helicopter was taken out of the game...
    I would lose sleep if I could actually use aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

MarkR wrote: »

I love the "instant camp and snipe" mentality that people have. Playing Conquest? Don't have control of any of the objectives? Snipe from your own camp!

Just finished a Conquest game on Metro where the whole team except on dude and myself started sniping when the opposing team pushed up and took A. Me and this one other dude kept sneaking in behind them and taking C, then moving up and taking B. Still nobody moving out of our spawn.

In the end we actually got pretty pissed off and both loaded up on M320's with smoke and just bombed the **** out of our own spawn so they couldn't snipe out of it.

I love the "instant camp and snipe" mentality that people have. Playing Conquest? Don't have control of any of the objectives? Snipe from your own camp!

Just finished a Conquest game on Metro where the whole team except on dude and myself started sniping when the opposing team pushed up and took A. Me and this one other dude kept sneaking in behind them and taking C, then moving up and taking B. Still nobody moving out of our spawn.

In the end we actually got pretty pissed off and both loaded up on M320's with smoke and just bombed the **** out of our own spawn so they couldn't snipe out of it.

I had similar last night.

Oh crap. On conquest. And no bases. Best whip out a sniper rifle and kneel. That'll get this game won.

So then I had to equip recon (ump) to use a radio beacon to encourage them to leave base. WTF? Ran right through B to take C with a beacon hidden well and nobody uses it so we lose C again, use my beacon and take it again. The whole time the tards were bobbing back and forth like the AI from the original medal of honour.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Proof all snipers are faegs and too afraid to actually go and fight. Whatever about RPG's etc on Metro, sniper rifles make no sense unless you're the biggest pussy known to mankind. Too afraid to let a digital representation of yourself get stuck into a close quarters fight? Go play that Sniper Pussy game instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Shiminay wrote: »
    Proof all snipers are faegs and too afraid to actually go and fight. Whatever about RPG's etc on Metro, sniper rifles make no sense unless you're the biggest pussy known to mankind. Too afraid to let a digital representation of yourself get stuck into a close quarters fight? Go play that Sniper Pussy game instead.

I wouldnt go that far, I snipe the odd time but MOST people dont seem to think a sniper is a part of the team simply cause their not near their team mates.

If I see a big push from my team I will mav up the path for them in order to make sure the bulk can get into a foothold position and if a com is armed then I get my ass into overwatch. So many times a good sniper on overwatch of an armed Mcom can stop a disarm far more effectivly than any other class beside it.

Dont even get me started on the benfits of a spawn beacon placed at a point the enemy wouldnt expect. The class has merit on most maps just not in the style most people end up playing it as.

• Advertisement

I'll regularly take out a guy trying to snipe on Metro with my RPG. I ****ing LOVE doing that. Splash damage is a bitch. :D
    hightower1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt go that far, I snipe the odd time but MOST people dont seem to think a sniper is a part of the team simply cause their not near their team mates.

If I see a big push from my team I will mav up the path for them in order to make sure the bulk can get into a foothold position and if a com is armed then I get my ass into overwatch. So many times a good sniper on overwatch of an armed Mcom can stop a disarm far more effectivly than any other class beside it.

Dont even get me started on the benfits of a spawn beacon placed at a point the enemy wouldnt expect. The class has merit on most maps just not in the style most people end up playing it as.

Absolutely. Recon also has many other weapons available to them besides sniper rifles. I'll regularly play Recon on Metro and Bazzar, bring the P90 with me, T-ugs and a Spawn Beacon.

F**k you too, buddy. :)

Now, if you're done calling people fags, can I just point out that not every single Recon player does the wookie routine up on a mountain and that it is idiotic to insult the entire group because of those that do?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Some people are jelly about my headshots, it seems.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    F**k you too, buddy. :)

Now, if you're done calling people fags, can I just point out that not every single Recon player does the wookie routine up on a mountain and that it is idiotic to insult the entire group because of those that do?
    I don't think it's hugely unfair to lump all snipers into the same bracket. It is a rare day that I get a sniper in my squad who is adding to anything other than his K/D. Attacking on Rush Damavand Peak? I'll just snipe from the mountains. You go in and get frustrated and arm the MCom 10 times without anyone defending it.

Of course there are exceptions, but it's a valid gripe imo. Maybe if spot bonuses and spawning on a beacon gave you more points you may have more soflams and beacons in decent areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Attacking on Rush Damavand Peak? I'll just snipe from the mountains. You go in and get frustrated and arm the MCom 10 times without anyone defending it.

