Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Trying to level up the scout choppers atm. My god, I never thought the mentality of some players would get as low as some of the stuff I have witnessed in COD but conquest on nos canals takes the cake.

It basically devolves into who can spawn camp who in choppers for 90%+ of the games. To make that worse the amount of squads who lock themselves out from being joined and then whore the coppers is a joke. I aint the best chopper pilot in the world, in fact most of the time if I know a squadmate is way better than me I'll land and switch seats cause its better for both of us in the long run.

Cant wait to get this leveled up so I can put this childish ****e behind me and never look at conquest on nosh again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

hightower1 wrote: »
    Trying to level up the scout choppers atm. My god, I never thought the mentality of some players would get as low as some of the stuff I have witnessed in COD but conquest on nos canals takes the cake.

It basically devolves into who can spawn camp who in choppers for 90%+ of the games. To make that worse the amount of squads who lock themselves out from being joined and then whore the coppers is a joke. I aint the best chopper pilot in the world, in fact most of the time if I know a squadmate is way better than me I'll land and switch seats cause its better for both of us in the long run.

Cant wait to get this leveled up so I can put this childish ****e behind me and never look at conquest on nosh again. :mad:

I found it a lot easier to level up on Scout Heli's on Rush on Sharqi I have to say. Better blockage against Ingla's and just a better map for the Little Bird all round.

Get a mate to spawn in with you and make sure he has a repair tool and you can repair in midflight.

It finally all came together for me the other night in the Little Bird and I killed my first infantry with it, then killed 23 more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

hightower1 wrote: »

Noshahr Canals conquest is number one in my list of most misbegotten maps of all time.

Not only do people become morons and focus on choppers to the detriment of everything else, from the design stage the map is a sick joke. There is no excuse for the Russian side to lose because if you can get three flags the other team might never reach dry land again.

The scout choppers are crap. Yes, laser painter and guided shell will do a lot, but unless there's two, maybe three people in them so the engies in the back are repairing, they're not going to be around too long. Even with clued-in engineers, one soflam/citv and you're toast.

So, the US side getting two scouts isn't a benefit at all - and does precious little to counterbalance the two MBTs on the Russian side.

The only thing the US has that's likely to win straight up against armour is the LAV - which can be one hit disabled by the crappy Z11W scout, and you can't repair in water. Even if you get to land, it's entirely possible that you're blind to AT mines that are on the flat after the incline you're funneled into on three of the main entry points.

Anytime I play this as US I spend what feels like the entire game just bringing the LAV to shore.

I am bemused why the Russians don't get a single tank, and then put a tank on the map which would spawn at B if that flag was held by the US, like the Viper on Sharqi in conquest assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Said pretty much the same about Canals on here a few weeks back. I'm pretty good in the scout heli (average in attack heli, though) and much prefer to spawn using the Z11w. Easy to get up high and pick off the choppers and then you don't need to worry about tanks.

Also, the Amtrac. Why does nobody bring it out? Why am I always the only idiot to get it moving out, then when I get to the ramps, someone bails in as gunner. No way buddy, I brought this along, I get to be gunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Don't get me started on the amtrac, it's basically a mobile spawn beacon tank, sick of driving it up to m-coms parking it beside the mcom so someone can spawn and jump out and arm or defend me arming the m-com, sit there for 2 mins and everyone else is back at the start of the map sniping. It's the best vehicle in the game for rush and its underused. The only place it's useless is on kharg first stage where it can be javelin'd to bits before it gets anywhere near the shore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Yeah next time .. Park 10-20feet from the M-COM ....cause this happens

To arm M-com hold "E" ... ah crap I have entered the feckin amtrac , exit , Die .

Against RPGs Amtrac is great. Against soflam and Javelin , waste of time .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Joeface wrote: »
    Yeah next time .. Park 10-20feet from the M-COM ....cause this happens

To arm M-com hold "E" ... ah crap I have entered the feckin amtrac , exit , Die .

Against RPGs Amtrac is great. Against soflam and Javelin , waste of time .
    It has IR smoke. IR smoke is overpowered versus the Javelin. Before you can reload and get a lock the IR smoke has reloaded on the AMtrac. RPG and C4 are your only men against the Amtrac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Don't get me started on the amtrac, it's basically a mobile spawn beacon tank, sick of driving it up to m-coms parking it beside the mcom so someone can spawn and jump out and arm or defend me arming the m-com, sit there for 2 mins and everyone else is back at the start of the map sniping. It's the best vehicle in the game for rush and its underused. The only place it's useless is on kharg first stage where it can be javelin'd to bits before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Not technically a bitch but the amtrac is deadly, on nosh at the last set of mcoms on rush there is nothing better than smashing straight into the base through the barrier and laying waste.

