Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I honestly think recon is the most powerful class in the game mainly because the spawn beacon is the most powerful single item in the game!

Use it sensibly and you give your whole squad a huge advantage when trying to take/defend mComs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

hypermuse wrote: »
    I honestly think recon is the most powerful class in the game mainly because the spawn beacon is the most powerful single item in the game!

Use it sensibly and you give your whole squad a huge advantage when trying to take/defend mComs

And yet most of my squad don't use it when I plant it. Despite this, I get the rap for not PTFO'ing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not sure about the "I've had my fun" attitude to gaming Zomg. Sure, it is for entertainment but if you're playing an objective based game you are impinging on other people's fun. It's the selfish nature of this that bothers me. If people just want kills, play TDM. If they want to play the objective, that's fine too. And just to note, I'm not having a go at you or saying that you are on of these players, I'm talking about my experiences with snipers.

Also, just to address one of your points earlier, I absolutely have seen support and assault players who don't play the objective and don't give out ammo\medic packs. That is massively frustrating also. There just seems to be a higher incidence of snipers not doing anything for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

The other side of the argument and opening a can of worms would be to say that most assault/resupply/engineers are just spray and pray merchants with no thought for the objectives just K/D ratio and points their only concern . Can they cover the stairs at B on metro with a sniper rifle or do they need a gun with 200 bullets in the magazine .

Or........... does it matter , each to his own , anyone playing the objectives has my respect and I am not worried about other people playing the game whatever way they want .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

jonski wrote: »

Or........... does it matter , each to his own , anyone playing the objectives has my respect and I am not worried about other people playing the game whatever way they want .
    This is the point, though. Nobody has a problem with people playing recon while playing the objective. Nobody is disagreeing that Recon is a useful class. But you'd be lying if you said that the same number of people using recon are playing the objective as much as the other classes. It's too tempting for idiots to camp. The sheer volume of times I've had somebody in my squad who is doing nothing other than picking off the odd enemy player suggests that others will have seen this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

But you'd be lying if you said that the same number of people using recon are playing the objective as much as the other classes. It's too tempting for idiots to camp. The sheer volume of times I've had somebody in my squad who is doing nothing other than picking off the odd enemy player suggests that others will have seen this too.

Can't argue with you there , although I do think they are more noticeable .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

XBOX live is down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

One of my only bitches about this game so far, and it's more about EA:
    I ordered 'Premium' using the Origin application store about 2 hours ago paid with PayPal and still haven't received an email for it.

No sign of the order in my order history on EA website.
    Can't access my order history on Origin Beta.

Contacted EA support and they told me they could see it but could take 24-48 hours to complete the transaction...

I said I would wait a few hours and if I hadn't got it I would cancel my order.

'Do you own Battlefield 3?' they ask, 'Yes' I said. They tell me I cannot cancel my order in that case.

It clearly stated when I was making the purchase that by law an EU resident can cancel within 14 days...

'By law, customers in the European Union have the right to withdraw from this purchase within 14 calendar days after the date of purchase.
    Please note that you will lose your right of withdrawal if you start downloading your purchase before the end of this time period. See Terms of Sale for details'.

Now 'Premium' is reduced to 40 euro on g2play, I'm tempted to force them to cancel the Origin order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Not sure about the "I've had my fun" attitude to gaming Zomg. Sure, it is for entertainment but if you're playing an objective based game you are impinging on other people's fun. It's the selfish nature of this that bothers me. If people just want kills, play TDM. If they want to play the objective, that's fine too. And just to note, I'm not having a go at you or saying that you are on of these players, I'm talking about my experiences with snipers.

Also, just to address one of your points earlier, I absolutely have seen support and assault players who don't play the objective and don't give out ammo\medic packs. That is massively frustrating also. There just seems to be a higher incidence of snipers not doing anything for the team.

Agreed, its a very selfish attitude and runs along the same lines of "I paid for it and Ill use it how I want" , yet at the same time your playing a COMMUNITY based game that heavily requires TEAMWORK. Like it or not when playing online in a team your still in a team, you wouldnt get picked for football very often if you just kept acting the muppet just cause you can foce yourself into a game here isnt a license to act selfishly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Loaded into a Conquest on the Canals. "No IGLA or JAVELIN/Soflam or kick".