And ironically rush on damavand is where a sniper can do massive damage at nearly every set of mcoms seeing as the enemy trickle down and usually come in small groups. A mav or tugs can be well hidden in the base and a spawn beacon can literally drop you off 10m direct (no chute) beside both stations. Equip a shotty or p90 silenced there and a sniper + maybe one medic can hold a MCom no prob against an average team.

hightower1 wrote: »
    And ironically rush on damavand is where a sniper can do massive damage at nearly every set of mcoms seeing as the enemy trickle down and usually come in small groups. A mav or tugs can be well hidden in the base and a spawn beacon can literally drop you off 10m direct (no chute) beside both stations. Equip a shotty or p90 silenced there and a sniper + maybe one medic can hold a MCom no prob against an average team.
    I'm working on getting the recon time medal and I use P90 with beacon then soflam\tugs\mav depending on what is needed. A MAV is almost essential on rush tbh. There are some benefits but far too often it's jist not clear what your snipers are doing. It's also the sheer volume of them that is frustrating. We don't need 8 snipers you *****.

I love having a good sniper on the team. I hate having 2 lads sniping into a certain area and still getting a trickle of enemies, or even enemy sniper fire, from that location. Once they can keep **** locked down I am happy enough, I'll make sure they have a health pack and ammo near them. Find a good sniper and support the **** out of them and things should be a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I play most nights with a few guys on TS and we almost always have a sniper in the squad , they are essential for tugs and spawn point . Even on Metro HC you need one for when you break through as US . Having said that we only play conquest .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You don't need to be a sniper to use the Recon class - I find myself nearly always using Recon in CC games now that I've unlocked the SPAS-12. TUGS are easy points and really useful for knowing where the enemy is and the spawn beacon can be surprisingly useful. I just don't see how never facing your enemy "like a man" (;)) and popping off headshots from half a map away is fun. I don't doubt or question the considerable skill it takes to do it, I just think it's a really sh1tty way to play any sort of game.

• Advertisement

It is a rare day that I get a sniper in my squad who is adding to anything other than his K/D.

There is the obvious argument that in Conquest and for the defending team on Rush, killing the enemy to reduce their ticket count is an important step to victory. There's more to it than that obviously but a Recon player using his equipment and his head is a valuable asset.

Most of them seemingly don't but it's still unfair to tar the whole lot because of them. You always hear about young adult drivers crashing cars. Should every young adult be branded a boy/girl racer because of those that do? No. There's the other side of it as well. You can't see what the sniper is doing from his point of view, only yours.

I see just as many Support, Assault and Engineers not playing the objective as I do Recon. Yet only Recon gets the bad rep. Tell me, how many times has a Support ignored your pleas for ammo? Or an Assault refused to drop a medikit? I'm going to out on a limb and say you've lost count. I have seen people run or drive straight past an enemy flag or a MCOM that needs arming/disarming countless times. But it's okay because they aren't Recon. :rolleyes:
    Attacking on Rush Damavand Peak? I'll just snipe from the mountains. You go in and get frustrated and arm the MCom 10 times without anyone defending it.

Fair enough, if he's up on a mountain somewhere he's almost certainly up to no good. But not always. I was playing Recon with my M40 on Damavand Rush one time. My squad mate was harassing me because he assumed I wasn't playing the objective. While he was harassing the wrong team and definitely not playing the objective, I shot three players dead who were attempting to disarm the MCOM. It looked like I wasn't playing the objective but I definitely was. It looks like nobody is defending it - but that's the point of having a long range weapon.
    Of course there are exceptions, but it's a valid gripe imo. Maybe if spot bonuses and spawning on a beacon gave you more points you may have more soflams and beacons in decent areas.

It's a valid gripe all right but not if you criminalise every single Recon in the community and not say a word about other classes not playing the objective. I do agree that spotting and spawning bonuses need to be higher though. Reviving points need to be reduced also. But the point still stands that the very existence of exceptions automatically makes it unfair to call every Recon player a fag or pussy.
    You don't need to be a sniper to use the Recon class - I find myself nearly always using Recon in CC games now that I've unlocked the SPAS-12. TUGS are easy points and really useful for knowing where the enemy is and the spawn beacon can be surprisingly useful. I just don't see how never facing your enemy "like a man" (;)) and popping off headshots from half a map away is fun. I don't doubt or question the considerable skill it takes to do it, I just think it's a really sh1tty way to play any sort of game.

The keyword here is "game". You don't have fun sniping. Other people do. The entire point of gaming is entertainment. Why refuse to do something you like just because of some people who will take time out of playing the objective to harass you for not playing the objective? :rolleyes:

We also once again come to the exceptions - you don't see many Recon players getting up close and personal but that doesn't mean none of them do. Even when I'm hanging back with a sniper rifle, there's a .44 Magnum at my side in case I feel I can do more close up.

If you want to feel "like a man" while shooting at people, join the army or play a sport like paintball or airsoft. You're playing a video game, for Christ's sake, the important thing is enjoying it.

Advertisement