For my whinge here..... trying to level the scouts wouldnt be such a chore only for the fact that the only useful set up of laser painter, ecm and guided shell are some of the last unlocks. So not only do you have to go up against more experienced players you can even start to level the playing field until the last few unlocks. Have almost every other vehicle no service stars right now and thats the only reason Im grinding this chore out.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

My major gripe with BF3 is that weapons and aircraft without upgrades are horrible - any gun without a sight is almost unusable for me, and the length of deaths I have to go through to upgrade.

raze wrote: »
    Noshahr Canals conquest is number one in my list of most misbegotten maps of all time.

Not only do people become morons and focus on choppers to the detriment of everything else, from the design stage the map is a sick joke. There is no excuse for the Russian side to lose because if you can get three flags the other team might never reach dry land again.

The scout choppers are crap. Yes, laser painter and guided shell will do a lot, but unless there's two, maybe three people in them so the engies in the back are repairing, they're not going to be around too long. Even with clued-in engineers, one soflam/citv and you're toast.

So, the US side getting two scouts isn't a benefit at all - and does precious little to counterbalance the two MBTs on the Russian side.

The only thing the US has that's likely to win straight up against armour is the LAV - which can be one hit disabled by the crappy Z11W scout, and you can't repair in water. Even if you get to land, it's entirely possible that you're blind to AT mines that are on the flat after the incline you're funneled into on three of the main entry points.

Anytime I play this as US I spend what feels like the entire game just bringing the LAV to shore.

I am bemused why the Russians don't get a single tank, and then put a tank on the map which would spawn at B if that flag was held by the US, like the Viper on Sharqi in conquest assault.

Winning that map with the Americans is all about holding B I find. You can basically hide an Amtrack in the water down there, I've worked an Amtrack down to the big Warehouse many a time and it has never been found giving you a constant foothold at B even if they do take it back. We always work to hold A and B, letting them have C because they can roll a tank up on it way too quickly.

We normally have a skilled sniper with a Soflam on the roof of B Warehouse, then the squad breakdown will be 2 Engies with Javelins, a Support and an Assault. Pretty much constantly keeping each other alive and resupplied and just bashing the crap out of their armour with the Javs.

We'll use the Little Birds to harry the hills to the side of their Spawn and mash up C objective a bit. We are also fond of using the Birds as mobile Javelin launchers if they manage to knock out of Soflam.

Winning on this Map is basically all about Spawning quickly at the start and getting a foothold, then not getting distracted from keeping said foothold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

I have stopped playing due to all the cheating going on:( after reading this )http://kotaku.com/5919160/one-shot-one-kill-no-skill-why-a-regular-gamer-started-paying-to-cheat-at-video-games

It was the last straw for me , cant enjoy the game any more:mad:. When I did play one gripe I had was the way some weapons were nerfed eg . The AA tank was set to do less damage to infantry and aircraft etc . and the time it takes to lock on with stingers etc were a complete joke.

vex wrote: »
    I have stopped playing due to all the cheating going on:( after reading this )http://kotaku.com/5919160/one-shot-one-kill-no-skill-why-a-regular-gamer-started-paying-to-cheat-at-video-games

It was the last straw for me , cant enjoy the game any more:mad:. When I did play one gripe I had was the way some weapons were nerfed eg . The AA tank was set to do less damage to infantry and aircraft etc . and the time it takes to lock on with stingers etc were a complete joke.
    Whoa. That's pretty incredible. Had no idea, to be honest. Hoping that because I play it on console it's unaffected..

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

solarith wrote: »
    Whoa. That's pretty incredible. Had no idea, to be honest. Hoping that because I play it on console it's unaffected..

Yeah I'm also assuming that this is more a PC thing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Its around but its not that bad, i've played over 450 hours and only came across a hacker twice. Stick to admin'd servers and they're usually found and kicked pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

He does that **** because he's stressed out? What an asshole. There are so many ways he could relieve stress without ruining everyone's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I thought that article was about the spas 12...

interesting though i don't think i'd pay 25 quid a month to cheat though. I get the whole I'M GOING TO F*CKING KILL EVERYONE mindset but if you want that play civ on an easy mode and nuke the other cities. or play something like bulletstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

danniemcq wrote: »
    interesting though i don't think i'd pay 25 quid a month to cheat though. I get the whole I'M GOING TO F*CKING KILL EVERYONE mindset but if you want that play civ on an easy mode and nuke the other cities. or play something like bulletstorm.