Fair enough, they obviously like flying those Little Birds. Blew 2 of them out of the sky inside 2 minutes with my RPG and got banned from the server.

Losers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Myself and 2 other boards lads completely and utterly pwning a clan of 8 on a CQ server, we all get kicked by admin :p Kunts but there ya go. Rented servers are full of babies that can't take losing or getting killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Only playing on a handful of servers now sick of getting armfulls of flags and mcoms armed/disarmed and getting kicked as a hacker !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Fair enough, they obviously like flying those Little Birds. Blew 2 of them out of the sky inside 2 minutes with my RPG and got banned from the server.

Losers.
    Joined one just like that before, shock horror admin his buddies spawn raping the carrier 24/7 :rolleyes:

On Recons I put them in the same catagory as Jet whores, unless they are top class players they contribute very little and really only kill other Recon/ Jets.

On that note, dear god I hate the JNG-90, all I get are kill assists..:(
    Also what the hell is with the RPK losing extended mags and M27 getting them!? :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Myself and 2 other boards lads completely and utterly pwning a clan of 8 on a CQ server, we all get kicked by admin :p Kunts but there ya go. Rented servers are full of babies that can't take losing or getting killed.

Hip firing the P90 made them cry I tells ya! I was tearing it up in that game. Not our fault they were all garbage.
    Joined one just like that before, shock horror admin his buddies spawn raping the carrier 24/7 :rolleyes:

On Recons I put them in the same catagory as Jet whores, unless they are top class players they contribute very little and really only kill other Recon/ Jets.

On that note, dear god I hate the JNG-90, all I get are kill assists..:(
    Also what the hell is with the RPK losing extended mags and M27 getting them!? :confused:

You're right. I'd say well over 90% of Recon players are next to useless if on the same team more so because you're effectively playing with one less man for the most part. I'm a relatively good aggressive recon player be it with a sniper or a PDW. Do a hell of a lot of work with my MAV (including getting kills if need be when having to defend an M-Com before it's mentioned by someone) as well as with the SOFLAM. Wished others would do the same.

As for the RPK. They've completed took away it's usefulness. Added recoil is one thing I can deal (even with heavy barrel it kicks likes a mule big time) with but removing extended mags is completely idiotic. I've not used the gun in months despite it being in my Top 5 guns for a very, very long time up until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Was playing on close quarters conquest the other day and down on the basement level of Operation 925, I found myself in the small room just off the car park that has two doors leading out of it, one to the hall with the stairs up to objective A, and the other that leads out to that smaller room with the desk and window looking out into the car park.

I went to exit through the door into the hall when I was killed by an explosion and was given the infamous 'Bad Luck' message. Only seconds passed before I was revived by a team mate. How nice to see people using their equipment wisely. Got to my feet and tried again to exit the room only to find the medic that had revived me standing in my way. Perhaps he hasn't seen me trying to leave the room you say? He swung his knife at my face repeatedly. No matter, I shall simply use the other door. Turn to find another medic standing in my way in the other door, also swinging his knife at me and unloading hand gun rounds into me.

They remained there for the rest of the game.... A good 10 minutes at least. Unfortunately they weren't killed.

Anybody see any logic in their behavior, because I don't. They both messaged me after the game telling me I was welcome. For what, I do not know. :confused:

422nd wrote: »
    Was playing on close quarters conquest the other day and down on the basement level of Operation 925, I found myself in the small room just off the car park that has two doors leading out of it, one to the hall with the stairs up to objective A, and the other that leads out to that smaller room with the desk and window looking out into the car park.

I went to exit through the door into the hall when I was killed by an explosion and was given the infamous 'Bad Luck' message. Only seconds passed before I was revived by a team mate. How nice to see people using their equipment wisely. Got to my feet and tried again to exit the room only to find the medic that had revived me standing in my way. Perhaps he hasn't seen me trying to leave the room you say? He swung his knife at my face repeatedly. No matter, I shall simply use the other door. Turn to find another medic standing in my way in the other door, also swinging his knife at me and unloading hand gun rounds into me.