Exactly.

I have nothing against using cheats. Let's be honest, used from time to time they can make a game a lot more fun. I personally wouldn't use them or walkthroughs to progress in a game but for a bit of fun on the sidelines, why not?

Using them outside a single player game is going too far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I can't believe he actually PAYES to cheat :eek:
    That article does read like on big ad for the hackers though so I wouldn't be surprised if "John" is big fat phony.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not the bit where it says hes been banned a few times, spent 300 or so quid so far, has been kicked out of his clan etc etc.

love the mention of farming simulator though. Currently (and for the last while) one of the top selling games in Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I can't believe he actually PAYES to cheat :eek:
    That article does read like on big ad for the hackers though so I wouldn't be surprised if "John" is big fat phony.

Does mention "John" alot. Even a bio about him. Just one stop short of saying 6ft1 with brown hair :pac:

There is no john. :pac:

• Advertisement

Playing Conquest on Firestorm. Having a superb game...shot down a Heli and a Jet with my tank, rolled up on A, killed their tank, took A, rolled on B, killed another tank and took B. Head down to C and kill some dudes, help take C. A is going down so I hike back up, kill 2 dudes, retake.

And it goes on and on. After a while I am 22-0, we are ahead by 80 tickets and they only have 40 left. I decide to jump in the AA after hiking back to our base because they had some good pilots up harrying out base. I figure we have it in the bag if we can just hamper them in the air. I shoot down 2 jets and a Heli and after a while I glance at the tickets. 7 left and they have 8 and all the bases! What the ****!

Jump out, pile into a tank, tear down to A and clear it out and retake and we win by 1 ticket.

What the **** was the rest of the team doing?

Playing Conquest on Firestorm. Having a superb game...shot down a Heli and a Jet with my tank, rolled up on A, killed their tank, took A, rolled on B, killed another tank and took B. Head down to C and kill some dudes, help take C. A is going down so I hike back up, kill 2 dudes, retake.

And it goes on and on. After a while I am 22-0, we are ahead by 80 tickets and they only have 40 left. I decide to jump in the AA after hiking back to our base because they had some good pilots up harrying out base. I figure we have it in the bag if we can just hamper them in the air. I shoot down 2 jets and a Heli and after a while I glance at the tickets. 7 left and they have 8 and all the bases! What the ****!

Jump out, pile into a tank, tear down to A and clear it out and retake and we win by 1 ticket.

Watching in awe.

solarith wrote: »
    Watching in awe.

lol, I wish. This was a bit of a freak game for me and says more about the calibre of the enemy team than my own ability to play the game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Christ that was tight. At least your team won- I would be seriously pissed off if my team has lost.

My squad on CQ Firestorm last night were the biggest pile of muppets. The 3 others in my squad spent a good portion of the game chasing each other around the deployment area. Some clown in a jeep trying to run his teammates over. One team mate was following the other around shooting him repeatedly in the face while he stood there. It was shocking. Oh and the guy in the aircraft (on our team) was shooting missiles at our deployment tanks and jeeps disabling them before we could use them. I need to find a server that does not compose of a bunch of kids who have no intention of playing the objective.

****sigh****

Going to try and have a decent game of CQ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

To BF3 server owners,

Stop adding stupid rules to your servers; like restricting the use of over half the games weapons.

Just because you don't like certain weapons being used, it doesn't mean the game is unbalanced when they are used.

Man the **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone else keep losing connection on PS3???
    Can't finish a game at the moment.
    The sound dropouts are taking the piss lately too,I'm spending half my time hearing my own footsteps and nothing else :mad:

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The sound dropouts are taking the piss lately too,I'm spending half my time hearing my own footsteps and nothing else :mad:

Yeah man, the servers are **** tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

cambo2008 wrote: »

Yeah I was losing connection a fair bit last night.

What is the story with the sound dropouts? It's so f**king annoying. Sometimes I can only hear the reloading action from my gun and nothing else. I guess another hefty patch needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Veloce wrote: »
    Yeah I was losing connection a fair bit last night.

What is the story with the sound dropouts? It's so f**king annoying. Sometimes I can only hear the reloading action from my gun and nothing else. I guess another hefty patch needed?

Apparently the sound dropouts were fixed in the last patch, good joke EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Apparently the sound dropouts were fixed in the last patch, good joke EA.

They prob were.. and then just replaced with an even more destructive bug!

Cant get over how poor bad the loss of sounds gets sometimes!

Advertisement