They remained there for the rest of the game.... A good 10 minutes at least. Unfortunately they weren't killed.

Anybody see any logic in their behavior, because I don't. They both messaged me after the game telling me I was welcome. For what, I do not know. :confused:

Hehe, there are advantages to hardcore. ;)

You could have escaped very easily even without team-killing. Suicide via the options menu and respawn elsewhere. You can't revive someone who suicides through the pause menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Why the fcuk am I getting kicked and banned for no fcuking reason???!!

Why the fcuk am I getting kicked and banned for no fcuking reason???!!

Because server admins can kick and ban indiscriminately. Use the Server Browser to find DICE or EA servers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Losers.

I hate when servers have stupid "rules" like that.
    Clearly, he means "i like to play in helicopters, kill me and get banned" :rolleyes: .. feckin' dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Because server admins can kick and ban indiscriminately. Use the Server Browser to find DICE or EA servers instead.

good advice

some admins kick the last person to join when a friend wants to play and the game's full. This happened to me once and the host actually PMed me to explain, lol that made up for many of the times i was rage kicked by twats, nearly brought a tear to my eye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Madbod wrote: »
    good advice

some admins kick the last person to join when a friend wants to play and the game's full. This happened to me once and the host actually PMed me to explain, lol that made up for many of the times i was rage kicked by twats, nearly brought a tear to my eye

First time ever getting kicked the other day, happened twice on 2 diff servers. Each time was when I owned someone in jet v jet combat... sore looser tbh. One thing dice forgot to add when giving children access to the toolbox as it were was to give everyone access to "avoid server"

Madbod wrote: »
    good advice

I would have sent back a message saying he could wait like us mortals have to, to be honest. It was nice of him to explain but still...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There needs to be a "these guys are tards, avoid this server at all costs" sort of rating system for private servers I think. Sure, any sort of "rep" system is open to abuse, but if these idiots want to spend their money on a server for only 3 people and are left wondering why no one wants to play with them cause they've got the social skills of a nail clippers, then I'm all for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I was on one of the official Dice servers playing conquest on Kharg Island. I died and respawned at the checkpoint / deployment area just on the beach- where the tanks are. I was looking for a vehicle and saw some lad on my team jumping into one of the jeeps. I ran over to him to get a lift... he waited for me and then just before I got to him he drove off... he then stopped and I ran towards him again and he started reversing away from me. Eventually he just drove off without from me towards objective A. What a c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Veloce wrote: »
    I was on one of the official Dice servers playing conquest on Kharg Island. I died and respawned at the checkpoint / deployment area just on the beach- where the tanks are. I was looking for a vehicle and saw some lad on my team jumping into one of the jeeps. I ran over to him to get a lift... he waited for me and then just before I got to him he drove off... he then stopped and I ran towards him again and he started reversing away from me. Eventually he just drove off without from me towards objective A. What a c**t.

sorry but that is kinda funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Made me laugh too :D
    Although if it was happening to me there would be abuse being hurled all over the place.

danniemcq wrote: »
    sorry but that is kinda funny!
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    Made me laugh too :D
    Although if it was happening to me there would be abuse being hurled all over the place.

Thanks a lot for the sympathy lads :rolleyes: haha

I can see the funny side... me running after him like an absolute idiot and he kept pulling away from me. I wish I had my RPG on me as I would have tried to blow up his jeep! I was pretty irate afterwards as I was trying my best to play the objective. I got over it though :P

I can see the funny side... me running after him like an absolute idiot and he kept pulling away from me. I wish I had my RPG on me as I would have tried to blow up his jeep! I was pretty irate afterwards as I was trying my best to play the objective. I got over it though :P

Just switch sides and knife the bastard.:D

Just switch sides and knife the bastard.:D

I should have thought of switching sides goddamit!!

• Advertisement

Squad Deathmatch, where the glitchers and hackers live apparently.

Advertisement